in weather like this...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by kitty fabulous, Jun 3, 2007.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

...iced coffee is the nectar of the gods.

jeezuz i'm so lethargic i think i'm going to slip into a heat-induced coma, and then melt.

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

It's been really hot and muggy here lately, thankfully today isn't as bad as it was the past several days. I like hot weather, just not humidity.

Iced coffee sounds wonderful right now.

3. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

That makes me want to go and spend a huge $3.25 on a Moolatte at Dairy Queen, but I hate the people I work with so much right now, I don't think even a Moolatte could change my mind.

4. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

http://www.wunderground.com/US/NY/Rochester.html

wow 85 an 44% humidity,, with a heat index of 85 an your complainin like you are???

what a light weight..

5. kitty fabulous

taking the kids swimming at the Y.

HHB:
    i don't understand what your issue with me is, but please just leave me alone. if i bother you so much, then just ignore me. the nastiness is uncalled for and unnecessary.

6. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

Thankfully it's been really wet, rainy, chilly, and gloomy lately, because I despise warm weather. Unfortunately it's heating up today...but at least there's a breeze.

7. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

same here walrus.... just plain old cold n wet here! Its so chilly the past two days. I''m in the mood for some HOT coffee!

8. kitty fabulous

i actually love cool, rainy weather. it's hotter and stickier in my apartment than outside, wish i could spend more time outdoors today, but i've got housework to do. i bought some ice cream pops for the kids and we're going to the Y as soon as the clean towels are dry, so hopefully that will improve everyone's mood. it looks like it's about to rain, that will help, too.

i'm brewing my second pot of coffee for icing. i'm kind of a coffee snob; i'm using a light/dark blend by dean's beans. i'm wondering, what makes better iced coffee, a medium roast or a blend? i really don't like french roasts, it's basically a burnt bean. but i love me some full city roasted breakfast blend.

of course, there's this other side of me countering the coffee snob that just wants to take all the leftovers from the various blends, mix them willy-nilly in a jar and then brew it to see what it tastes like.

i think i'll do it.:tongue:

9. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

tell me about it...I had to get decaf though ): No more caffine for me for 9 months, maybe longer ): Can you have caffine while you breastfeed?

10. kitty fabulous

oops - looks like we'll get caught in a cloudburst if we go now. i don't mind walking in the rain but the kids think their mom is embarrassing when she dances in the rain so we're staying and eating ice cream in a "tent" in the living room.

whee! i want a rainstorm! this is awesome!

11. kitty fabulous

i'm not sure, i don't remember what we did. i know they gave me coffee in the hospital once in awhile, but iwasn't near the coffee addict i am now back then. i nursed shakti for 3 years, i'm sure i must have had coffee once in awhile during that time, especially since there's caffiene in my migraine medication.

i think my downfall with the caffiene was getting my own place after drifting for so long. a coffeemaker from the thrift store was the first appliance i bought. stabilizing in rochester allowed me the luxury of getting totally addicted to caffiene, and also the luxury to complain about the weather!

12. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Getting really windy out there. The rain is on the way.

13. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

How was it breastfeeding for 3 years? I feel funny about breast feeding. I know I am going to commit to doing it for at least 6 months, but I would feel weird nursing a toddler. I admire people who do it though.

14. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

i have no issue with you,,an i have no idea what your typing about.

nastiness?? by calling you a light weight im bein nasty?? or by insinuating that for you to complain about 85 is ridiculous??

i really dont understand what you are referring to.

15. kitty fabulous

85 is hot in rochester. stop the juvenile name-calling.

i'd put you on my ignore list if i could. if i bother you, quit responding to my posts.

16. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Some people are more heat sensitive too. My oldest son is like that.

17. kitty fabulous

i'm in the northeast. we do get hotter weather later in the summer, but 85 is pretty hot for rochester. when it gets up to 90, it's a big deal.

i'm lovin' this rain though! rain is "normal" weather for rochester this time of year. i love the way rainy weather feels.

hehe, here it is! shakti & i were out dancing in it! now she's crawled into all the towels that just got out of the dryer and fell asleep before her "pink princess tea" even finished steeping.

we wanted to let her self-wean, but the divorce interfered with that. i hang around a pretty crunchy crowd, so it didn't seem that unusual.

nursing a baby is natural. you'll love it, i promise you! stick with it as long as it feels right. there are a lot of very vocal people in favor of extended breastfeeding, and obviously that's what we decided worked best for us. but only you and your baby are going to know what's right for you. stick with what feels best.

18. kitty fabulous

oh yeah! the mixed coffee beans! i got so busy playing in the rain i almost forgot to do that! :tongue:

19. Merry Mab

Merry Mab Member

We're in the mid-90's, and I wish I had some ice-cold limeade, and the sprinkler lightly drizzling on me. Mmmm...

20. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Was 90 here yesterday. Today it's 78 and raining. And I wonder why I want to leave...