In need..

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by faithvaunjones, Jul 7, 2014.

1. faithvaunjones

faithvaunjones Guest

Hello everyone! My husband and I.. along w my 9 yr old son.. are tired of the rat race in mainstream society... and looking to leave the area... we now stay in toledo ohio area... my husband is a cdl class b driver... I have experience in childcare and im an artist... we long for a warmer climate... can anyone help? Or point us in right direction? Namaste.

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

California is pretty warm I hear

3. faithvaunjones

faithvaunjones Guest

Yea.. just trying to find work.. place to stay etc...:)

4. faithvaunjones

faithvaunjones Guest

If anyone has info.. feel free to send me a msg on kik... joneslady32

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

*Points south and west*

Good luck with that, last winter was harsh around these parts... Good to get out while you can.

6. faithvaunjones

faithvaunjones Guest

Yea.. ohio just isnt where my soul longs to be...

7. faithvaunjones

faithvaunjones Guest

Id love arizona or new mexico..

8. Tyrsonswood

Arizona is nice if you can handle the heat...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. faithvaunjones

faithvaunjones Guest

Haha yea I can

10. Tyrsonswood

Actually Sedona AZ is very nice... But that's why all the rich yuppies moved there and drove the prices off the map.

There are some great ghost towns NW of Phoenix that would be affordable, but not much work. Even with a CDL...

Anywhere in the Tonto National Forest area is beautiful, but then you are back into cold winters.

Good luck wherever you land.

11. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I think you may want to post in the communal living section

1 person likes this.
  12. faithvaunjones

faithvaunjones Guest

13. wildmoonflower

wildmoonflower Members

I live in Youngstown, Ohio and my boyfriend, daughter and I are in a similiar mind set.
    I just posted this in a couple threads. Good luck finding somewhere cool! Let me know if you find somewhere cool that is seeking out more people to join! :)

My name is Erica, I'm 30, my boyfriend Travis is 35 and our daughter Harmony is almost 3. We currently live in a cramped little apartment in Youngstown, Ohio and are dying to get out of here, learn some new things and get back to nature!
    We are kind, honest, compassionate, loving people who put our daughter before everything. We love art, free thought, self expression and both have a very ridiculous, silly, "out there" sense of humor and are light hearted. We don't value material things (althought we do love garage sales, flea markets and similiar kinds of treasure hunting) and love being outdoors more then anything. We enjoy reading about science, mystery, philosophy, psychology, oddities and different cultures. We are vegetarians. We are athiests. We plan on homeschooling our child. Unfortunately, where we live (Youngstown, Ohio area), not a lot of people share the same ideals as us and people tend to look down on us for our individuality.
    Neither of us are strangers to hard work.
    Travis works in a laminate factory and has worked on farms, in other factories and on motorcycles most of his life. He is a musician (mainly bass guitar) and music nerd. He is very intelligent and is one of those guys who knows a little about everything and loves to learn new traits.
    I currently work from home and take care of Harmony while Travis is at work. I started a small business not long ago, www.funkymonkeygorillagrams.com , where I do "Gorilla Grams", Character Appearances and more (check the website, told you I have a silly sense of humor!). I also sell items on eBay. In the past, I've worked as a housekeeper for a family with 5 children, waitressed and worked at resturants and designed and silkscreened T-Shirts that I sold at music shows.
    I have done a lot of traveling, especially in my early 20's. I was a wanderer, flowerchild, hippie - call it what you will but wow was it fun! I experienced the commune life, rainbow gatherings and even lived on a traveling schoolbus for a few months. It lasted a few years on and off and was one of the best times of my life! I loved how everyone worked together and with so little, we accomplished so much! I have lived in many different states but came back to Youngstown (where I'm from originally) when I had my daughter.
    Now that she is a little older, we would like to relocate to somewhere more remote. We are open to many different options! We just want to get out this area. Commune life, working as farm hands, sharing land, etc. We want to live somewhere open with land, trees, water - away from a lot of people. We would love to have a large garden, chickens and other animals and living from the land as much as possible. We are open to learning new trades and collaborating on projects. Our daughter's health and happiness is our main concern. We are tired of raising her around pollution, negativity and materialism. If you have a job, home or opportunity that you think would fit us and feel that we share common traits, please contact me and let's chat! :)

14. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

^ Hi Wildmoonflower. You may want to contact SBA and especially SCORE. They can help you with your business.

Sometimes the difference between a failing business and a thriving one is a bit of good advice. SCORE in particular may be helpful to you if you can find a mentor that clicks with your personality and values, and who is enthusiastic about helping you with your business. Also, you can have more than one mentor.

You may want to ask yourself if your current business your best opportunity. Is it better to invest in developing your current business, or invest in a change of plans?

If you decide to continue with your current business or a new business, doing things like an analysis of your market, competitors, and other elements of a formal business plan may help. Many experts believe that the quality of your business plan is the single most important factor determining the success of your business.

You may want to PM Heat about your business. I don't think that she has any experience with entrepreneurship in particular, but I think she has degrees in business, accounting, and human resources, and may have some good advice.

hope that this helps!