In love with my best friend...

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by shygirl94, Sep 27, 2011.

1. dreamsDOcomeTRUE

dreamsDOcomeTRUE KYTLIVE

No problem!
    --------------------------
    It's not that I'm confident, I just accepted the fact that I am a lesbian, its not like I can change who I am. Sometimes it is hard to accept yourself in this situation when you surrounding by close minded/ religious people who think this is wrong .

2. shygirl94

shygirl94 Member

M3z!, that's true but i'm far too shy for that. even to do it indirectly, by asking if she ever thought a girl was attractive or wanted to kiss one. cuz if she answers "no, and you?", i'm afraid i will give myself away and say yes. and it will get pretty awkward. or even if i say no, she'll know i'm lying. she can tell when i'm lying very easily.
    i'm too much a scaredy-cat ^^

3. M3z!

M3z! Member

May I ask how old you are?

4. shygirl94

shygirl94 Member

yes you may ^^
    i'm 16, turning 17 in November

5. M3z!

M3z! Member

Mhmm we are close in age then. Why don't you just tell her straight up you like girls see how she reacts, if you like her so much she must be a good person. Rarely anyone these days in our generation are apposed to gay people.

6. shygirl94

shygirl94 Member

M3z!, you're right- she's a very good person, an amazing person (and i'm not biased, everyone who knows her thinks so :)). and i don't think she's opposed to gay people (at least she never made any homophobic comments in my presence). butbutbut i don't know, despite all this i'm still too scared. i can't help it, i'm very shy, especially about things like this...
    i know i can't spend my whole life being shy/scared of everything cuz that won't get me anywhere. i heard a saying before, that it's better to do and regret than not do and regret.
    but even though i know all this, my fear is greater :(
    how did you work up the courage to tell your best friend you liked her (you said you did in a previous post)? or are you just overall a confident person? ^^

7. shygirl94

shygirl94 Member

M3z!, sometimes i almost think she knows about my feelings and is just waiting for me to bring it up on my own. maybe she thinks that since we both know about my feelings and we also both know that she won't reciprocate them (i'm almost 100% sure she's straight- she only crushes on guys and all her previous relationships were with guys), there's no point in either of us bringing it up so she just ignores it. who knows? i wish i did...
    i'm always surprised at how easily she reads my mind. i could start saying something and she finishes my sentence before for me, almost word for word the way i was going to say it. heck, sometimes i don't even have to open my mouth- she just looks at me and guesses my thoughts! that's how well she knows me.

8. M3z!

M3z! Member

At the time I was quite shy but we were extremely close and basically told her eachother everything.
    I remember one day I said I was kinda curious about girls and she said she was as well. But the thing that lead us to dating or closer to dating was when I started talking to this other girl, and it made her slightly jealous. But It still took awhile untill we dated. We both actually had boyfriends at the time and ended up breaking up with them both to date eachother lol.
    But maybe you should try looking around for a bi or lesbian girl to see if it affects her at all, or just try to move on. If there turns out to be no hope to a romantic thing with her thats all you really can do you know.

9. M3z!

M3z! Member

She might suspect it but she won't recognize it unless you tell her, There is a possibility shes bi, there are so many bi people these days. At least where I live. Another thing is just because of how close you are she may be able to see you that way. Thats how it was for me and my best friend, im the only girl shes ever dated.

10. uglypuppy

uglypuppy Member

This thread came when I needed it most. I have a huge crush on my best friend. She doesn't know I'm bi, and I just found out she is, but she still hasn't come out to me. Fuck, she's amazing, but any relationship with her would drive me fucking insane (and not in the good way).
    Point of process, though: When you feel comfortable with yourself and your sexuality, then you should tell her. She has a right to know.

11. M3z!

M3z! Member

Yeah thats why me and my ex best friend relationship didn't last, (we didnt stop being best friends because of our relationship or anything to do with it btw)

She can be so difficult to deal with haha. Bi polar as fuck and just makes things more difficult than they have to be, yet I still love her in my own way. first love never really goes away.

12. shygirl94

shygirl94 Member

yeah, i guess i'll just have to do that- move on... it'll take a while cuz my feelings are strong... i think the way things are it really is my only option.
    thanks for your help M3z!

13. M3z!

M3z! Member

Anytime :) I would love to keep in touch if ya want.

14. shygirl94

shygirl94 Member

i'd like that too :)
    do you wanna keep in touch through this forum or is email more convenient?

15. M3z!

M3z! Member

Email would be better, or facebook but I can understand you not wanting to post that on here for everyone to see lol.

16. shygirl94

shygirl94 Member

um i don't have facebook ^^
    so yes, let's exchange emails :)

17. M3z!

M3z! Member

Damn I don't get on my email much lol.

but its maryellenz.0116@gmail.com

you can work towards unlocking pm's on here, that would be simpler for me than email.

18. shygirl94

shygirl94 Member

hey, i use gmail too! except for the past few days it's been glitching- i can't access it for some reason ><
    mine is svetikc@gmail.com
    i have another gmail-account but i don't check it as often...
    what does "work towards unlocking pm's on here" mean? isn't pm-ing available to everyone on here?

19. shygirl94

shygirl94 Member

*reads your visitor message in my profile*
    oh that's how it works, so i have to make more posts... gotcha ;D
    i'll work towards that ^^

20. M3z!

M3z! Member

ok sweet :)