Important!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by stebo32, May 27, 2006.

1. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

When I worked at a gas station, we didn't have to card for papers.

2. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

hm.. my work's cameras can zoom in on the ids enough to read the date.

but i dont have to id people if i "think" they look over 30, or if i know they are over 18/21.

one of my friends came in and gave me his id, and i pushed it back and was all "dude, i know how old you are". ... turns out he's a year younger than i thought though. lol (but still old enough.. barely).

my friend who worked with me used to let his friends buy things all the time. he'd be like "you're 21. i dont need an id".. they are like 19. haha.

but if we get caught selling to people who are underage, we are taken to court and have huge problems.. :/

3. stebo32

stebo32 amanita monster

wow serious? the laws must be less strict in Montreal then, i mean... kids 15-18 buy booze all teh time... like 1/2 stores will let you.:confused:

4. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

Yeah i know :D
    I think they can have huge shit if they get caught but the governement has better things to do like selling parts of a provincial park to make condominiums[​IMG]

5. stebo32

stebo32 amanita monster

lmao yea.!

6. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

well i can "know" some people are old enough.. i'm not supposed to, but i mean, if its a good friend, sure.
    or like the guy i was dating, sent a friend with a fake id, and called and told me so i'd know to let it slide.

theres lots of stupid laws though. like if you have someone with you and they mention anything about the product you're buying, they have to have an id too cause its then assumed they are participating in using it afterward. or if they hold the product. or help choose it.
    but then the people just have to walk off the property, and the one whos old enough walk back and buy it. (as in go outside, step off the curb and turn around and come back in).

7. spooner

spooner is done.

in bc if a server gets busted serving booze to a minor they get a 500 dollar fine, the resteraunt get fines in the thousands of dollars, and can lose their liquor license.

8. The.KK

The.KK Member

Depends on the cashier. Some ask for ID, some don't. Usualy the chineese owned stores don't ask, they get good buisiness by us.
    Yesterday me and my friend bought a 12pack, no questions were asked.

9. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

of course :confused:

here in the free world we can at least :p

Though if they get caught its a £2000 fine.....

10. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Haha, lotsa places still won't carry alcohol here and you can't purchase after midnight.