Important Questions for atheists

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by ginalee14, Apr 20, 2014.

1. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I feel the same way toward theists, frustrated. The ways religious inhibit real progress and justice has been demonstrated to me ad nauseum. I've watched a religious right wing administration flat out lie to its population, wage an unjust illegal war costing trillions and then get re-elected of all things. People absolutely love to live in denial. Faith is a reckless and deadly ego trip drug. The world views the US as a joke, oil bully redneck inbred religious bible thumping retards. Who supports oil wars and driving 6MPG Hummers more than a young earth American idiot? Thank you TLC, for the Duggars and the Robertsons, and the Romanichael religious dirtbag gypsy superstitious self-indulgent morons.

BTW, I believe LIFE is eternal.
    By way of space and time though, not God.

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

That's the way with polls. They're based on samples. And yet if the samples are done scientifically, they yield results that are pretty accurate, with a small margin of error. The Pew polls are pretty good, and the best we have. Beats guessing.

3. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

No one has ever asked me either. I think it's done through owe work places, our bosses are paid extra bucks by the government to sneak onto lunchrooms and locker rooms and listen to us then report what they hear. Imagine all the other shit the government knows about us just because we go to work each day, hee hee.

4. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

You're kidding,right?

5. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

Yes, no,,, ya I am,,,

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

how do you know the results are accurate if your only asking a small margin.

one year tuffy rhodes hit 3 homeruns in the first game of the season for the cubs. that was a small sample. he ended the year with 8. that is another small sample. he never hit more than 3 in any other complete season.
    but take a small sample of his games and you would think he was the next babe ruth. instead you never heard of him.

7. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Ha! yeah and the bibles a trick of the devil, anyone who falls for that shit ain't getting anywhere near heaven! lol ;):p

8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

National scientific polling has been going on since the 1930s, and the major polling outfits have an impressive record. A random sample of 1500 will give you results with a margin of error of +/- 3. It's been verified time after time. Gallup, Harris and the other major pollsters made a profitable business out of it. If you don't understand it, read a statistics book or take a course. The examples you gave are far too small to be statistically significant, nor are they random, and we're not talking here about predicting future behavior, we're talking about percentages of religious and non-religious folks in the general population.

9. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Thank you :2thumbsup:

10. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Why's that, because of polls and statistics that suggest people are more Faithful in God than they really are?

11. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

A trick of satan? That's interesting. Maybe there's a reason why so many American men are named after ah, people in the Bible.

Joseph, John, Mark, Matthew, Timothy, Thomas, Peter, James, Andrew, Daniel (and many more) ... WTF?

What if godless Americans all got together and decided to rename Philadelphia on account of: it's a Biblical word (in Revelations, oops). Good idea, right?

Hey Iran! The "great satan America" has been solved! All we gotsta do is take out Philadelphia, then satan's Bible in satan's country will be a thing of history!

The atheists have saved murica, from satan! Weeee!

12. storch

storch banned

It is possible that the Bible is a trick of Satan. An indication of his success would be if, upon sensing that you are in the presence of God, your first thought is, "Please don't hurt me."

13. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Should we tell her that the original texts wouldn't have used names like Matthew, Mark, Luke and John?

Also, most atheists I know are smart enough to not use such ignorant grammar. Please do not confuse those people with tea party types.

14. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Some people do think that satan is the one true god, but it isn't true.

The real trick is getting people to believe that satan isn't real, and that God isn't real.

People fail to learn and understand. That is their own fault.

15. storch

storch banned

Yeah, I started getting suspicious of this God character while attending Sunday School. When it came time for everyone to pray, I couldn't help but notice that the protocol I had to follow before communication with God could commence sure seemed to indicate that he was one paranoid entity. I thought I might just tell God what was on my mind, but NO!

First he told me to get on my knees, which I guessed was so that if I tried to assault him, he would have a little advanced warning; I was young, but it still took me a few seconds to get up off the floor from a kneeling position. After that, I got down on my knees and started talking. But NO! He told me he'd feel a lot better if I looked down at the floor. So I did. Then he said, "In fact, why don't you close your eyes, too." So I did, and then I started talking to him. But NO! He interrupted me and said, "I want to see your hands out in front of you where I can see them, and put them together with your fingers interlocked. So I did. And he said, "What do you want to tell me?" But at that point, I started thinking, what could somebody this paranoid really know about anything?

16. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Wow. I'm impressed. You're cool.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Did God told you that, or someone at sunday school? You are aware you can pray in any way you would like? It seems you are confusing the people who taught you stuff with God itself :p

18. storch

storch banned

Yes, God telleded me that.

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

What do names have to do with satan tricking people?

20. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

I'm not the one who said the Bible is a trick of satan (which of course .. no, it isn't).

It's not up to me to do other people's thinking for them.