Imagine the next Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Children's Books' started by Penny, May 15, 2004.

1. lovelyweapon

lovelyweapon Member

Obviously not us, since we are talking about it like, you know, WE ENJOY IT.

2. Pharoah

Pharoah Member

Yeah Professor Severus! :)

3. Terra

Terra Member

Of course it will. JKR planned everything very well so even the smallest thing or character will be more important later. She's proved that many times.

Maybe she will, maybe not. I agree that her relationship with Bill will become more serious but I don't think she will play a big role.

I have strong feeling the Percy will die. I can't explain it but I almost sure about it. Many people suggest the idea that all this time he was spying on Ministry and working for Dumbledore but I don't really agree with that. He is very ambitious and would do anything even abandon his family. I have a slight suspicion that he might join Death Eaters.

You're right. Rowling already told that Harry will have some romance in books 6 and 7.

I am sure too. Rowling has given many hints on that matter and she was shocked that people think there's something going on between Harry and Hermione. She said to look for clues in book 4 so there you have it. It's Ron and Hermy ;)

Is he now? Am I missing something? Anyway, I think, future is holding great things for him.

Again, he isn't there for no reason. Maybe he will help Dumbledore and Hagrid to keep in touch with other giants and bring them back to their side.

Definitely. Now that Lucius is in Azkaban, he might try to use Draco to revenge Harry. And Draco himself will be happy to do it.

I think he will. There's more in Neville than a cowardly and forgetful little boy. I am sure he will revenge his parents.

I don't think Snape will get over that. I think he will stay in whole books the same way he is now.

I hope so but I am not sure he will. Although that veil is a bit strange. I mean, look at Cedric! He died in a usual way and not fell in some veil. It has to mean something...

I love discussions about HP books :D

4. Floris

Floris Member

what was going to be the name again? halfblood prince or something, right? Well, Harry and Neville are both halfbloods... I hink Neville is going to play a vital role...

As for Sirius coming back... no sorry, just couldn't happen... maybe he will see his ghost sometime, but he just won't play a big role anymore... It's a shame really, but well... 'kill your darlings'.

I'm very anxious to read the new book!

5. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

oh man i havent read these books in forever!

the first ones were good.. but the latest two were the best!

6. Peasento

Peasento Member

I want Percy to die. And JK killing Sirius was like Marvin dying in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Authors seem to really like getting rid of their best loved characters.

7. blueclowds

blueclowds Member

JK Rowling hinted that the mirror Sirius gave Harry will be important in future books. I wonder if perhaps they will somehow communicate through them. Also, has anyone gone through the veil before? If not then, maybe Sirius isn't really gone. The circumstances of his death are so strange that perhaps his death itself doesn't follow the usual rules. Either way I hope that the veil plays an important part in the next novels and that Harry learns something or comes to master some of the things in the Dept. of Mysteries.

Also I was on this site--I want to say the HP Lexicon but I might be wrong. Anyway they had this theory about unicorns and death. When Hagrid, Harry & co are looking for injured unicorns in the Forbidden Forest, something is said (by Hagrid I think) about how the innocent are always the first to die. Later C.D., whose wand contains a unicorn hair core dies. Anyway if this pattern keeps up, are we to suppose that Ron dies in the upcoming books?--Also in the OotP, Mrs. W. sees Ron dead first when confronting the boggart. And on top of that even Harry is convinced for a bit that Ron is dead... I don't think Harry can die--the prophecy doesn't seem to really lead us in that direction (unless Voldemort wins and that's gonna happen--NOT) and it would be a bit of a let down if all of Harry's friends survived their seven years at Hogwarts. Not that I am terribly dark--it's just that it would seem to easy. Hermione can't die because then the girl guy ration would be too scewed. I half hope Ron doesn't die for Hermione's sake but if not Ron then who?

Next theory (after which I will stop posting and write my paper):
    Albus Dumbledore's life seems to parallel Harry's future. Albus defeats a great and powerful wizard and then fades into the background as Harry comes of age. Albus seems to be the perfect guide for Harry because he has done exactly what Harry must do. I have this feeling that Harry will somehow come to take Dumbledore's place in the next two books--not necessarily as headmaster, but in the wizarding community. Also I am really excited to see how Harry does on his NEWTS. There is that comment made my the wizard--can't remember the name but it starts with an M in the OotP--anyway the wizard comes to administer the OWL tests and says something about how Dumbledore did things with his wand that she had never seen before when he took his NEWTS. Rowling has hinted that Harry will come to have some amazing powers in the next books---(and the next bit is totally based on fanfiction but seems valid nonetheless) I think that wandless magic and possible animagus abilities are in store for Harry. I would also like to see a development of the Godric Griffendore heir/Godric's Hollow idea--but then again the Sorting Hat's song in the last book made me feel like a throw back the middle ages and pre-englightened thinking for wanting this.

8. RussBob

RussBob Member

i agree about the ron and hermoine thing...... I heard in an interview that she cried when she killed Siruis so i don't think that he will be coming back.....I am anxiously awaiting the next books......But i hear she has to kill Harry off please say it isn't true...............i would be so upset...........

9. paix

paix Senior Member

I so hope Sirius come back in the next, it would be so so sad to see him go! I also think Neville will play a huge roll, and does anyone else think that maybe his mom isn't really insane? Call me crazy, but I think that the bubble gum wrappers or whatever it is that she always give him are some kind of key or clue. I'd bet money on it.

I can't wait till the next book!

10. Marlyn

Marlyn Member

As much as I absolutly love harry potter i seriously want this to happen. pimps are my heroes :D

11. Sedge

Sedge Member

how did nearly headless nick and all the other ghosts become ghosts, I can't remember, cos if Sirius is dead he may be-able to come back as a ghost

12. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

No..Sirius won't become a ghost....don't you remember in the last book where Harry is desperately grieving for Sirius he hits on the ghost idea and runs off to talk to Nearly Headless Nick, who says ( if I recall rightly:p ) that the people who are ghosts are stuck in between the worlds of the living and the dead..they were the people who were too scared to make the transition to life beyond the veil....Sirius, Nick says, would not have been afraid to make that jump. That does fit in with Sirius' character he was noble and reckless..and would definitely have moved on.
    But I do wonder if Sirius will reappear in some way...maybe that mirror will be used....it got a big introduction and nothing has ever come of it.....

13. Sedge

Sedge Member

I can't remember that, I'll have to read book 5 again, although I agree with what you say about him being all noble, but yeah if he does reappear then it will probably be using the mirror

14. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

but Harry tried to use the mirror and it didn't work. I think he may come back in a portrait if at all. I think that Ron and Hermione WILL end up dating. Or at least kissing in the 6th book. I don't know if JK Rowling will write more books after the 7th. SHe has said over and over that she hasn't. Fan mail doesn't mean anything to her because she's had this story planned out for years. And personally I don't think that there will be more than 7 books because I beleive that Harry will (gasp!) die. I think he'll conquer Lord Voldemort, but I think at the very end, something tragic will happen. Or maybe not, but i don't see why else JK would be so adamant on only writing 7 books.

I also want to see more of Neville and what Harry's OWL grades were. I wonder why his stay at the Dursley's will be the shortest?

15. Sedge

Sedge Member

hey maybe the fact that both harry's and voldemorts wands have the same feathers from fawkes, will affect the "final battle" like it did in book 4

16. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

I love Harry Potter -or the books anyways, I'm not Snape but neither is Harry such a favorite I'd say I love him ;).

I agree that Neville will probably play a bigger role; does anyone else think he may be better in magic now he's going to need a new wand? He was using his dad's, but that might not fit him too well... sure, his own magic may also not be too strong, for a long time they thought he was a squib because he never did any of that unconscious magic that kids do, but still... using a handed down wand instead of getting his own that's exactly right for him can't have helped!

And yes, Percy might well die.. do something to redeem himself for being so stupid in following Fudge and all. I sure wouldn't want to sell him life insurance right now...

I'm really afraid Severus & Harry won't come to an understanding in the series. The scene with the pensieve was such a missed opportunity... that should've gone differently. When I read that scene the first time I hoped so much that Harry, when he'd inevitably be caught, would have a chance to say he didn't enjoy seeing it and thought it was a rotten thing for his dad to do... And I was soooo disappointed when that didn't happen. Now, I don't know.. I'm afraid they'll go on hating each other and it'll probably all end with Severus dying too. The bad-guy turned good, dying in the end to save the hero... My one hope is that even if JKR is planning that the editor will put a stop to using such an over-used cliche ;)

Anyone here like fanfiction? I write it a lot, although I haven't updated for months, got too many stories going at once and I'm really bad at 'writing on demand'... everything posted *will* be finished some day, however it may be a while... Anyone who doesn't like waiting, stick to the finished ones ;) http://www.fanfiction.net/~myranya

17. imaflake

imaflake Member

I saw my sisters complain for years about their hatred of all things Lit. and then one christmas I came home from college and found my ten year old sister reading an eight hundred page book. Anything that will inspire a child to read is well worth the money in my opinion. I was excited that for once she was not glued to the tv. I myself am drawn to the books for unexplained reasons. I can read them fifty times and still come back for more. I know what it is.... Rowling puts an airborne addictive substance in the glue which binds the book together... Oh crap.. I've been duped. :)