Images Of Art

Discussion in 'Hip Photos' started by StellarCoon, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think it might have to do with how long you've been a member. My edit button my ^ post is still up, but I remember a few years ago it was all I could do to sleep a few hours and get in to catch my embarrassing drunk posts before the edit button disappeared :p

I dont see why you would want to delete it though, I like your analysis. I didnt even notice the background, I was struck by how sweet and innocent she looks but that does contrast with the darker hues of the background. I like how he captured so much expression in her face. In the face of the 2nd painting too. And so much movement in all of them, even the static poses. You can feel the moment the girl in the first painting moved her hand to grab her opposite elbow. It's a nervous gesture I make a lot haha

2. parua

parua Members

You have more natural empathy than I do. I don't know if I could have related the way she was holding her arm to nervous energy that easily(I kinda see broad content, sometimes, when trying to figure out some emotions) I can definitely see it now though.

I'm not sure what point I was trying to get to in my last post, but I am really bad about not getting to the point.

There definitely is lot of movement in the other pictures - storm like...mental storm maybe.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Sebastio Salgado is fucking amazing. No one captures humanity quite like him

Took me forever to dig up this thread by the way, I wish it was more active. 0ef51e934991e2a0bf13f7ce875222d7.jpg 95.931_01_b02-Large-TIFF_4000-pixels-long.jpg Sebastião-Salgado-8.jpeg

Asmodean, hotwater and parua like this.
  4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Director Brian De Palma based Carrie's posture and walk at the end of the film after Gustave Moreau's 1851 painting The Study of Lady Macbeth.

[​IMG]

mysticblu21 and Meliai like this.
  5. hotwater

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Nice bike!

hotwater likes this.
  7. Nebulous

Nebulous Carpe diem

8. Dax

Dax Members

Frederic Leighton, 1st Baron Leighton, PRA, known as Sir Frederic Leighton between 1878 and 1896, was a British painter, draughtsman and sculptor. His works depicted historical, biblical, and classical subject matter in an academic style

The Painter's Honeymoon 1864 by Sir Frederic Leighton.

417621977_orig.jpg

mysticblu21 and hotwater like this.
  9. hotwater

From the David Uhl collection..................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]