I'ma a twice a week plasma donor.. v. askmeanything

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gravity, Feb 5, 2009.

1. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

The plasma people need- which,is WHY it needs to be donated, to be used on people medically-
    , needs to be compatible with their own.. sort of like blood...it still depends on the blood type they are. They don't just suck out your plasma and go stick it in any old vegetable ,yanno?

I don't really think it is possible to dumb that down further for you.

2. Gravity

Gravity #winning

I've been going off and on for the past yr, and I'm going to ask this next time I'm in there.. cause's that's news to me.

3. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

yeah, because google and every fucking site on the matter isn't believable:
    " People with AB+ type blood are universal donors of plasma, the liquid portion of blood. AB+ plasma is often used in emergencies, for newborns and for patients requiring massive transfusions"

http://www.givelife2.org/sponsor/quickfacts.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type
    "type AB blood can be transfused to individuals of any blood group; individuals of blood group O can receive plasma from any blood group; and type O plasma can be used only by type O recipients."

..but yeah ask... it really seems you should know things like what they are doing with your fluids before they take it...
    and now I need you to give kr your kidney.

4. Gravity

Gravity #winning

I'm tired for the night.. gotta bounce.. pzz :seeya:

5. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

*prepares a bathtub of ice* Only a matter of time. You can't sleep with your eyes open!

6. Gravity

Gravity #winning

I still don't get what your point is.

So they still can donate right?

7. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

Yes. Any blood type can donate blood or plasma. Abpos is compatible for almost anyone who needs plasma, so more in demand,more useful...
    Opos is compatible with almost anyone who needs blood so more in demand far that.
    So blood type matters in term of what is needed to give.
    I don't understand what you are missing or how to dumb it down further.

8. Gravity

Gravity #winning

????

edit - I think you're talking about is what is done with the plasma.. I'm just referring to people going into the clinic and donating. That anybody can donate (bloodwise) unless they have HIV/AIDS or Hep

9. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

How can I get random people to give me cash wherever I go?

10. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

Ok slow poke.

You walk in to donate plasma, it is the end of the day and you show up at the same time as some other jerk- they only have time to let one of you go-
    the other guy is Ab+
    you are O+
    because O+ can ONLY be used for people who are also O they send your sorry ass home, and take the other dudes plasma AND BEG him to come back for more appoitments.
    Yes. anyone blood type CAN donate, some blood types are more useful, more needed and more encouraged tan others.

wtf, should I draw you a graph??

11. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

are you homeless?

are you an alcoholic?

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

dammit! i read this whole boring thread, and someone finally said what i was going to in the last damn post.

well, i was actually going to ask about the price of crack, but you know, same thing.

13. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

theres not much questions i can think of about donating plasma. ive done it before, not much to it. I cant do it anymore because my iron is too low. even with iron pills, i still have trouble passing by like one point.

14. mamaKCita

sorry. i scanned as fast as i could to get that posted.

15. Gravity

Gravity #winning

I'm saying the same exact thing, you're just going WAY to far into detail of what goes with what. I don't see the disagreement.

16. mamaKCita

no, she said that other blood types are more useful and get preference due to their demand. i think that's pretty simple.

17. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

those big words are gonna hurt his wee brain.

18. Gravity

Gravity #winning

haha..

you're a fucking idiot. and have problems with reading comprehension emo lady. May be the mascara in ya eyes.

NEVER did I once say anything about what you were talking about. "other blood types are more useful and get preference due to their demand"

I said, all blood types are allowed to donate, unless they have HIV/AIDS..

Then you went to derailing my thread talking about certain types of plasma is better than others. That is OBVIOUS, or I wouldn't be on the program that I am on.

19. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

O rly?

You are sort of a dumbass ,huh?

yeah. totally my fault for trying to explain something in the simplest possible terms.
    Must be the mascara or whatever crack at my looks you needed to take to make up for your lack of sense and small penis.

Does plasma donation deplete your brain cells, or is this just your natural state?

20. Gravity

Gravity #winning

And everything you just quoted is correct.