Im Pregnant...

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by SexyDreads, May 13, 2004.

1. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

Well y ouve all made me feel a lot better about the whole situation. And a bit proud. A lot of you mentioned fate. Wel I too see it as fate. Before I met Scott, I was a free love crazy child, going around with girls and boys alike. Never staying with one person for more than a couple of hours. But when I met Scott, I knew, and he knew, that it was just suppose to happen. We met in October, October 17th. I move in in November, November 12th. And we decided to get married somewhere in mid to late november. We are so right for eachother, and I see this pregnancy as a sign. This will be the one I will love for the rest of my life, he will be the father of my children. I love him so much!!!

But anyway, baby stuff...

Weve thought about names already. If its a boy, we'd like to name him Jack Kesler Haydon. But if its a girl, we'd like to name her Karma Lily Haydon. Were still battling with Karma Lotus or Karma Begonia. Which do you think sounds better? See, when we thought of names I said,"what about Jack?" He says,"I like Jack." So we just decided Jack. And Karma, well...it would be just like karma if I had a daughter and she turned out just like me as my mom always told me.

I havent started the morning sickness phase. Im only a month. Tonight Scott and I tell him mother, who is a doula. She will be so excited! Im excited. Everything is for the baby now and I cant wait. Ive already bought a little Bob Marley onesie! Hehehe....

Thanks everyone,
    Peace,
    Jessica

2. FreeSpiritedMelody

FreeSpiritedMelody changes poopy diapers

congratulations!! I got pregnant when I was 18, and had my daughter after I turned 19. She is two months old now. It is the best thing that will ever happen to you!! It is a lot of work, but so much fun. Enjoy being pregnant, I miss my belly a lot sometimes! And take lots of pictures.

I dont know where you're planning on delivering, but I recommend finding a birth center and delivering with midwives. I delivered at a birth center in a tub underwater, and it was the most amazing, spiritual experience ever. I didn't have an epidural or anything, and I think its better that way. Afterwards you feel great and your baby is not groggy or anything... my baby was very alert and she still is.. people cant believe how attentive she is!

So anyways, good luck and trust in God to help you! Thats how I have made it this far.
    Peace

3. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Well, the drugged the hell out of me and Noah turned out alright... :) I felt great, too.... :) But it's probably a lot healthier to do it naturally. My mom just kind of put herself in control of everything.... :(

4. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I like Karma Lily. It seems to flow better to me. I'm happy things are feeling better for you!

5. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

karma lily is nice.

my first baby the nurses didnt let me make any decisions, you have to be really agressive to get them to listen to ya with the first baby at the hosbital i had both my kids at, second time i was in labor at home,walked around a bit took a few baths, went to the hosbital and had baby about 2 or 3 hours after i got there.................................................

just make sure you have all your stuff together and phone numbers to call everyone when ya go, my whole family was in the waiting room...................

6. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

I have an excellent midwife. The best in Washington state I believe. My mother in law, Patti Ramos, is a doula, and was previously a midwife for 25 years. She recommended Nancy Spencer to Scott and me. I just went and visited with her yesterday. Shes very nice and has a wonderful birthing center. But we prefer to do it at home. All natural you know. Patti told us that shes one of the only midwives in the northwest region that can dialate a cervix by massaging it with her fingers. So no long labors. Sweet! I told all my parents, yes all 4 of them. Step included. They all took it terribly well. My step mom was actually really happy, not like I thought shed be. And my dad was just a glow worm! Beaming with joy. I was really happy about that.

Well, thanks everyone!

Peace,
    Jessica

7. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Congratulations!

My mom had me when she was 18, and now she's a young grandma, goes out dancing, swinging her dreads around. That's one advantage. Since you're starting young, you'll have more energy than people who waited until they were older.

Ignore the bad vibes from your stepmom and other people. Tell them straight up that you don't need that. I got some of that, too. Once the baby comes around, more likely than not, she'll adore your child. If she still has an attitude it's her loss.

Welcome to the Parent Club!

Enjoy your pregnany. That was the last time I remember having parenting all figured out. (Before they were born.)

I have just one more thing to add. I am the foron formerly known as Govi. When the website changed I didn't have any luck using my old name, unfortunately. Anyway, on the parenting forum I wrote a big, long thread about how being named Govinda Starchild by my parents has affected my life. Govinda is a Sanscrit name and Karma is a Sanscrit/Hindu word also. Be careful naming your kid a name like Karma. I am all for creative, hippy names, but when they have religious connotations you can be setting your kid up for all kinds of wierdness. I'm speaking from experience. People assume I'm in their cults, etc.

ANYWAY...congratualtions and good luck! How fortunate that you have a doula in the family!

8. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

SexyDreads: I am so glad everyone took the news well. It seems that the fear of telling your parents is worse than them actuallly knowing. (Did that make sense?) Anyway, happy pregnancy!!

9. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

I thought about the name issues, but Im sure everything will be fine. Im not using Karma in any religious purpose, and if people think I am and have something as a bad vibe about it, oh well. But thanks for the heads up!!

Peace,
    Jessica

10. TreeHouse

TreeHouse Member

By the way some men find pregnant women a big turn on. I certainly do, especaily if a woman is attractive to be begin with. There is something about the shape of a pregnant womans' body that many men find sexy. ;)

11. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Congratulations on your little miracle. Nothing is more precious!

It's completely normal to have doubts, to be afraid, even if you PLANNED to become pregnant. Just the fact that you can reconzie those feelings and address them makes me feel that you're going to be a good mama.

I was pregnant with my oldest son when I was 20 years old, and I gave birth to him when I was 21. I remember feeling just like you. I was escatic, but also terrified. I too, even though I had my husband there, felt alone and scared. I think that those are pretty common emotions with pregnant women, especially first time mommies. They've got a lot going on inside!

Keep your chin up, and focus on the most important things right now. Things have a way of working out. You are on the road to a new life, and, as a mommy of three little ones whom I adore, I couldn't imagine a better path!

Congratulations again!