Im Pregnant...

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by SexyDreads, May 13, 2004.

1. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

And absolutely terrified!

My body feels so weird. I have an enormous amount of butterflies in my tummy. I feel so strange to myself. If I lay on my tummy it hurts and feels like I have gas. I dont feel like my normal self.

Im so young! There are so many other things Id like to be doing. My fiance and I always talked about having children, but not this soon. Deep down inside Im so happy! And want to smile all day long. But then I think of the expenses, and were trying to buy a house right now! I have plans to go to school this fall!

Im anxious, happy, scared, sad, and I feel so terribly alone for some reason.

>Sigh< I just foun out last night. I didnt sleep a wink. Now I have 15 minutes to get to work. Which Ill probably quit this job to get a better one. Oh life changes so quckly and you dont even know it....

Thanks for listening.

Peace,
    Jessica

2. skye*

skye* Member

Its Normal To Feal Scared, Im Pregnant Also Right Now And Just Found Out A Few Weeks Ago :) I Also Am Scared Even Though I Have A A Daughter Already Whos 15 Months Old, Married And I Am 28. This Is Life Your Creating Right Now. There Are So Many Things Going On With Your Body, Try To Relax And Go With It. I Know I'm Scared About The Baby Being Okay, And About Giving My Children Equal Attention. I Dont Want My Daughter To Feel Left Out In Any Way.
    And As Any Mother Does I Hope The Babe Is Healthy.

These Feeling You Have Hon Are Quite Normal And Dont Worry You Have A Loving Fiance And Even Though Your Young I Know You Can Do It. Being A Mother Is One Of The Greatest Gifts In Life :) You Wouldnt Beleive The Amount Of Happiness That Will Come To You. At Least I Know It Changed My Life Completely For The Best. Go To Your Obgyn And Get Your Preg Chart Started, Also Start Taking Prenatal Pills, You Can Get Them At Any Drug Store. They Will Also Determine Your Due Date. They Should Also Have Any Classes About Childcare Available To You, If You Want.

Good Luck Hon :)

If You Ever Need To Talk Im Here For Ya

Merry Blessings

3. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I am very happy for both of you.Do not worry everything works out the way it should.Big hugs to the three of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Good luck! I know you're going to be so happy. I was scared as shit when I got pregnant. I was seventeen and his father and I already disliked each other and hadn't talked in a few weeks. So....that sucked. Still does. But we're better than him. :)

Anyway, having a baby is the greatest thing that could happen to a gal. My Noah makes me so happy and I can't imagine being without him.

Best of luck! Start buying books. My faves were The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy and So That's What They're For!(breastfeeding).

5. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

congrats! I remeber feeling scared. Anyway, Hi, I'm Eryn and I have two little boys...Croix and Noah. I'm always willing to talk if you'd like. Enjoy your pregnancy it is such a peaceful beautiful fun time and you won't have that kind of peace again for the next 18 years lol. Take things as they come. School can be done with childern and while pregnant. I had to finish high school with one and pregnant. Its hard but it can be done! Give me a IM sometime!

Peace,
    Eryn

6. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

You can definitely still go to school. You can go this fall semester, take the spring off, and make up the spring during the summer. Many schools offer online courses now, so you wouldn't even have to leave home! That is what I'm doing. My baby was born Jan. (last year), I went back to school the summer semester, fall, and I just finished this spring. I only had to be at school from 8-10. It is totally doable. You will awesome. I was your age when I was preggie for the first time. It is so scary, but wonderful. I was worried about money, too, but I sucked it up and got assistance. medicaid, WIC, and food stamps. The food stamps is what helps the most. We are on one income right now because I'm in school, so we get like $300/month. Womyn tend to realize how strong they really are when they become pregnant.

We are all here for you! Good luck and congrats!!

7. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

I feel a lot better now, after giving it a lot of thought at work today and coming home to read all your posts. I have a great deal of confidence in myself, and I know I could do a great job as a mother. Ive always wanted children, and I love little kids. I work at a childrens educational toy store and have taken classes in high school about pregnancy and raising children. Scotts mom is a doula. She was a midwife a few years back. Shes going to be so excited! And that makes me excited.

See, Im afraid when I tell my mom, she'll flip! But in the end I know she will be so happy! I just dont think I could handle the bad vibes. Especially my step-mom. She makes me feel like a total fuck up sometimes. I can just see the look on her face and hear the thoughts in her head. Roll of the eyes and a big sigh. "Well, that doesnt surprise me. 19 and pregnant. End of her life." She'll think. And my dad...whoa boy. Actually, hed probably be the only person happy at first.

So thanks bunches everyone!! I really really REALLY appreciate it all.

Peace,
    Jessica

PS: If any are interested Scotts mom has a website. www.pattiramos.com

8. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Congratulations! How wonderful for you that you have a doula availible!

Life is not over, it's just beginning! Take good care of yourself and enjoy this passage of your life.

Blessings and Bliss~

9. Fizzyliftingdrink

Fizzyliftingdrink Member

Congratulations!
    I've never been pregnant, but I'm sure envious of you!
    I just read a book called Spiritual Midwifery, you should read it! I think that everyone who is pregnant or even thinking about being pregnant someday should read it!
    Keep us posted on everything, I'm excited for you.

10. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

Hey girlie! My tummy never hurt when I was preg but everytime I burped it tasted like popcorn. I was 15 when I got preg. with my little girl, wasnt planned but probly saved my life. I was headin down a road to being a homeless street punk fast. Anywhoo Good luck with the baby and everything will work out, I still don't have much money to my name but everything I make goes to my babies, I have a little boy now too and I love both kiddies to death. If you ever need any help or advice there are a lot of mommies on here so you can always turn to us :) got any names picked out yet?????????????????

11. Hippie_Muncher

Hippie_Muncher Member

Congradulations!

This will be one of the best(yet horrible) times of your life (I say horrible because your hormones will be all funky and you might get morning sickness*I lost 20lbs because of it*)But you end up with the most BEAUTIFUL thing in the whole wide world! I went through it twice and would never do anything differently with either of them! I hope you enjoy your new role in life! It will bring you alot of trials and tribulations you will be the at your happiest ever!

Jenn

12. Harvest*mama

Harvest*mama Member

Hey there congrats :)
    hope you have wonderful pregnancy and healthy birth. I just wanted to second the Spiritual Midwifery book its awesome!!! such beautiful stories and nice pics, check it out at the library for free~

Valerie

13. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

Congrats! it is scary but manageable and well worth it. im 24 and have two kids i found out i was pregeant at 18 with my lovely daughter Raven.i cant image my life without my children. Everything happens for a reason i believe. I get gifts from my kid.you can Yahoo me anytime... or we dont live far from each we could kit it sometime. i got baby books:p ...peace girlie
    Crystal

14. TheFriendlyStranger

TheFriendlyStranger Maniac Mull Mite

Pregnant hey, my wife has been trying to do that for about 5 months now with no luck. She gets envious of pregnant women and really wants a baby. Although you might be missing out on stuff, think of all that you will gain and you will realise the opportunity cost is small.

Best of Luck.

15. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

SexyDreads, I can't give you any advice about being a parent, but it seems like you're quite excited and ready for the challenge. We all face challenges in lifes, and we learn about our while facing those challenges. Hopefully, becoming a mother will be great experience for you.

I wish you the best.

16. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

:p YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

17. MySwt1

MySwt1 Member

"See, Im afraid when I tell my mom, she'll flip! But in the end I know she will be so happy! I just dont think I could handle the bad vibes. Especially my step-mom. She makes me feel like a total fuck up sometimes. I can just see the look on her face and hear the thoughts in her head. Roll of the eyes and a big sigh. "Well, that doesnt surprise me. 19 and pregnant. End of her life." She'll think. And my dad...whoa boy. Actually, hed probably be the only person happy at first."

i know exactly how you feel...i was 22 when we got pregnant...it was hard telling my family even though i was married and everything(my fam are very right winged) my mom was prett cool after the first initial shock, then she got excited about being a grandma, my grandparents however gave the whole " you should be finacially set, and you're too young, etc speech" but now that cassidy is here she is the love of their life!! my grandfather who was having really bad heart problems is like a spring chicken now, its Cassidy this and Cassidy that, anytime he has the chance, it's bragging time...he can't go a couple days without being able to see her...so, i think in time, and especially when the baby comes, their minds will change alot...a little baby can melt the hardest person sometimes! anyway, i wish you much luck!! oh, and when the baby starts moving around alot, let them feel, i know they'll love it! it was the best part of my pregnancy! many hugs and warm vibes to you mama!!

~§~ Peace ~§~

18. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I'm sure your mom will be cool. I was 3 months preggie before I told my mom the first time--your age---and it was in the middle of a huge fight! A few hours later, she came to my house, and was scared for me, but happy too. It'll be fine. And for your step-mom, if she's gonna criticize you, just tell her you don't need any stress and if she can't be supportive, then she shouldn't say anything.

19. alycebgray

alycebgray Member

Roll of the eyes and a big sigh. "Well, that doesnt surprise me. 19 and pregnant. End of her life."

I got pregnant with my son when I was almost 19. I didn't tell my parents until I was about 3 months into it, and they told me to have an abortion, because I would "ruin my life." That really hurt my feelings, because I felt like Max (who was then just a fetus) was a kind of fate, and I figured that if I was responsible enough to conceive him, I was responsible enough to be his mommy. So I was mad at my parents for a while, and they were really sad for me, but about a year after Max was born, my father admitted to me that neither he nor my mother, "Could imagine life without Max, because he's such a wonderful child." Max IS a wonderful child.

...And I haven't ruined my life. Max's dad and I got married for the sake of taxes and other legal issues (such as if something happens to me, there will be no questions about custody), and we're really happy & proud of our family. There were some rough times at the beginning, because it seemed like we were carefree kids one day and needed to be responsible adults the next, and while we leaned on each other for support, we also sometimes took our stress out on each other. But all that's behind us now, and I couldn't imagine a man I'd rather be married to. I'm still in school, and although it's tiring, it's totally worth it. I appreciate it a lot more than I did before, because being in class is like a vacation. I don't need eyes in the back of my head to take notes!

My son is the most wonderful thing in the world, and I feel blessed to be his mommy. I'm so happy with the life that his existence has given me. Before he was born, I would constantly sit and wonder what the meaning of life was, and wonder why I was even here. Now I understand, and I'm happier than I can ever remember being before. I go to bed every night feeling fulfilled and satisfied. There's no aching longing for something I can't name, and no sense of emptiness pervading even the happiest of moments. Raising my son was the best choice I ever made, although I recognize that it's not the best choice for everyone. I just feel blessed that everything worked out the way it did.

Don't worry; your parents will get over it. They love you, and they'll love your kid, too. Parents are like that.

--alyce

20. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I was 17...Noah totally saved my life. Sometimes I wonder what I would have done with my life if I never had him....and I know that I'm so much better off being a mom to the most perfect little boy in the world than I would be doing whatever kids my age are doing right now. :D