I'm new too!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by sharon, Jan 28, 2005.

1. sharon

sharon Member

Hi everbody
    Been checking out this forum for the past couple of weeks - lots of interesting conversations happening.
    I'm living in Ireland with my boyfriend and our dog. We live in a small house by the sea. He works as a graphic designer/photographer and I work as a writer based at home. I'm at home in front of the computer most days and was beginning to lose my mind before I discovered online forums. Now whenever I lose inspiration/the plot, I simply log on and try to find some new thoughts/ideas/people online.
    I'd love to hear from new people. Basically this is a cry for help from a young girl in a small cottage by the sea on the west coast of Ireland - at least it sounds romantic!
    To give you more of an idea about me, I also love reading, music, travelling, cooking, and dancing

2. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

Ooooooh, a cottage by the sea on the coast of Ireland! That does sound romantic.

What type of music do you like? What's your favorite book? Welcome aboard, you're sure to find some like minded folks.

Oh yeah, and nice Gandhi quote :)

humandraydel

3. Earthwalker

Earthwalker Member

Hello and welcome to the forums. Peace.

4. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

Hullo out there, hope you have fun here, welcome to hip forums...

5. redresonant

redresonant Member

hi welcome if you want to see some cool art go to www.larrycarlson.com and turnup the sound....welcome peter

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

WeLcOmE 2 tHe FoRuMs!

7. redie*

redie* Member

welcome to the forums!

8. sharon

sharon Member

Thanks for all the welcomes!

As for the music and books, my taste is really wide-ranging. Here's a short list: The Flaming Lips, Tom Waits, Muse, Beatles, Miles Davis and John Coltrane, Cathy Davey, Franz Ferdinand, Stina Nordenstam, Keith Jarrett, Nick Drake, Belle and Sebestian, Alphastates, Nirvana, Air, Massive Attack...
    Books: Fiction I like Alice Munro and Raymond Carver for short stories, I've just read Maus by Art Spiegelman - a graphic novel, my first and I'm really impressed, Milan Kundera, Salman Rushdie, William Faulkner - it all sounds really high brow but I also like Harry Potter and the Northern LIghts trilogy!
    I also read politics, sociology and biographies - I'm a journalist and I need to keep my research up to date!