i'm lonely

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by dylanzeppelin, May 21, 2004.

1. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

i feel like in the end of everything that i have, friends, family, etc. i'm by myself. i have nothing, nobody and it sucks. i usually just get high to avoid this fact, but its now thinking about it, just makes me depressed. i just wish i could get away from everything and just start over..

2. _DeLiA_

_DeLiA_ Member

i know that feeling all too well, but someday it will get better, life cant suck forever.

3. kier

kier I R Baboon

change it

everyone has some sort of controll over their life, and you have more controll of your own than many on this world. i have felt lonely before, but there are good people out there...find them!

let people get close to you...sometimes even if you have friends they're not close because you don't let them be. i'm sure the feeling will pass, and you'll find someone :)

4. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

If it's any comfort, I have feelings of loneliness from time to time. I think we all have them.

5. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

You have me now too :)

6. Spinner

Spinner Member

We could be lonely together.
    :D

7. jamestowne

jamestowne Member

Make peace with it and learn to be alone without being lonely. All my friends live in different states and I spend more of my time alone than I really care to (the people I work with don't really count as their awful company). I'm tryin to learn to be alone and not be lonely and it's damn tough. I think that it is necessary to learn to be at peace when you are alone. You are born alone and when you die you do it alone, no matter who is with you or if others die with you. The key is to realize that you ARE alone, always, even with a wife and kids, you will spend time alone and I think it is important to be able to spend large amounts of time alone. I agree that you should think about changing the scene and finding good true friends. But you also may want to consider spending no less than 2 or 3 three days alone in the woods. If you're not too far from MD I think a few folks from the forums are gonna try to meet up maybe near Baltimore in the near future. Might be a good way to get outta town for a bit. hope things get less lonely for ya!

8. peaceful420

peaceful420 Member

I've felt like that on and off for years. I know exactly how you feel. You've gotta find something to do w/yourself that gets your mind away from everything shitty. It's hard, but you've just gotta force yourself to do that. Life does suck, but life is what you make it, you know? (I would've never said that six months ago. I surprise even myself.)

9. CrimethINC

CrimethINC Member

Hey sugga, yea i know the feeling all to well. A few months ago i got really sick and was in the hospital with a collapsed lung, pneumonia, n pleurisy, n was out of commission for 2 months...well anyway the girl who i considered my sister for 5yrs, suddenly stopped calling me, started fucking a guy i had dated, and trashing me behind my back, all this why i was near dying in a hospital bed...so because of her, and this other chick, who was like my other best friend, i couldnt hang out with any of my other friends, so yes, i was alone.and all that stuff. i spent a long time being depressed, and angry, but then realized, that i was glad it all happend, that i would rather be alone than with a person like that. Ive always been a selfless, caring, genuine person, and because of that, people, mostly females, have taken advantage. SO after her, i was forced with the fact of either hanging out with the other people in this neighborhood who i couldnt stand b/c of their catty, unreal ideas of what a friend is, or be alone for a while and wait for better things. So, after many saturday nights stuck inside my house with my trusty spiral notebook, and my 6string, i realized that i even tho yes, i was alone, i was far from lonely. and bettr things did come alone. sure, i dont have that sister thing now, which i miss a hell of alot, but when it all comes down to it, i look back and realize that b/c i was always doing for her, i never saw she wasnt doing anything for me, that she didnt respect a thing about me. And well, people like that, the many assholes that occupy this world, arent worth it. i still cry sometimes, b/c yea it does hurt when you think that nobody could care less about you, but its not true, no matter what someone always does, u dont even realize how you could have touched someone just by speaking to them once, and that is a comfort. So babes, dont feel lonely, or alone, know in ur heart ur a beautiful spirit, and that right there, u have over all the assholes who have made u feel lonely. also, i live in philly, manayunk, i kno where glenside is...i think thats where it said u lived...my ex b/f used to live in oreland, im like 10/15 min away from ya.;)

10. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

thank you for your story, really gave me inspiration. although i dont feel as alone as i did when i wrote that, it's good to know i'm not the only one who feels that way. i'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. i do not live in glenside, but rather norwood which is in delaware county, south of philadelphia, so it's not that bad. =)

11. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

dylan, i know EXACTLY how you feel. i have alot of family, and quite a few friends who care about me, but i still feel lonely. i want someone to love. in that way. i'm really lonely. :(

12. ekoostikhookahchick

ekoostikhookahchick Member

wow this thread fits me perfect and helps me out quite a bit!
    i've been on this search not really physicly but mentally...just wanting and waiting for that right guy to come along! but he hasn't....im not doubting he never will because i still have hope he's out their somewhere and i will run acrossed him! but i just get down and depressed because i am lonely...no matter what i do go out and have fun i come home and im still missing a piece of fun and love in my life! but i guess im still young and have the rest of my life to find that "somebody!"...but man why won't he come now!hehe!
    thanks for the thread help!!! have a groovy day everyone