i'm learning to crochet!

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by sarahstar, Jun 2, 2004.

1. sarahstar

sarahstar Member

lol and i'm so freakin excited about it it's ridiculous. some of you may understand, others will think i'm nuts lol but this has been something i've been trying to learn forever, and i'm doing it. now, i don't have a finished product yet, but it's getting there ~ i'm making a tam right now out of some earthy rainbow yarn :) no color changes yet, that's a little too advanced.

i found a website with some really good instructions.. i printed them out without the website address but i will see if i can find it again, i think someone here was looking for some? maybe not... if you were let me know and i'll post them.

2. plainjanepatchwork

plainjanepatchwork Member

If you find them post them. I can knit but crochet is so hard for me. I have a friend that tries to show me but as soon as she leaves the room I forget everything she taught me. I can't wait to see what you made!

ericka

3. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I can make a big long crotcheted string, but I can't make it into anything. One time I made one that went around my house three times! But then I had to abandon it, because I didn't know what to do with it. :(

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

changing colours isnt too hard to do. you can just tie on your new colour and keep on crocheting. or if you dont want a bump from the knot, you just pick up the new colour when you're making a new stitch and keep on cruising. make sure you leave long ends and when you're done the project, you can either use a crochet hook or a big needle to sew the ends in so that you cant see them. it's kindof time consuming to weave in the ends, that's the only hard part about changing colours.

yay crocheting!

oh, i almost forgot, there's a yahoo group for hippie crocheting.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hippie_crochet/

link up the url for your tam too! :) i want to make a floppy hat sometime.

5. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

I heart crocheting! However the only things I can make are afghans and scarves... I love it though. :)

6. Acorn

Acorn Member

the good thing is too, theres lots of patterns for beginners.

7. Teeka

Teeka Member

I have very fond memories of learning to crochet. I was about 10 and my now deceased grandmother taught me how on my summer visit. In the day I was fishing with my grandfather. In the evenings grandma and I would crochet. I have made several different items over the years. My favorite thing to crochet is the baby items, I also like to crochet clothes for barbie.

8. sarahstar

sarahstar Member

ha! found it!

http://www.chezcrochet.com/page0062.html

it did take me a couple tries to get it, but after i thought through it a couple times hehe it wasn't so bad. i'll post a pic when i get time to finish it. i have to finish it lol i have so many unfinished projects right now i definately don't need to add to the pile!