I'm going to wear the hijab

Discussion in 'Islam' started by Resistance isn't futile, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

But maybe Islam is a religion that builds the framework to for people to exhibit and accept types of behavior. The beliefs and writings in Islam enable obedience from the submissive, extreme radicalism in the aggressive; and that seeds the violence and oppression. All strong doctrines whether religious or not, can be twisted into ways of controlling people, but maybe Islam is just a better system for it.

Modern Islam is in fact, heavily modeled on Nazi technique. Even if there is good inherit and among Islam, this connection alone, is bound to have horrible influence on the culture and those in it.

The history and social states of these countries may make them more preempt towards Islam, just as Islam supports these systems.

2. Gangsta twosix

Gangsta twosix Member

How did you reach that conclusion?
    Okay then,explain how anything I said is "clueless",unless you yourself don't have a quarter of a clue of what you're talking about and just simply want to judge right and wrong for humanity.tell us O' wise one,what is the meaning of life and how we should live it,and which science book can I find the answers for my questions?Or is it you o' wise one who holds all the knowledge of the metaphysical and empirical?:rolleyes:

3. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

It's done
    As of this moment I'm a muslim. I literally stopped 3 women in the street and professed my faith. I'm a little occupied because of this so I'll have more to write on the subject tomorrow.

4. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

5. Gangsta twosix

Gangsta twosix Member

but what did you mean by Nazi techniques?Also, do you know any books on this subject,I like to read a lot?

6. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

First off, your tone is really hateful and angry; it's obvious you're too emotional to debate about this rationally. And why hate on the OP, someone who is open minded and brave enough to learn firsthand, rather than spew hate from behind their computer screen. A lot of religions can be misused to "create war, misery" and exploit suffering.

What culture or religion didn't treat women like dirt for centuries? The hijab is being worn to represent a cultural tradition. We all come from somewhere.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

America fuck yeah.. The Western ways of thought … [have] an enmity toward all religion, and in particular with greater hostility toward Islam. This enmity toward Islam is especially pronounced and many times is the result of a well-thought-out scheme the object of which is first to shake the foundations of Islamic beliefs and then gradually to demolish the structure of Muslim society..

8. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

Well it's almost midnight and what an emotional but wonderful day I had.

My decision to become a muslim was a long time in coming. For what it's worth, I never once went looking for it.

At some point in my life I learned to love this world and all of creation with all my soul. Everthing has beauty, including the misquito that stings and even the alcoholic beggar passed out infront of the tube station. But unfortunately I also see the increasing destruction of creation and the perversion of humanity by sick men of greed that are incable of loving themselves. (Greed is the greatest symptom of self-loathing.)

Everywhere I looked I hoped that there was some way I could make a difference. Sadly I found no one wanting to listen and that my even my greatest efforts to be responsible and clean up this mess amounted to less than the proverbial raindrop in the ocean. I started to fantasize about some super hero that could come and set everything right.

I guess that's when God decided to pay attention to me.
    I was an atheist and a pretty militant one too. I solved a simple logic problem and that was when there is great despair not having hope is both illogical and inhumain. And the source of hope comes from the knowledge that there is a greater force that can do something. That force is invariably defined as God. Therefore if there is hope there must be God.....

I suddenly stopped being an atheist.
    I had seen what being controlled and manipulated by sick men was like and I knew that was wrong. I also understood that I now knew better that if I continued to allow myself to be manipulated perverse people... That I would be just as twisted as they are. Therefore I could never again allow myself to submit to their exploitations. And the best way not to submit to them was to serve the greater good.

The name of that greater good became clear last night... it's called Islam.
    (Islam means submission to the will of God.)

It took 4 years to come to this understand but just over 24hrs to accomplish the conversion. I made my decision last night to profess my faith and first said the Shahadah to myself in a mirror. Then later from the window of my flat I literally saw 3 young women wearing the hijab and I ran out to stop them.

I must have appeared to be a real nutter. Because I honestly just said excuse me can I bother you for a moment and then barked out the profession of faith. Two of them hugged me on the spot but the third was confused.

From that I've had several ladies visit me for tea and I've been gifted with a hijab. And tomorrow they're going to bring me around to others to help me learn more.

I'll keep you lot posted.

9. GBBlondie

GBBlondie Banned

10. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Geeze. And you have to use a blade? Waxing ain't good enough?
    Man, that's up there with hair-shirts and cilice as self-torture.

:hide:

11. GBBlondie

GBBlondie Banned

Right? I hope she has a steady hand, and knows how to sharpen a razor.

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

Thus you shall do to them to cleanse them: Sprinkle water of purification on them, and let them shave all their body, and let them wash their clothes, and so make themselves clean" (Numbers 8:7)..

let them shave all their flesh; the hair of their bodies, in all parts thereof; even the beard, as Aben Ezra notes, some say; yet not the corners of it; but the whole hair of the body, everywhere, was to be shaved off; to denote the most perfect purity, and a removal of all superfluity of haughtiness and excrescences of the flesh from them: so the Egyptian priests used to shave their whole body every third day, lest there should be anything filthy in those that served the gods (p)

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

so its okay to shave your pubic hair for purely cosmetic and sexual reasons but when required for religious purposes its suddenly a bad thing?

I'm really just playing the devils advocate here tbh, i dont think i care much about pubic hair one way or the other

14. GBBlondie

GBBlondie Banned

You're not familiar with "her" history. She's always babbling on about her "natural bush" in other threads, and that those of who do trim/shave/wax were defective somehow. And now that she's allegedly converted to Islam, she's gonna have to start shaving that right off. :)

15. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

No no. You misunderstand. Perhaps you've never shaven before or have hardier skin than I, but using a razor down there can create all sorts of irritation. It was humour.

16. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Don't forget the female circumcision :2thumbsup:

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

ah, gotcha....if she's never shaved before that shit will be super itchy!

As much as I've defended Islam in this thread, I'm generally suspicious when hardcore atheists all of a sudden find God. Just seems weird to me.

18. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

bridge..

under..

19. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

Did you just call science a philosophy? Wtf! Dude welcome to the world. I don't mean to disrespect someone's faith I think religion can be a beautiful thing if done right sometimes, but that sure as Hell does not make religion and science at all the same thing. I'm studying for my bio midterm right now and it's a Hell of alot more difficult to understand than some magic man just deciding shit into being. :devil:

20. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

Strange...I have travelled extensively in Asian countries and lived in one - I saw the 'Nazi' salute all the time. Could it possibly be that you see it in only one facet, perhaps as a result of your culture and upbringing??