I'm going to Bangkok for the first time

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by 121, Apr 30, 2010.

1. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

Let's hope those riots and violent protests have ceased by then...

2. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

The people are what is great in Thailand. Wonderful warm people.

You will have a blast!:D

3. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

Bangkok is a lot of fun. However, at present it is a bit touch and go, as a great many of the redshirts are armed, and a few tourists have been unlucky and got caught in the crossfire. I agree that 3-4 days in Bangkok is enough, the country has a lot more to offer.

I live on one of the islands, and if not for the Internet and people occasionally talking about it, I would not have a clue there was anything amiss in the country. I'm sure it's similar in places like Isan and Chiang Mai. The islands are beautiful, and June is high season here in the Gulf, but the "real" Thailand is over where redyelruc lives. The people there are warm and kind like you would not believe, here they are corrupted by tourism and very jaded with westerners.

No matter what you do, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Pretty much everyone who comes here really likes it.

As for beer, it's all about Chang and Leo. Chang especially is very potent but may lead to the infamous "Changover." Enjoy!

4. vietnam travel

vietnam travel Member

Cheers,

I wish I have time to visit Thailand. Maybe, several years later. What is the most attraction in this country?

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

6. kasi

kasi Member

Its goo that you are going first time to Bangkok in his early age and i think sex is not everything in tour specially tour of Thailand i was gone last year and i feel much comfortable during the Thailand tour..