I'm going to Bangkok for the first time

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by 121, Apr 30, 2010.

1. 121

121 Senior Member

for a week or two in June. Why? I just want to gorge myself on the local Thai cuisine and chill out. I'm not going to invite anyone I know either. I have a buddy I went to uni with that is Thai and he asked me to hook up with him if I decided to visit his country. Hes well off and wanted to show me the ropes. I'll probably see him on my next visit. I'm just going to pack, book and fly out.

I have no idea what to expect but I plan to just eat, chat and drink loads of cold beer. I'm easily entertained. Next stop is Italy in July :D

2. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

The first time I went travelling was on my own. I like it, you get to meet so many more people. It's a great experience.

Although, let's hope Bangkok is a little safer by then!

3. 121

121 Senior Member

Where did you go alone TipsyGypsy?

I have alot of time to fly out around every four weeks now so I'll have to go alone most of the time. I'm just going to choose anywhere that has great food and beer.

4. sidneyisinlove

sidneyisinlove Member

Watch out for the for the ladyboys, you can't tell the difference, some of them are beautiful, we spent two weeks in Thailand a few years ago, in Thai they call them "Katoys' im sure i spelled that wrong..

Love
    sidney

5. psychedelicg1rl

psychedelicg1rl Member

Have fun!! sounds like an fun trip!!

6. 121

121 Senior Member

Thanks Sidneyisinlove,

I won't have to worry about Katoys though. I'm not going away each month for sex. I don't agree with prostitution anyway. I find it truely disgusting! I just want to sample the food, beer and culture wherever I decide to visit. I really like my food :D

7. sidneyisinlove

sidneyisinlove Member

OOo the beer is very strong, spelling again, there's Amerit, and Singhi..

Love
    sidney

8. 121

121 Senior Member

It will be! My friends think I'm insane for deciding to travel this much. I'll actually need to visit Bali before Italy as I need to meet a key business partner regarding exports there.

Its a real challenge as I have to run my business AND be away 1/4 of the year. At this stage I would not have it any other way.

9. psychedelicg1rl

psychedelicg1rl Member

I dont think you are crazy. Going to another country is high on list of things to do when My kids get older. If it is one of your dreams, adn you are smart about it, I dont see what the problem is. ( my mom has gone to africa 4 times, and every time people tell her she is crazy but she loves it and helps people out there). I think having adventures makes you who you are, and you learn something new every time. GO FOR IT!!

10. 121

121 Senior Member

Well I'm a gambling man. If the odds are really good then I'll play them. I'm 33 and have nothng to lose atm... well except my business ventures. Its kind of a conundrum really, hence my username :rolleyes:

I haven't had a solid relationship for years! Just really nice flings. If I eventually settle down I'll do the kids thing. TBH I think I'm just good for flings. Fuck it. You can't take anything with you in the end.

I'm forever biting off more than I can chew. Women like stabilitiy :D

11. wetsocks

wetsocks there's no one driving

so you've never banged cock before? what made you change your mind?

12. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

Some things to do in Bangkok that are a little off the tourist trail:

1. Go to 'Channel 7'(Chon Jet See) TV studios on Sunday at midday to watch free live Muay Thai of a very high level that is televised nationwide.
    2. Go to the Museum of Forensic Medicine
    3. Go to the Silom/Siam Square shopping area to see the riot police and army shooting at the redshirt demonstrators.
    4. If you want to go out to a bar with live music for Thais and not for the farang tourists get over to Ekachai. It's an area famous for trendy bars.

13. sidneyisinlove

sidneyisinlove Member

Or the live sex shows they have in every other bar...

Love
    sidney

14. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. sidneyisinlove

sidneyisinlove Member

i was there i know..

Love
    sidney

16. lode

lode Banned

He's not denying that there aren't a lot of live sex shows in Bangkok. I believe he was sighing about sex tourism being the predominant western image of a beautiful country.

17. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

Bangkok is awesome and there is a lot to see. Many absolutely beautiful temples and other cultural relics, if you are into that.

I was so excited to explore the city I would often awake at 7 am and usually would not quit until 8-10 pm! Non stop tour of the city and its many sights.

However, if you go to Thailand for two weeks, I would highly recommend some stops in other areas of the country, outside the city. I liked Bangkok, but 3-4 days was enough for me. After, countryside was needed. And that is where you truly get to know the country! (I did not even bother going to Phuket or Pataya as those types of places don't interest me).

18. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

Believe it or not, some of us actually like to go to a new place for the culture and history.

19. sidneyisinlove

sidneyisinlove Member

Yea thats what we went for, Bangkok, was just like most other big cities to me, but once we got out and about it's a lovely country and full of very nice people..

Love
    sidney

20. 121

121 Senior Member

This has really thrown a spanner in the works. TBH I always 'imagined' Thailand to be a peaceful place with great people, food and weather.

Is it a war zone now?

I've heard that its becoming westerised with 7/11's on every corner. I just wanted to chill out in the 'real' Thailand with Thasi people. I just want to eat good food and drink cold beer. Theres over 50,000 Brits living in Bangkok atm that are apparently in danger right now (according to some UK journalists).

I'm subconsciously planning on emigrating around those parts for good.

What are your thoughts Redyelruc?