I'M FUCKING OUTRAGED!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by phil1965, Mar 30, 2020.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i haven't seen the story other than what you put in your original post, but at least the way you described it above i don't really see as telling them to volunteer. it's just offering them an opportunity to continue working. most non-essential workers didn't even get that option; they were just told to go home and apply for unemployment. which at least here in the states was promised to be available with relaxed standards to everyone who needs it during this, until people actually started applying for it and now every person i know who applied has been rejected. i bet most of those people wish their business had offered to pay them to do something different instead.

also, as someone who works with a lot of volunteers, i also wish people would just volunteer out of the goodness of their heart. but in real life if you don't coerce people to volunteer you just don't get volunteer help.

Orison likes this.
  2. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

That's what I like about you Vanilla.
    You always get straight to the point and talk common sense.
    Plus you are excellent at predicting the future! :grinning:

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

There is a chance this one might just mutate itself out of existence though

..... also a chance it comes back twice as deadly ;)

4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Fingers crossed!

I'm (half) joking.

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Why stop there?

The Hospitals were named after the 19th century British Nurse and reformer Florence Nightingale, Nicknamed the Lady with the Lamp, because she would tend to British Soldiers at night during the Crimean War (1853-1856)

Nursing was considered little better than prostitution during the mid-nineteenth century, and unpublished letters from some her contemporaries describe her as just that, a women offering sexual favors under the cloak of darkness for a small fee.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Isn't it likely the majority of kids will have antibodies by then.

Remains to be seen.

Btw: He also trivializes the 1,5 meter distance safety measure and has been arguing for sacrificing old buggers like you for the good of the majority and economy.

7. I remember a time when all caps was all we had on computers and we were damned glad to have them. Especially those of us who had been programming in octal or hexadecimal.

I don't know where the idea arose that all caps is "yelling", but it seems rather petty. I wonder what will be said of me if I decide to start writing in all italics!

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh, I have, have I?

Show me where? What the world just did is going to mean more dead boomers in the years to come than bat virus would have ever killed...including if it comes back twice as angry next winter and no one has any money left

WritersPanic likes this.
  9. Asmodean

In your own virus thread. You really want to deny that now? Pathetic... To specify: it was about the 2 meter safety measure and you plain clear and really said it doesn't work.

Own your shit, please.

About the old folks, you really said why bother saving them at risk of everything else, when a lot of them have like max. 2 years to live anyway. You argued for no lockdown, just thoroughly isolating every old person for months..

10. WhatJustHappened

WhatJustHappened Members

Armageddon askew.

WritersPanic likes this.
  11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Means you are speaking Italian... Obviously

WritersPanic likes this.
  12. Varmint

Varmint Member

Another way of stating that, and the reason for the "bitching", as I understand it is:

"...one business is offering their employees an opportunity to risk infection repeatedly by working in a critical role...."

phil1965 likes this.
  13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

because i just did a quick google search and didn't see the part about the happy endings.

but they're not making anyone do it, just giving them the option. still seems way better than everyone who has no choice but to sit home and go bankrupt.

14. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Members

Who is this "Jan"? And is she single?

15. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

That is not quite true.
    Volunteers without medical qualifications are not going to be given a white coat and a stethoscope.
    They will be working in areas dealing with the everyday running of the buildings, which represent around 50% of the staff in any hospital.
    These can range from general admin, patient records, preparing food, ordering supplies for all departments (including the food), pharmacy assistants, electrical maintenance, heating & ventilating, cleaning, running laundry,.........The list is endless and people will be put into positions that reflect their skills.
    The system will be run, as in all infectious disease units, so that these people will have no patient contact.

I am not trying to be rude to anyone, but many people posting on forums such as this, often have no experience in the field that they commenting on.

ZenKarma, GLENGLEN and Boozercruiser like this.
  16. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

I have never thought you are rude to anyone wilsjayne.
    Please leave that to me! :laughing:

Yours is very good and interesting post which I very much agree with.

wilsjane likes this.
  17. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I have never noticed you being rude to anyone in a way that is personally insulting.
    The general respect between members is probably what has kept me on this site. :yum:
    I am sure that a few people have been banned, simply because they were stupid enough to post when they were blind drunk. Having worked with a guy who wanted to take on the world after a few drinks and was then like a little mouse the following morning, I can spot it a mile off. :yum::yum:

Asmodean and Sierra like this.
  18. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

All sounds sensible to me.
    The mentality of "EVERY HUMAN MUSE LIVE" only makes sense in a world not over populated. Although I don't actually want the lockdown to end because I like the evidence of cleaner air etc. But if I didn't like those aspects.. Yes, this whole extreme measure seems insane to me. We grow old, we die. That's life.

19. Asmodean

Yes, but putting it as if every over 70 has only 2 years to live in average or bad health is an absurd fallacy. It's a misleading argument for continuing most of society and isolate the shit out of any old or weak folks for a longer period than we have to.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Jan Levinson