I'm done with Weed forever.

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by digitalldj, Jan 2, 2005.

1. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

The longest i've ever quit for was 2 and a half months and that was just like a month and a half ago. i quit because i was fucking up my dad and i's relationship and stuff...but i couldn't hang out with those friends anymore. and i didn't like my new friends. so i started again and am hitting it harder than ever, like 1/8 every day or two...i dunno what's goin on but i never used to smoke this much. maybe it has something to do with quitting, but actually quitting wasn't that hard. i just kinda got bored not smoking pot and wasn't really as happy, so i called my old friends up.

2. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

Lodui, was your conclusion on metabolites making your blood less efficient a personal conclusion or did you read it somewhere?

ive been smokin every day for over three months now, and i havnt coughed more than usual myself.

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Not blood less efficient... exercise, it been known for like 20 years... canabiniod metabolites stay in your body for a few weeeks... thats why its detectible in drug tests for several weeks

These metabolites have been linked to decreased arobic efficiency.

I'm to lasy to find some proof right now, but this is pretty well know, try googling it.

4. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yeh the reason that theory says exersise is less efficient is because metabolites would waste space in your blood, making it less efficient, subsequently making exercise less efficient.

but im not convinced that the amount of metabolites caused by smoking weed is going to noticeably make excersise innefficient for a normal person.

5. stonerman420

stonerman420 Member

its good to take breaks every once in awhile....just so that you keep yourself from getting TO dependent on it. usually whenever im totally strapped for cash is when my breaks happen (for me being broke lasts awhile before i get anymore money) but ya...everyone should take little breaks just so you stay healthy...because reamember to much of any one thing isnt good.

6. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yeh but where is the line of 'too much'? a line drawn by health, by sanity, by social constructs?

7. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Well essentially THC bind to fat cells, and that makes burning them less effecient.

If your a casual smoker it might not make much of a difference.

Depends how much ya smoke, I was smoking a couple times a day and noticed my exercise was not doing as much, and also didn't wanna exercise.

8. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yeh i see, so your saying weight loss is hindered

try excerising when stoned instead of sober? it makes a big difference when your an every day smoker.

9. CUtheRE

CUtheRE Member

i dont see the big deal with smoking constantly. and if it's so hard to quit, i thought being addicted to pot was just a myth. may just be psychological, but how easy is it for one to be addicted psychologically?

but to you digitalldj, good luck and hopefully this opens up a new chapter in your life. with what you know and with an unclouded mind, expect enlightenment.

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

you can get addicted to pot, but there arent any physical sideaffects of going cold turkey. technically, you cant get dependent on it, though that is what the result of loving weed is.

its an excuse to use though, against anti pot people hehe

and its really easy to be addicted psychologically actually, and by the very nature of a psychological addiction, it is also the sort of addiction with the lowest sucess rate of overcoming the addiction.

11. CUtheRE

CUtheRE Member

exactly. so if the man wants to quit, let the man quit. i personally found that the things i enjoyed before smoking weed haven't been as enjoyable. i'm the enhancement smoker, i loved doing anything on weed. now going to the movies sober kinda blows. but seriously, quitting is not an easy task like everyone thinks it is.

12. heartsnotfarts

heartsnotfarts Member

quittings not that easy, but can be done. my ew years resolution was just to not get caught. yeh i have a bad caught after i smoke heavily, but usually only if i use a not so good homemade bowl made out of electrical tape, foil, a socket, and a plastic pen tube. try a bong, that shoukd help with the cough to some extent.

13. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

yea i'm the same way i guess, an "enhancement smoker" but whatever, i want to get in shape, gained weight over the holidays so time to hit up the gym

14. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

i quit on august 29th and havent had any alcohol tobacco or drug related things since then. its nice to not have it on your mind, but I find now, like, just lately i want to hang with friends again and wouldnt be pissed off with myself if i smoked a bowl. i think if it becomes a thing you should quit, like half the ppl on here have alot of focus on it. BUT I think if you have a reason for quitting, it probably wont last.if you quit randomly or because you truly feel it not think it, you just realize, then it lasts

15. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I think it seems like that because it's a marijuana forum. I don't really think about weed too much except when I'm here posting about it. I mean, yeah, I'll think about it now and then thinking about if I should get high, or how much I wish I could (i usually think that when I'm at work and hating it, haha), but other than that, I have lots of other interests. I'm sure most people here do too.

16. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

yeah i don't think people constantly talk about weed 24/7... when we're getting stoned, yes. but like trippin said above me, most people have more important things to talk about...

good luck digitall, with enough will power you'll be fine.

17. modestsmoker

modestsmoker Member

try a thc patch

haha

18. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

well, i have to say, i think about smoking every other hour :p

19. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

I only think about it when im on hear, high, or planning on being high. Other then that, its never really on my mind.