I'm Bipolar And I'm Falling For A Young Lady Who Is Also Bipolar

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by matt1162, Apr 20, 2017.

1. matt1162

matt1162 Members

I'm wondering how good of a match we would be. We would both understand each other I think but then I also wonder if it would make a relationship twice as difficult. I've found that once you put a label like bipolar on someone, people treat you like you are damaged merchandise and don't want anything to do with you.This lady doesn't treat me that way and I don't treat her like that either. Is it a doomed relationship or is it one where we might both be able to strengthen each other?

1 person likes this.
  2. morrow

morrow Visitor

how will you know, if you dont give it a chance..there are relationships work, and they have less going for them that you two do..

make a set of guidlines..promise to help each other, go to group therapy..learn from each other..

a good relationship is built on give and take, not take and take...respect each other, be truthful and honest..anything can work..

good luck, and congratulations!

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Two whackos make a right. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

The fact that you have the same kind (which most people don't have) I would see as a huge plus.....go for it buddy!

5. matt1162

matt1162 Members

I've invited her over to my place to watch a movie and she said she would come but then I had a car crash and was not in the best health (I'm still not 100%) for the past 5 weeks. We're co-workers and I learned of her bipolar depression talking to her at work. The things she said just sounded like similar experiences that I've had. It felt almost like she was in my head and understood how I felt.

6. morrow

morrow Visitor

What do you have to lose? Invite her again, have fun watching films, although you will probably just talk, good luck!

7. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

It might actually be worth giving a shot. If you don't take a chance, you might regret it later. If she's bipolar, and you're bipolar, than you two can relate and understand each other much better than trying to convince someone who isn't bipolar that you aren't damaged goods. I have yet to find a partner who can relate to my problems and hang ups without scaring them away.

8. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

My new wife was diagnosed bipolar when she was in college. She attended the Berklee College of Music on a scholarship. She's now 32. I've known her for three years and she's never had a manic or depressive episode because she takes her prescribed meds. If you met her you'd never even know she is bipolar.

So my point I guess is, if you two take your meds there shouldn't really be a problem. Right? There's a ton of different meds out there nowadays and bipolar people can find the right one almost always. Not like back in the day when all you had was lithium, right?

Best of luck to you both.

9. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

You should emotionally assault her in order to drive her into a manic episode. That way, you'll be able to see how she is at her worst and tell if you could put up with it on a long-term basis.

1 person likes this.
  10. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

If she is real bipolar it will work great, manic energy is fun. Normal chicks are boring anyway.

If she is a borderline BPD just given the catch all term bipolar good luck to you, hope you survive it.

Big difference between bipolar and a personality disorder.

11. roccobkln

roccobkln Members

I would proceed with caution.