I'm begaining to see what the problem is

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Bellfire01, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

I wrote a post that asked why there weren't any other natioalities on the Bachelor and Bachelorette shows. I thought that people were avoiding the issue because I wrote it. (I was starting to get depressed because I feel like when I bring a the race subject up it gets ignored because people don't want to discuss it with me.) I read some of the other racial topics and I noticed that people respond to them and don't try to side step, change the subject, or pretend that it doesn't exsist. I kept trying to think why some people can talk about it and I can't and I came to this realization. When I look at the other posts they aren't about races but about one race and usually it's about blacks and it's meant to incite. I don't really think that people know that there are other nationalities and I don't feel that people care that much. (Not just in here or online but in general.) I guess people aren't exposed to things like I am.
    I was getting sad because I felt people weren't responding to my posts. I know now that you were, just not the way I had expected. I wanted you to either agree or disagree with my point of view, instead you showed total disinterest and that was kind of weird to me. I now understand that this is also a form of response. Though not the one I'd ever dreamed you'd use. (I hedge too when people asking me things that don't interest me or would make me take a stand when I really wanted to blend in and say the thing that didn't rock the boat.
    Well I got to rant a little and I feel better I just wish that I could find someone not afraid to tackle this subject with me. It's kind of cool when you can feel free to discuss things. ;)

2. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i agree with you. the people on here are some of the worst though for those types of things (not everyone but the majority)

3. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

4. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

haha, awww that is so cute. :)

5. the6peace8keeper

the6peace8keeper Born Again Satanist

Very well written bell, you expressed yourself very well.

Why is this so important to you? Im in a rush at the moment or id track down your thread. But I will.....feel free to pm me and discuss this at length.