Im bad at sex, what should I do?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Simon_r, Aug 21, 2013.

1. MyWORDiTtruth

MyWORDiTtruth Member

maybe you guys should just go and explore the world together and not worry about sex right now

2. Just_a_woman

Just_a_woman Member

Reading this, I thought of my husband. And I sympathize with your gf who doesn't wanna have to tell you every time what she wants. After talking about wants, giving directions and all a certain number of times, the ideal situation is that the guy picks up from there. I also sympathize with your situation, because you seem to be genuinely trying.

However, it doesn't work. You're trying hard and it isn't working.

Knowing what I know now, if I were in your shoes, I'd end the relationship. Sex is important to her and you two don't fit. Why to continue? If you had been married for years, I could understand lingering there. But only 10 months? I'd move on for both of your sakes. There are plenty of women out there who don't care for sex, with null libidos. Wouldn't it be better for you to hook up with one of those? She'd never nag about your sexual performance. If you stay with your current companion, she'll be forever unsatisfied.

Having said all that, I'd urge you to ignore opinions given on the internet by people who don't know you and don't know her and who aren't in the bedroom when you two are having sex. Such as mine. Good luck.

3. BrotherHobo

BrotherHobo Member

I once had a girlfriend that was a mid-level telephone company executive. She was kind of a bossy person anyway, and was kind of critical of my "technique" in bed. She was always talking during sex, "Do this," "Don't do it like that." I finally despaired of ever pleasing her, and, sensing that the relationship was on the ropes anyway, just kind of stopped worrying about what she wanted or didn't want. I wasn't brutal or anything, but it turned out that what she really wanted was to be tossed into bed and "taken" as though I could not care less what she wanted. It was kind of like "angry sex" every night, except I wasn't angry. She wanted me to take charge and "make" her "submit." The bizarre thing is that she became a lot more loving and affectionate in our non-sexual life and started doing things like coming to sit in my lap for a cuddle.

She loved that position where I caught her legs up with the crook of my arms, and held her wrists--maybe a little bondage play going on there. The more unable to "get away", the better she liked it. Anyway she definitely stopped the back-seat driving yakkety yak and we started trying for simultaneous orgasms.

We eventually split up over religion, of all things. She was raised Roman Catholic and wanted kids, and I wasn't inclined to marry at that point in my life. Her biological clock was ticking, so me not wanting to marry and father children was a deal-breaker.