I'm an idiot

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by telephone, Feb 4, 2009.

1. telephone

telephone weird

I just drove over 30 miles all the way to work only to realize that I forgot my shoes at home. hahahaha
    I guess that means I'll be having fun tonight instead of working. Awesome.

2. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

how could you forget to wear shoes?

3. telephone

telephone weird

haha
    I usually keep my work shoes in my car and just put them on when I get to work, but I took them out the other day for some reason. I go barefoot as much as possible.

4. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I see

I drive barefoot in the summer

but its way too fucking cold in the winter

5. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

aw, that sucks. i commute that far too, and if you forget something, it's terrible. :( i have a tendency to forget my polo i have to wear.

6. telephone

telephone weird

Yeah. One time I forgot my insulin pump (which is absolutely necessary), so I went in and told them and they told me to go home and get it and then come back.
    I was not about to do that today, especially since they've cut back my hours and I only work 5-9 most days, its just not worth it. So I just called out.

7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A friend of mine forgot his shoes on a trip to an all you can eat in Waikiki.He had some swim fins and they let him put them on and flop around in there.Looked ridiculous,but he got to eat.

8. nakedtreehugger

dude, you can go barefoot anywhere you want. i've eaten barefoot at restaurants before.

9. telephone

telephone weird

haha
    I searched my car to see if I had an extra pair of shoes, but the closest I had were some slippers. I should have gone in there with slippers and hoped nobody noticed. But I work in the kitchen and the dishroom, they would have gotten all wet and I'd just end up even sicker than I am now.

10. telephone

telephone weird

I have too. technically there are no laws stating you can't go barefoot wherever you want, but business have the right to refuse service to anyone they want for any reason they want. or something like that. it's stupid.

11. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

haha I hate that. I'm usually good with things like that, but I've been known to forget something huge when I do.

12. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I never turn people away because of bare feet, though many other managers I've worked with have. I actually try to serve them the fastest so that they get their food long before they get any flack for not having shoes. Haha. We don't have a whole lot of barefooters around here, though, so I don't have to hide people's bare feet too often. :D

When my one act play team went to regionals in Abilene when I was a senior, 3 of our friends who had already graduated tagged along behind us and somehow the scatterbrained member of the group lost his shoes somewhere along the way, so they went to Wal-Mart to buy him some sandals and they gave him shit about shopping for sandals barefoot. :rolleyes: So he had to stand in the little lobby thing and wait for another friend to go in and buy him a pair of sandals. I don't get what the big deal is.

13. telephone

telephone weird

Man huge places like wal-mart never give me any shit for being barefoot.

actually one time my flip flops were getting super old and torn up and shit so I went to Target and left them there and took some new ones.

14. Kinky Ramona

It was probably because Abilene's a stupid town full of religious hypocrites. I loved the trip, but the town sucked ass. There's two universities there, BOTH Christian schools and there is a church on EVERY STREET, I kid you not! The town is full of a bunch of stupid Jesus-y college kids and religious old farts. Stupid town.

15. nakedtreehugger

yah, i got kicked outta whole foods because they sell glass stuff that might break. :rolleyes:

and i live in a hella hippie area too. oh well. i don't understand the barefoot predjudice, but whatever.

16. Kinky Ramona

I'd go around barefoot myself and I do when I'm at home, but my town's pretty anti-shoeless people, too. I really like not wearing shoes. But only when it's warm out. Haha.

17. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i really hate shoes and socks. i hate hate hate them. unless i'm moving something super heavy. then i put on the steel toes 'cause i'm not a complete moron.

18. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i gotta admit, really dirty feet in a restaraunt is pretty freakin' awful. and flip flops don't really cut it, either, you know?

19. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

I've never seen anyone barefoot here, i don't think. Hmmm...