I'm afraid of the dark.

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by backtothelab, May 23, 2004.

1. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

I'm not scared of the dark. I'm in a dark room right now and--aaaah!!Lol. Anyways, I think my fear of the dark stems from fear of the unknown. But I've learned to cope with it. the light from my stereo in my room works just fine, I just can't sleep with my back turned in a dark room.

2. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

The dark doesnt scare me that much, its if I hear a noise in the dark while I am alone. I dont like sleeping with the closet open and probably never will, hehe dorky, tis I know.

3. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

yeah i cant figure out if im afraid of the dark or if im just afraid of what the darkness is hiding. its strange.

4. High Guy

High Guy Member

fear of the dark, fear of the dark i have a constant fear that somethings always there...

5. show_girl

show_girl Member

don't worry your not alone. i have to sleep with the tv on. i set the timer but i won't let it go off until 5 or 6 when it starts to get light. my mother tells me it's childish but im really not that old. it's nice to know that people who are older than me are dealing with the same problem.

6. lunaluvcat

lunaluvcat Member

I was afraid of the dark for years, but for some reason I'm just not anymore. My fierce cats protect me..well not really, but at least they keep me warm...

7. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

yeah dont feel bad hun...I am going to be 25 and still sometimes get scared..
    sometimes if i hear a noise, I will turn on every light in my appartment and sleep with them all on..hehe
    One time, I got this horrible prank call, scared me shitless, so I spent the night at my moms house..