Illinois... where the noise is illin!

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by Pendants4u, May 24, 2004.

1. Tye_DyeBrain

Tye_DyeBrain Member

Buffalo- I totally agree...i think it would be a really rad time!...I'm free Saturday after like 1:00 so i'd be up for a little fourm get-together!....

but also there is a meteor shower on Oct 21st...starting around 1:00am...we could camp out at the state beach.....because the Campsite is right behinde Lake Michigan..and then just chill on the beach and experience the meteor shower...burn a few
    :)

2. DedHeddy420

DedHeddy420 Guest

ooh, id totally want to get in on some camping action if its cool. ;)

3. Tye_DyeBrain

Tye_DyeBrain Member

DedHeddy- Of course its cool...Its open for anyone who wants to go!:)
    Lets make it an amazing time

4. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

Well...Saturday i am going to see groovatron.....:( i wouldn't be able to make it

5. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Hmmm forum get together by Lake Michigan. Sounds interesting.

6. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

i'm definitely in! i just camped there two weeks ago and had an awesome time. let's plan it...

as for this weekend... how about north avenue beach at the end of that huge pier? whoever wants to meet up there can... but i'm only goin if some of you promise to be there :) so, what time can you guys make it over there?

7. Tye_DyeBrain

Tye_DyeBrain Member

BuffaloS.-I was there July 17and 18 and then a week after that....it was definatley a great time..and would suggest it to anyone....i'm mean good people...good music...good vibes....good herb:)...thats all we need and i know we got it here on forums!!!!!

I hope I make it there on Saturday...my boss might be makeing me stay later on Saturday..:(..but no worries everything is groovy we'll work it out!

8. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

cool... should we schedule it later in the day? can anyone else make it? should we schedule it later in the day? could anyone make it on sunday?...

Tye_dye... yeah, I had a great time there. we were playing frisbee on the beach all night w/ my light-up frisbee. then we went back to the campsite and had a little jam session (i play the guitar, and my friend tries to play my hand drum lol). Ha, the raccoons ate almost all our food while we were gone, so we walked like a mile to the M&M machine at 4am and it was out of order, lol. I just camped at Chain of Lakes State Park last weekend too and went to the Dave concert. That was also a great time.

9. Tye_DyeBrain

Tye_DyeBrain Member

no way you camped at chain O Lakes ..thats pretty close to where i live:)..probably like 10-15min....but yeah i didnt get a chance to camp there this summer I know they have a really nice camping grounds...
    thats funny that the raccoons ate your food...when we camped out at IL state beach..they kept showing up when we were all just jammin by the fire

So how was the concert...Did Guster do a good job opening??....I heard from some friends that the Dave concert was frickin amazing....wish i could have gone

hmmm...about this weekend I really dont have a for sure time i'm getting out of work on Saturday it could be 4:00...it could be 8:00....but as for Sunday I might have to be picking up my best friend ...she is kinda stuck in North Dakatoa...so who knows....we'll see what happens

10. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

yeah, the show was awesome. both guster and dave did a great job. that's cool about this weekend. maybe we could do it some other time. ;)

does anybody else wanna set something up for either this weekend or another? i think the beach would be a good place to have a little session. even the beach by navy pier is cool. then we could all go walk around navy pier all stoned, lol... anybody else up for setting up a weekend camping trip? that meteor shower date sounds like it'd be awesome.

11. DedHeddy420

DedHeddy420 Guest

i unfortunately cant make the saturday meet up, i gotta work all day. but im for sure getting in on the camping trip. so keep me posted [​IMG]

12. drtis77

drtis77 Member

The 2nd Annual TOCO Music and Peace festival is just around the
    corner. We would like to give visual artists a chance to showcase and
    sell their original art, as well as demonstrate a specific craft.

What: TOCO Music and Peace Festival. 24 hours of music, art, food,
    camping, golf, and peace.

Where: Twin Oaks Golf Course
    Greenville, IL

When: September 11-12, 2004

Why: To benefit Womens Violence Prevention and provide a community of
    creativity.

*Artist spaces and demonstrations are limited, so inquire today.*

For more info: Contact Molly Hayden
    focused_26@y...

13. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

Anyone going to be going to the HIPPY HILL HOODANG! It's happening August 27, 28, & 29

It's 75 dollars for 3 nights and 30 dollars for 1 night

Some of the bands that will be there are
    karl denson
    umphrey's mcgee
    the zen tricksters
    and my favorite
    GROOVATRON

Check it out at
    http://hippyhillhoodang.com

14. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

Starting soon, it's gonna be tough for me to plan weekend trips, cause I have football games on Sunday... that sucks. Usually we have one week where we don't have a game. Whenever I see our schedule, I'm probably gonna plan a camping trip for that weekend. Hopefully it'll correspond w/ your schedules...

15. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

woah, im like half an hour away from palatine

16. FloydFollower5

FloydFollower5 Member

hmm, you guys are sure in home territory, i live in north burbs around lake forest, high wood, highland park, deerfield, waukeegan-ish
    didn't know fellow hip's are close by

u guys smoke herb?

17. WynterFrost

WynterFrost Short Bus Rider

i live in beardstown ......by j-ville and springfield lol

18. crypticnight

crypticnight Member

Chicago is where I dwell though Pennsylvania is where I walk.

19. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

yes.

:D

20. FloydFollower5

FloydFollower5 Member

cool, dude anyone want to get together for a toke anytime in the chicago land area, feel free to write
    -respect the herb
    -spread the herb..is what i was taught to do.