Illinois... where the noise is illin!

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by Pendants4u, May 24, 2004.

1. dreamergirl

dreamergirl Member

we should all get together and chill sometime.. that'd be pretty groovy. i'm in northern il... round lake to be exact. anyone near by wants to chill sometime just look me up.

2. water_dreamer

water_dreamer I

yeah we should all meet up thatd be awesome...how many of you guys went to hempfest?

3. ILoveMyGuitar

ILoveMyGuitar Member

Rolling Meadows here. NW suburbs of Chicago. If anybody is going to the Taste coming up, we could all meet up there.

Peace :)

4. water_dreamer

water_dreamer I

yeah peace fest is also coming up...we can go there as well

5. NeoPascal

NeoPascal Member

the taste sounds like a good idea. i'm only about a half hour outside of chicago, but the taste is really big. where exactly in the taste would we all meet up? it starts friday doesnt it?

peacefest? u mean michigan peace festival? definetly got to go.

6. newagehippie

newagehippie Member

yea i would be up for that, im in arlington heights. contact me anytime on aim @ faqubiznatch or bschmidty4eva.

7. water_dreamer

water_dreamer I

the taste is the 25th to the 4th right?

8. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!THATS WHERE I AM!!!

9. NeoPascal

NeoPascal Member

yea, the taste is the 25 through the 4 so when do you guys want to go?

i think the 3rd is the best night cuz the do the fireworks.

10. TripAmerika

TripAmerika Member

I'm in the SW Chicago burbs and I'd love to meet you guys at The Taste. Are you all willing to organize something?

11. aranyria

aranyria Member

NO KIDDING IM AROUND CHICAGO TOO! too bad im underage, i cant go to anything... o well, in a few years.

12. NeoPascal

NeoPascal Member

yea, i'm up for organizing. i think most of the people here would agree too. but we are kinda short on time - only about a week. so when and where? any suggestions?

13. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

I'm up for going. Maybe we should meet at a bar or restaraunt before... or maybe a certain place on the beach. Either way, we should burn one on the beach while we get to know eachother... :) then walk around the Taste.

14. newagehippie

newagehippie Member

We should do this but not for the taste, we should try and really organize something with a little more time so every can put it on there schedule.

15. ILoveMyGuitar

ILoveMyGuitar Member

Anybody planning on going Tuesday the 29th? If so, PM me or something, we can meet up.

Peace :)

16. kindbud4u

kindbud4u Member

PLEASE JOIN US FOR PEACE FEST JULY 10-11 2004
    4400 ON THE LAKEFRONT
    TAKE THE WILSON EXIT

The time is right for a free two day indie music fest to happen in Chicago at Cricket Hill which is along the lake front. We want this to be of historic size in support of social issues and because it is an election year. Reproductive free speech, freedom and justice for all people is what Peace Fest represents. Threats to these rights have never been so systematic and coordinated, and the lives and health of people have never faced such peril. We want to uphold these rights and educate the People.

“Peace fest may be a small music fest, yet it is mighty in the message”

Peace Fest organizers highly in courage your organization to be out at fest informing and educating. We also encourage bands and artists to be out at fest whether playing on the main stage or not, let’s show that Chicago’s music community is united and has a political voice.

Speaker for fest as of now and more are being added:

Chicago Peace Museum

Peace Action Net Work

Andy Thayer- local activist

Caren- local activist

Richard Rawlings- US Marijuana Party Illinois

And a lot more.

Workshops

Sandy Andia and friends will do a workshop on Saturday at 2:00 pm on political song writing, please come out and support them. If we get some good music written at Peace Fest or after we might do a Peace Fest CD Sponsor by On The List Music Newsletter and Peace Fest.

Drum groups will be coming out from Rhythms and around the city, so bring your drums

We hope to have a Native American drum group as well honor at the fest

[font=Stars & Stripes][font='Stars & Stripes']“LET MAKE PEACE FEST SOMETHING CHICAGO CAN BE PROUD OF[/font][/font][font=Stars & Stripes][font='Stars & Stripes']”[/font][/font]
    [font=Stars & Stripes][font='Stars & Stripes'] [/font][/font]

[font=Stars & Stripes][font='Stars & Stripes']PEACE[/font][/font][font=Stars & Stripes][font='Stars & Stripes'] EDUCATION GOOD MUSIC[/font][/font]
    [font=Stars & Stripes][font='Stars & Stripes'] [/font][/font]
    [font=Stars & Stripes][font='Stars & Stripes'] [/font][/font]MUSICIANS AND COMMUNITY FOLKS FOR SOCIAL CHANGE AND AWARENESS

17. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

i'll be there... anyone else wanna burn one with me on the beach? ...

18. NeoPascal

NeoPascal Member

definetly have to burn one on the beach.

as for meeting somewhere ahead of time.. thats a good idea.

seeing as how there are 2 days left, i say we do it on the 3rd cuz of the fireworks.

i dont know the area well enough to pick somewhere to meet so somebody just pick! i'll be prolly all day so just say when to be there.

19. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

hmmmm... i'm leaving work at 2:30 today, and I'm not going to be online all weekend... so if we do plan something, lets do it soon. i'll look at the map to find a good place to meet up.

20. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

how about the eastern most part (closest to the lake) of the fountain? what time can everybody make it?