Illegal Immigrants

Discussion in 'Protest' started by CrippleCreekFairy, Apr 17, 2006.

1. underground04

underground04 Member

i didnt say that. i was illustrating the point that you were saying that americans should accept poorer wages, hours and working conditions instead of bitching about their jobs being taken. you blame american workers for their problems instead of the ones really responsible, corporate executives and business owners and the politicians who let them do as they wish

2. Langox510x

Langox510x Member

Beggars can't be choosers!!

3. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Actually many migrants pay into the system, but under false names and numbers. Sometimes it causes problems for living US taxpayers, they have to go through an audit, because extra withholdings have been paid toward their account.

But that's not the main issue, what is...is that employers are hiring illegals knowingly, and requiring support staff to understand, written and spoken spanish, for an employment base that is illegal. Why should employees be responsible for accommidating an illegal work force? This is very real in California and Arizona, and moving up into Oregon and other states. There are Americans that will fill these jobs if not required to speak a foreign language.

4. gardener

Ever tried to get a job harvesting peachs, walnuts or almonds in California without knowing Spanish/Mexican...you can't. I have. And in the landscaping/nursery trade it's getting just as hard. US citizens to get the same jobs have to be certified or have a college degree, but they need to know Spanish in order to be hired because the support staff are all illegal. The Mexican employees aren't required to have a college certificate or degree.

They aren't even required to know English, or answer interview questions that question their knowledge of horticulture. They are Mexican so I guess it's understood that they understand plants and cultivation...which is a crock. Many come from the camps set up outside Mexico City, they've never raised a crop or lived on a farm.

5. gardener

I enjoy harvest. I don't want to do it for monetary gain, I want to be part of the process. But why should the US gringo be required to do more than an illegal alien?

6. Langox510x

Langox510x Member

^^^Actually there is no requirements stating that.

Why don't you just stand at a Mexican work station poised in ready to jump in the back of a pick-up truck???

7. gardener

I have and I do, but if the Mexican foreman doesn't want you working because he can't speak to you, you don't get chosen to jump on that truck.

You ever worked picking peaches, or manning a hulling belt? Bet you haven't.

I got a work permit in 1962, at the age of twelve in order to help with the prune and walnut harvest. We were given two weeks out of school to do the job. You live in California have you worked in the agricultural part of the state economy? Bet not, never got your nails dirty have you?

8. Langox510x

Langox510x Member

^^^I do real work immagrents probubly wouldn't be able to handle. Have you ever tried to get a job with a higher skill level?? I bet thats your problem. You're 56 complaining how some poor Mexican immagrent has held you down. Shouldn't you be taking early retirement or something, lol!

Thats the problem with America. They think they should be payed some high wage got some low skilled job, but honestly if these jobs didn't pay low wages they probubly wouldn't exist in the first place.

9. Langox510x

Langox510x Member

double post

10. gardener

I've been an administrative assistant, I've been an assistant manager. I enoy harvest, is that a crime? Currently I am self employed graphic artist. And even there I have to compete with off shore employees willing to do a 2000.00 job for 300.00. I have two degrees and many certificates.

Tolstoi used to disappear during harvest only to be found working the fields shoulder to shoulder with what were considered peasants. He was a Count and highly respected in his world. Did they tell him to find other work?

11. gardener

Why is it you republicans say these people only come here to do jobs American citizens don't want and when an American citizen says I will do that work you try to denegrate that person for wanting to do that job?

What is it you are doing filling mugs at Starbucks?

12. gardener

Most imigrants could probably spell better than you or at least operate a spell checker.

Jobs would exist because the work needs to be done in order to bring in the harvest or produce the product.

The main problem with America is butts like you that can't write a proper sentence or state a coherent idea, but feel they are above doing the work that needs to be done to take a product to completion.

13. Langox510x

Langox510x Member

^^Hey, I have a job smartass!

No, republican's want to build a wall to keep "them damn beaners" out of our great "white" nation.

Honestly though if you can't stand on a corner in any big Californian city and get picked up at a migrant worker station then theres probubly something wrong with you. But then again, you are 55.

14. RiverStone

RiverStone Ancient

I agree. My mom and dad are immigrants and they worked hard to get the right to come to America LEGALLY from a poor country while these illegal immigrants are complaining about how poor the place is. Oh suck it up, there are places were kids DIE of starvation more HORRIBLY than them and you dont see them invading do you? No, you see them working hard so they can come to america legally.
    THIS MAY BE A FREE COUNTRY BUT FREEDOM AINT FREE, YOU WANT FREEDOM, YOU GOTTA WORK FOR IT, NOT INVADE ILEGALLY AND DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT. So I agree with you 100% As much as I would like to help these poor immigrants they still need to stop complaining and intruding into a place that isn't even theres. Its just rude, its like breaking into someones house. I mean, every other immigrant has probably lived in a very poor country but did they whine and just barge right into our country? NO, THEY WORKED HARD SO THEY CAN COME HERE. SO FOR THAT, A THUMBS UP TO THEM, WELCOME TO AMERICA, So once again to those illegal immigrants I say:
    Its a free country, but freedom aint free.

15. gardener

There's something wrong with you big time. You believe you lifestyle is being protected....well unless you can learn to spell better, and become a more productive member of your community, kiss your easy life goodby, and since you've never done any hard work in your life I have pity on you.

http://transtexascorridor.blogspot.com/

http://corridornews.blogspot.com/2006/09/corridor-objections-fall-on-deaf-ears.html

http://www.texastollparty.com/ttp_trans_texas.php

Who's getting rich while the rest of the nation is focussed on making sure they are secure. It's the old bait and switch technique. Keep them focussed on something else while you pick their pockets.

16. RiverStone

RiverStone Ancient

Agreed. :3

17. Langox510x

Langox510x Member

Protected? No, but then again I know how to stand out among other men especially those who don't speak English. Although I have no doubt in my mind I wouldn't eventually land that $85,000 a year job I don't even want to work for others anyway. I plan on being my own boss like my father and his father before him.

I think the rest of your post was a little off topic, but lets just say I think this whole national security is all BS. Wars stimulate economy and I guess that’s what spending all this money is doing, but at who's expense?

18. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

I thought that was the neoliberal war cry.

Repubs might look down on people who pick fruit but they aren't the ones saying that these illegals are "only doing the job that Americans wont".

19. nadius

nadius Member

We're talking about "illegal inmigrants"???, no, we're talking about people here, ok? With they're own strugle and they're own problems and lives, I'm from South America, and we were built out of inmigrants, from Italy, from Spain, from France, but now when we want to travel to Europe because we're having an economy breakdown like they had when they got here, some people (not all of them of course) call us "southies" "sudacas" and we aren't treated right, I don't think thats fear, and I don't think is fear to put all of the mexican illegal inmigrants into the same bag, they're trying to get there for a reason, and talking about illegal, what's legal and what's not? who decides this? you? me? If we're talking about illegal stuff, isn't what the usa goverment is doing in south american countries illegal? what it's doing in the middle east? what they did back in vietnam? I mean, I think all the goverments are the same, something begins to be "illegal" when it bothers them, period.

And building a wall? My god, haven't we learned??? haven't we looked upon history? Look back in your own history, when you were fighting all together for your freedom, the usa wasn't built with americans from day one, just think of that, like I said above with us and european countries, it's the same with you, and please there are bad and good people all around the world, they do not belong to a single ethnic, or a different race. We're all stupid and great at the same time.

20. dances in pajamas

dances in pajamas strange little girl

I fear the wall. I don't want America to build something that seperates us so primitively from other people. Illegal immigrants don't seem to have any rights and they're not even viewed as people. They're "illegal immigrants" and that's all they seem to be to people. Yeah, I know people who have hired them. But I have more respect for those who work to gain legal status and get a job and try to make a better life for themselves and their families. American needs to stop worrying about how the white people need to stay on top.