Illegal Immigrants

Discussion in 'Protest' started by CrippleCreekFairy, Apr 17, 2006.

1. CrippleCreekFairy

CrippleCreekFairy Member

Ok, though I am young, I'm still opinionated. I live in New Mexico and recently the whole Illegal immigration thing has sparked a lot of protests in support of Illegal Immigration. Well, I don't see I fit in well with the whole Left/Right political philosophy; I have my own ideology that most would say (believing in Left/Right) that my views contradict each other.

I don't agree with Illegal Immigration. If someone will work for legally coming into a country then I say more power to them, but I will not side with illegal. And because of that, I am labeled a fascist by liberals (fascist seems to be the end all debate word for them).

So the protests go on in parts of downtown, I almost ran over a protester who refused to get out of the road and I don't think it would affect me much. But that’s just IMO

2. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

3. spooner

spooner is done.

That doesn't make you a fascist, just a hick.

4. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

oh my god. okay, i live in lodi, cali. predominantly mexican. those who have sympathy for immagrants obviously have never lived in a place where they flood hospitals & our public school. i remember seeing gang fights as early as fourth grade. the elementary school i went to had spanish assemblies, spanish everything. the kids in those schools dont even have to speak english to attend. my town is a shithole there are mexican ghettos & mexican street signs & if your white you might as well have "jump me" written on your forehead. all these people im complaining about are here ILLEGALLY. i understand this is because their relatives are the only ones picking crops & shit and because cali is very agricultural. but something needs to happen, and soon. otherwise this town is never going to improve. all the mexicans at my school have been skipping school to protest. when asked, they dont even know what the fuck ther are protesting FOR. they just think that all this is is racism, when its not. i have nothing against mexicans. just what the illegal ones are doing to my town. my uncle works night shifts in the emergency room. he says everynight there is a million mexican people rushed in with gunshot wounds & whatnot. they are all here illegally, so he doesnt get paid. hope somebody sees my point of veiw & doesnt just think im being inconsiderate or whatever.

5. streamlight

streamlight Member

Why if they are here illegaly would your uncle not get paid?

6. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

I don't think most of the people in the U.S. really know the situation. It is mainly the southern border states that are affected, primarily Texas and California, that have as many illegal immigrants as all other states combined. Without getting poitical, I would have to say that from what I have personally seen(in CA), over the last 25+ years, it (illegal immigration) is having an overall negative impact.

7. poorphucker

poorphucker Member

The mass colonialization and immigration of North America has indeed become a major issue. Ironic, that the offspring of illegal invading Europeans who slaughtered millions of North Americans in order to steal the same land that is being discussed... are the ones that now have an issue.

I know.. I know... Your forefathers did not exterminate and rob the land from the natural inhabitants to just let it be taken away from you today! Of course you must stand up and cry out against all the illegal aliens!

Funny, how Columbus and all the colonies are not looked at as illegal aliens but as a discoverers. How do you discover what was already known? You don't! You just take it from other people who already have it ;) By force at that!

When history repeats itself... what used to be looked at as a good thing is now a bad thing? America has bred a generation of hypocrites!

I find it interesting how so many "kind" and "hip" people are so uncompassionate when it comes to other human beings!

Do you think alot of the First Nationers look at America and say the same thing about YOU!

Why is it ok for American's ancestors to illegally invade a whole continent... yet when the natural inhabitants want to travel freely in thier ancestors given land... it is wrong?

az

8. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

First of all, I'm not talking about immigration, I'm talking about illegal immigration. This is a major distinction that poorphucker isn't making.

How do you know that I'm not a Native American? For you information, there were no people existing in North America prior to 25,000 years so there are no natural human inhabitants to North America. Human didn't evolve here. So if you are talking about who has more right- if people have lived here for a few hundred or a few thousand years, both a drop in the bucket of time.

Second, most if not all of the people that come illegally from the south into the U.S. are mestizo's not Mexican Indian(Mayan,Yaqui,etc). So they are not really natives anyway. By poorphuckers reasoning, native people of Turkey should have a right to land in Norway.

9. poorphucker

poorphucker Member

What is the distinction that made Columbus and the Europeans... so legal, in your ideology of what the differences are, between "illegal" immigration and "legal" immigration?

I guess you could use the distinction of "that was then... this is now"!

They were illegal immigrants just the same ;)

25,000 years is alot different than 500 years.

The inhabitants that existed here in the time that Colombus and other Europeans arrived... had already been here for a long long time.

I do not.

Are you?

Does it make a difference, if you, as and individual, are Native American? The percentage, in my experiences and opinions, would say that there are alot more First Nations that would disagree with you than agree with you.... when it comes to the subject of this land not being thier land long before the Europeans came.

If so, I would love to hear some of your thoughts on why it is ok for one generation to steal land from another... but when the first generation actually starts to stand up and question what happened in the past... it is wrong.

There are two sides to everything.

I see both sides.

I do not see the people at fault. I see the SYSTEM at fault.

Can you not understand that alot of people strive for a better life for them and thier families? Even if it mean ignoring an imaginary line placed on the earth by other humans.

If shit became so bad in this wonderful beautiful "land of the free", to where Americans were trying to leave and enter other countries illegally... would you want some compassion for your brothers and sisters?

It is so easy to forget that illegal immigrants are HUMAN BEINGS too.

For one human to show that they feel they are better than another human.... sure shows alot about the person!

Just out of curiosity.... What if Bush pisses off Iran and starts a war with them that results in some sort of mass scale suicide bombs in America to where it makes people feel they need to leave the country. If shit got really bad and people started heading for Canada in droves.... would that be different?

I have a feeling the same people that bitch about illegal immigration invasions would be the same people bitching that no one would help them when the scenario turns on them and they were an illegal immigrant themselves somewheres!!!

There is a difference when humans dehumanize other humans than when a system does it. The system is made to where it does it... you have a choice on whether to dehumanize others.

Az

10. Megara

Megara Banned

for something to be illegal, there has to be a law.

Did native american's have a law saying "this is our land and we will have to process your application before you can stay here?" No. Thus, it is not illegal.

11. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

I question the whole argument of some of those that are for granting amnesty have that these folks want American citizenship, they don't, and right now they are one of the few countries in the world allowed to have dual citizenship. Which country do you think they feel more loyalty to? Mexico is a huge country with vast natural resources, why can't they employ and raise the living standards for their own people. I am a California native and working in horticulture for years I have many Mexican friends, they would love to stay home in Mexico, but they don't have the opportunities down there that they do here, why because of corruption, all the way from the local dog catcher to their president. Everything they do, they have to pay for 3 and 4 times, because some corrupt politico wants their cut.

And it's not just border states being affected anymore. Oregon is experiencing huge problems with this sector of their population.

12. poorphucker

poorphucker Member

I do believe the First Nationers had thier own "laws" which were worthless to... and ignored by the majority of the Europeans that came and dictated thier own "laws" upon the people that were already here.

Gardener.... that is the reason I cannot see where the people are at fault versus the governments and systems in place.

Az

13. gardener

Those that I fault are the employers, that have circumvented the current laws that were put in place after that last amnesty in the 80s. They have to fill out I9s, and are supposed to question the use of false documentation, but they don't. And they are well aware of what the proper documents look like, and who's legal and who isn't. Why are they being giving a free pass is anyone's call.

14. aoacoder

aoacoder Member

This is a whole lot of semantical bullshit, the U.S neoliberal's raped mexico and now your pissed that hungry mexicans are jumping the border. If I was in the U.S i'd imagine i'd be involved in some kind of underground business getting people over the border (without fee more then likely). You can't own a peice of land it was here before you, you arrogant fucking americans (not all, just the ones opposed to border jumpers), you don't own america, america doesn't even exsist it's just a label you slapped on to fulfill your controling ego.

15. aoacoder

aoacoder Member

and as a side note to add on to gardaner and mesh in my post they do have vast natural resources, to be a few greedy americans control them.

16. gardener

Who's fault is that?...the corrupt political system in Mexico that sell their country on the cheap so that they benefit but the rest of the country doesn't. If those that are crossing the border into the US and protesting right now would stand up in their own country, and demand accountability, and rights for all, perhaps things could change down there.

17. aoacoder

aoacoder Member

so your saying because they don't fight back that NAFTA and twisted trade agreements that fuck them are there fault/ unfournately there country and military has been hijacked, quite like your U.S by Dubya and his redneck buddies
    and no I still don't think it's there job to repair your fuck up, it's far easier (in most cases) don't border jump and make more money in the U.S on under the table wages then stay for dirty water and the rest

18. Megara

Megara Banned

so you're saying they had immigration laws? the nomadic plains indians had immigration laws for the land that they "owned"

put down the peyote...

19. aoacoder

aoacoder Member

absafrickinlutely, unforunately the liberals fuckedu p so bad in the elction we got bush jr. as prime minister now, so it's not likely. Perhaps someone could put me in touch with info of underground smuggling rings>? :p

20. aoacoder

aoacoder Member

Right on man! thanks for the tip, and maybe i'll deal with the mexicans while you deal with that moron in power there (just mail him a bag of pretzels i'm sure the rest will take care of itself) :p