Ignorance about Marijuana

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by boothy, Aug 29, 2005.

1. pansy

pansy Member

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

people come equiped with soap boxes.

3. tommyboy487

tommyboy487 Member

OK
    so why are you saying this to us...
    we obviously arnt the ones who need to hear it...

4. Imagine17

Imagine17 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Why the hostility man? he is just sharing with people that can understand him. I for one understand where is comeing from. He is trying to find people that can relate.

I get it all the time and it is hard explaining it to people so full of misconseption and lies from the media , government, religion, school, parents, society as a whole.

5. tommyboy487

tommyboy487 Member

I dunno.
    I guess its not just him... maybe im just tired of constant bitching about every little thing just like this but the people we are bitching about dont know it. Almost like talking behind someones back in a way? People are smart. Ignorant sure. But they dont want to be... talk to them about it... tell them exactly what you just posted.. not us? we obvisouly already know.. and if you want the situation to get any better thats obviously the only way.

And btw sorry for snapping. my bad:):)

6. happyhippiegrl

happyhippiegrl Member

I thought alot of people are more laid back about smoking herb now adays.Guess I'm wrong. Maybe its just cuz I hang with people that smoke or use to smoke.

7. MarijuanaPhysicist

MarijuanaPhysicist Member

uhhh... if marijuana was so bad for us.. it WOULDNT be LEGAL in other countries...

8. boothy

boothy Senior Member

Oh man I have tried... it's like explaining to a brick wall seriously... they just put the same statements or so called "facts" to you everything you say, many wont even answer you're questions put to them such as:

you drink alcohol. i've seen you at parties getting drunk many a time. why don't you condemn that, you can overdose on that?

The reason I made this thread is because I defended my views and did say this tuff to them... really I worded it wrong... it's not the ignorance, it's the fact they will not listen to overcome that ignorance.

peace :)

boothy

9. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

ummmm, where exactly is it legal?

10. boothy

boothy Senior Member

Amsterdam (i know it's a city not country, but still), Canada, Jamaica, in Spain homegrowing is legal etc.

11. Mr MiGu

who told you that bullshit?

12. boothy

boothy Senior Member

it's not bullshit. why do you have an obsession with trying to insist to a load of stoners that marijuana has so many faults?

13. Mr MiGu

hey, im just stickin with the theme of the thread
    i smoke pot as well, and i just happen to live in canada and can tell you that it is NOT legal here, nor any of those places that you listed
    i beleive its decriminalized in amsterdam, and just isnt enforced

and i never said it has so many faults, it just isnt the perfect drug that its made out to be on this forum

14. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yeh it aint legal anywhere, but i think that would be because of americas criminalisation.. the world often follows suit in these sorts of matters

15. boothy

boothy Senior Member

im certain it is legal to be homegrown in spain actualy... and de-criminised bascially means legal really (i know not technically). I'm not sure about Jamaica though, I think it is.

I heard it was legal for possesion on Canada... guess I was wrong.

16. boothy

boothy Senior Member

Yeah I know you hadn't I'd just had a few beers and was quite grumpy.. sorry bout that :)