If you were a misplaced debit/credit card, where would you be?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aerianne, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yep...mine cannot be found but no one is using it so I assume I might still find it somewhere.

2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

how long ago did you use it? where did you last see it?

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

covered/wrapped with receipts in pocket of pants.. somewhere..

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Dresser Drawer... pockets somewhere.. weird side pocket of purse or somewhere you normally wouldn't put it in bag... glove compartment/door or center compartment of car.... Grocery bag or rx bag if you have one of them!!.. checkbook...with a stack of mail..

5. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Bottom of your purse, or in a different pocket of your wallet? Pants pocket? Sometimes I put mine in my jeans temporarily when my hands are full and forget.

6. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

the bar or with a friend

7. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Call the last place you used it. It happened to me as I did not take the card when I left and they placed it in the till for safe keeping. Went in and showed them ID and picked it up.

8. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

That's true, I have handed the checker a card that the person in front of me left in the card reader more than once.

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

that place invented by the devil between your car seat and the center console

10. Aerianne

I have checked all those places!

The last place I handed it to someone for a transaction was at the vet, on Tuesday last week. I bought flea drops they put in a baggie. I think I carried the card and my car keys in. I don't know if I dropped the flea meds in my purse when I came back to the car or just laid them on the seat. I called the vet and they haven't seen it.

I looked in the car. "The estranged one" says he will have a look tomorrow.

Other than that, I went to the corner stores. I called both of them and they haven't seen it.

I emptied my purse and went through everything in it.

I checked all my pockets and the dirty clothes bin.

Things were crazy last week. It was full of lots of unusual activities. I went to the doctor (before the vet). I treated the animals for fleas. I flea bombed the house. I moved furniture and re-arranged my room...and had those 4 wonderful granddaughters during the days.

Maybe once more under the seats in the car tomorrow will turn it up.

Other than that, I must have lost it between a cash register and the car, thinking it was in my pocket instead of my wallet, which I often do when rushing.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I would probably just cancel it and order a new one at this point. I left mine in the atm one time but the bank will call you if that happens

12. Aerianne

I looked at the transactions again.

The last place it was used was at the vets office. It has to be in the car or the house...

That's why there has been no use by anyone else. It's here somewhere.

If I cancel it, I have to get the cash off it because it locks it and "the estranged one's" down until the new ones arrive. That can take 10-days, unless I pay $20 for expedited delivery.

AND I have to get the estranged one to pull up the info for the direct deposit of our disability check to see if it will move with the new card #'s or if we have to go through some shit with Soc. Sec. that takes them 6 weeks to process.

Damn it.

13. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Ok, since you've looked everywhere that makes the slightest bit of sense, trying all of the logical/reasonable solutions...here's a thought.

Get a pendulum (one can be made easily with a key, which I'm sure you know) and go from room to room and in the car, telling it to react when you are in the right area - room or car. You have nothing to lose. :)

14. Aerianne

I do have a quartz pendulum, Lynn. That's not a bad idea. I'll wait until light tomorrow, after he has checked the car again.

15. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

Car door pocket? Slipped from your bag and caught under the removable car mat in the footwell? Between the seat and the backrest? Stuck behind the seatbelt housing?

Ok-where WOULDN'T you look for it? Coz THAT'S where it is,Aeri.

16. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Parking lot.

17. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i couldnt find my bank card this morning.....fuck it...i just stopped at my bank and grabbed another....they're free and take less than 2 minutes?

18. Aerianne

That's awesome, Rolling.

Mine takes two days to make and then 7-10 days to get here. It's a Walmart Visa Debit card.

We can't bank at other banks. We've burned them walking out on service charges.

19. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Car seats are notorious for making things disappear. If the clerk put the card in the bag with the flea treatment could you have thrown it out with the bag?

20. Aerianne

Nope. The flea treatment was put in a sandwich baggie.