If You Make Up A Story

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by themnax, Aug 6, 2016.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if you make up a story about something you have no idea whether or not it might exist, you haven't prevented the possibility of anything remotely like your story from existing.
    but what you have done, the more detail you put into it, or add on to it, the more likely, whatever might exist that might be a little bit like it, to be even less like the story you make up.

this is the relationship between religions and gods.

this is why i'm something more like what could be called an agnostic then an athiest, at least to the extent i am able to form a specific understanding of the often ambiguous use of those terms and the distinction between them.

2. Bud D

Bud D Member

Wouldn't want to piss off the imaginary God's if their imagination fights back.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i wouldn't either. but the point is, whatever gods or godlike beings might actually exist, and there's nothing to prevent them from existing, none of the beliefs we have, or ever will or ever can, have anything more then possible coincidence, to do with them.

i'm not ruling out channelling and inspiration either,

but when it comes to the idea of knowing their will, or much of anything else about them,
    the idea that any belief might,
    let alone the idea that any one belief might more then another,

is such a complete and total long shot.

1 person likes this.