If you live in GA

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by Elle, Aug 18, 2004.

1. WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic Member

Come to St. Simons Island. In my opinion it's by far the most laid back place in Georgia. It's a beautiful island with nice beaches, rivers, marshes, and a really rich history. I have lived here my entire life. I've been here a little too long but it's a nice place to live.

If I had to move to the ATL area I'd move to Blue Ridge though. It's like 2 hours north of the city but I love it there. St. Simons and Blue Ridge are the only two places I'd live in GA. I wouldn't live in Savannah. Really high crime rate. It's a nice place to visit but with the crime rate and everything that goes on there I'd be a little scared to live there. My uncle lives in Garden City (just outside of Savannah) and he has an Akita guard dog because so many of his neighbor's houses have been broken into.

2. MIIDAJ

MIIDAJ Member

Panic, my job bought out some places down in glynn county. great area i was there 4th of july.

3. WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic Member

The 4th on SSI is crazy. I didn't even attempt to go down to the pier this year. That's one holiday I'd rather get off the island. The last time I tried to go to the beach on the 4th it was like a giant mass of tourists. Not fun!

4. bobby____danger

bobby____danger Member

i was living in acworth for a few weeks this summer, right next to woodstock.

went to college in waleska/canton.

and no offense to anyone from canton, but i found that place to be extremely depressing.

5. MIIDAJ

MIIDAJ Member

Yea it was crowded. We usually head down once or twice a yr. We stay ok jeckyll to get away and fish sometimes.

Crab Trap, my fav place to eat on this planet.

accept a big burrito in the WSP lot, of course!!

6. WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic Member

If you like Crab Trap you should try Crab Daddy's next door. It is the best seafood restraunt on the island. You should try Sweet Mamma's (also next to Crab Trap) too. Everything there is so good! They make these brownies with cream cheese frosting that are amazing. I'm going there for breakfast tomorrow actually. They have really good bran muffins for breakfast.

7. JustSayNO

JustSayNO Member

lawrenceville, there is stuff happening here all the time!!! this is the place for cool people only. you can find whatever you want here! drugs,sex,wild parties,gang members too! just kidding

8. ConsciousSoldier

ConsciousSoldier Member

The Army more or less sent me to live here at Fort Stewart/Hinesville...needless to say the general metaphysical environment here is extremely negative from my perspective...but that really isn't a good perspective for others here.

9. the crane wife

the crane wife Member

I live here and am pretty much dying to get away... but then again, I live in a ridiculously rich area that I don't fit into at all.

As someone mentioned before, though, there are some pretty kickass concerts in Atlanta. The Tabernacle is my favorite venue; definitely check it out if you end up visiting.

10. MIIDAJ

MIIDAJ Member

ive been there before as well. good food but crab trap is my fav. been going there since i was a kid.

11. MIIDAJ

MIIDAJ Member

going to see bobby there nov 17th!

12. Atom bomb therapy

Atom bomb therapy Member

I'm from Rome, Ga but I live in Conyers Georgia. If I were you I would definatly try to get into the little five points/candler park area. Or the mountains. Did you move here yet?

13. jezebelle

jezebelle Member

I just moved to Savannah about a month ago. It's so beautiful here, plus we live about a mile from Bonaventure cemetery. We might have to move to Hilton Head in about a year, though, and that just makes me sad. Everyone says this city is really ghetto, but I love it.

14. bobby____danger

bobby____danger Member

i don't get it.

15. Columbo

Columbo Senior Member

you probly wouldnt get it unless youre high - actually I've been told its hilarious to read on Acid but I think its swahili

16. Sun Goddess

Sun Goddess Member

I live in Marietta and trust me - if you are looking for a laid back place do NOT move here... I'm going to move soon too... Look more at N Georgia or Athens, Georgia or even Savannah... Good Luck

17. DizzyIzzy

DizzyIzzy Member

I have been moving around all my life. If you want to live in a red state here you go Georgia is red as hell. I do have alot of friends and family here and have moved away many times. I would never encourage anyone to move to this back asswards state for any reason. Move west and run. Georgia has some of the worst allergies for our pollen is so bad. Traffic is the worst in the nation. And they believe in cutting down every tree that can be cut. Then they throw a wallmart there( we have more of those than any other state). We also have some of the worst pot laws and gostopo police to enforce them.

On the bright side I cant find better friends (hippie) anywhere. We have a thriving music scene and great (hack hack hack). But that is not enough to keep me here. I live here cause my mom is sick. I was living so happily in Oregon. Goergia it is a nice place to visit but not to live. All in all this place sux!!!!!!!!!

18. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

I love Georgia. I love the mountains, Savannah is so much fun, and sure there are some super conservative hicks around......but shitheads live all over the world. ;) Oh but I HATE Atlanta.

19. nailbomber

nailbomber Banned

Witnesses urged to view 24 hour astral projection “possession” torture sessions, conspiracy to murder plots and attempted suicide at English Nationals 1 bedroom council residence 7Oa Barnmead Road, Dagenham, Essex RM9 5DX. Find out the truth about the 911 atrocities in America and the Al Qaeda terrorist responsible described on the internet as the “evil demon”. See for yourself as the depraved child molesting psychopath Rodney Nixon terrorises his own family and threatens a nuclear catastrophe.

20. slackdaddy

slackdaddy Member

You should check out Athens. It is just a bit over an hour from ATL but a VERY cool college town!