If You Had The Chance To Go Back To 1969 At The Age Of 19 Would You?

Discussion in 'Ask The Old Hippies' started by Rivehn, Apr 5, 2016.

1. What does that mean?

2. alabamanpguy

alabamanpguy Members

Hey NC, he talked about being locked away so as not to make the concert. Would have loved to bring a group by and break them out of solitary so they could have went, but all that's assuming that I was alive then *L*

ZenKarma, Asmodean and ncbumpkin like this.
  3. Thanks for clearing that up. .... I honestly didn't know what that meant. ..got it now..

ZenKarma likes this.
  4. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

1969...I arrived 2 years after that. What were we talking about? I was 19 in 1990. :worried:

5. You're still a young man, Kevin....

KL71 likes this.
  6. KL71

Thank, Sierra! Glad you went back to your smiling avatar! <3 :)

ncbumpkin likes this.
  7. Your welcome.... How's those cool boots working out for you?

8. KL71

I didn't walk into a time machine to 1969...but they've done the job. 2 hours in one direction earlier. 82510225_498178111134408_8305096625831804928_n.jpg

Sierra likes this.
  9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It is rumoured you need a hot tub for such a journey.

Jim N. of Earth and KL71 like this.
  10. HarryD420

HarryD420 Members

No thanks.

I was 23 in 69 trying to avoid being drafted with the threat of Nam hanging over me. 68 was a better year in Atlanta when the Allman Brothers were playing free gigs in Piedmont Park on Sunday afternoons, Bruce Hampton was holding street concerts, the strip was full of about 300,000 hippies. The energy was amazing that summer!

By 1969, the scene was quickly deteriorating as biker wars broke out and arson was frequently committed on the strip.

ChinaCatSunflower67 and Sierra like this.
  11. Fievel Mousekewitz

Fievel Mousekewitz Members

I would never even want to go back to the 70s. I'd love to be a child in this day and age, with all this technology. The 70s we barely had a computer which could do what pocket calculators and phones can do today. And more. This super computer they built in the 70s was a huge calculator. That's all it could do. In the 80s we had Commadore 64 and Apple II and IIe. Finally by the 90s we had multitasking computers. The start of Windows. I don't miss loading everything from floppy disc to install stuff. In 69 they were still working on The World Trade Center. But in any-case I wouldn't want to be a teenager in the late 60s and early 70s.

In simpler words, I never really want to go back. And I was only born in 1970.

Now days is a groovy time in history as we watch marijuana prohibition start to crumble. More and more States are signing onto part of the legal marijuana market as there's lot of tax money to be made on it. Legalization works and it is slowly beginning to sink in. I never would have thought in the 90s that we'd be this close today. In fact I once agreed with one of my bosses, "It'll never be legal in your lifetime." But after the first State actually did it, I began having my doubts whether the statement would end up being true anymore.

Go back to 1969? A year before I was born? No. Never.
    Back then you could easily get a long jail sentence for just a few grams back then. No thank you. Now you have to go in front of a judge first, and maybe not even spend one day in jail. They could just give a slap on the wrist.

And that's what sometimes happens too for first offenses.

I would never want to go back to 69.

Reverand JC likes this.
  12. Dax

Dax Members

OMG! Just give me the chance ... puleeze!

13. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Yes , 1969 with what we know now . Kick ass !

14. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I was 18 in 1969. not a care in the world, and a don't give a f--- attitude. And would love to go back. Good way to get away from this corona virus. When's the bus loading?

15. highlander69

highlander69 Members

I was in 9th grade..I hated school so naaaaaa

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

but if you were in 19 in 9th grade you would be the king. remember, this was 1969; you could buy beer for all your friends.

Jim N. of Earth likes this.
  17. highlander69

highlander69 Members

haha I wasn t that old. But in Summer they had free concerts every thursday night on Boston comons..collage kids mostly we d siton grass and people would pass us wine and joints.was cool. Ya take swig and a hit and pass it round..we go listen to music and get high for free just was 10 cents for subway ride..Some times that be free if employee wasn t there we hope the turn style. good o days

18. tuatara

tuatara Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i was 18 back in 69...turned 18 the day man landed on the moon...i'd go back...dad had moved the family to canada so there was no danger of draft for me

19. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

20. Jim N. of Earth

Jim N. of Earth Newbie

I was 9 in 69 . early 70s I started discovering Mamas and Papas, Peter Paul and Marry and a few other groups of the 60s along with the Eagles and America they are some of my early influences. By the time I reached 18 in 78 the hippie movement was dead and Disco was in full swing.I didn't much care for Disco. I listen to old folk and outlaw country. I was drawn to outlaw country because it like the hippies thumbed its nose at the status quo. In the 80s after a short stent in the Army I was working a boring job so one day I quit and stuck my thumb out and lived a bit of a hippie free spirit life as best as I could in the time it was for about 3 months. If I could go back in time for a short time to 69 and I was 19 I would do it .