If you get really bord

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Applespark, May 13, 2004.

1. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

Get some Phatty sidewalk chalk get your sidewalk wet and draw on it wet..smear the colors round and leave it without washing...when it dries it will be very bright and vivid...Maybe you could have some tie die steps leading to your door...:p

2. hemp_boy

hemp_boy Member

thats awesome. im really bored during the day being home schooled and all. thanks

3. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

I'm totally gonna do that! When i wake up, i go sit out front on the sidewalk in the sun. Lately i've wanted to get a pack of those huge sidewalk chalks, the kind we used to draw with when we were little, and just go insane with colors. The wet sidewalk idea is perfect. :D

Weird, somehow that just put me in an amazing mood.

4. Applespark

I thoight of this because my 2 year old likes to play with the hose on the sidewalk and we draw with chalk in it and when it dried it was soo extra bright. Much brighter then normal without the water and you can smear it around...anyways enjoy :)

5. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

my daughter (9) loves to play with this stuff and I never thought of wetting it first...shall mention it to her and let her have a good time with that..... :)

Thank you for the tip!! My laneway is going to be fabulous when she is done.....:)

6. Applespark

It makes some fun face paint too for the kids...I did that with my friend when I was little ..of corse when it starts to dry on your skin it feels a bit chalky ...hehe. but it makes for some really cool feetprints.

7. mick_jagger_is_so_hi

mick_jagger_is_so_hi Member

How long does it last on the footpath?

8. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

man rad!

i auctally have been thinking lately of getting Sidewalk chalk! and im gonna write alll over things about how i love my girlfriend, and draw eyes, and write Willow+Lucy in a heart... yeah! and the neighbors will be.. like.. yeah..

9. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i love sidewalk chalk ...play with it all the time..i got a 20 ct. box for 99 cents...really good deal

10. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

the kids around here take the sidewalk chalk and grind it against the pavement until it turns into powder. then they play with the powder. they dont even draw pictures with the chalk anymore. i dont understand it.

11. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

its fun to color in the whole side walk solid

12. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

Oh man, I used to have so much fun with chalk.

Me and my best friend would grind it up into powder and keep it as "Sister Dust" because we thought we were sisters (we looked like it, too).

Once me and a few kids my mom was babysitting for wrote a bunch of obscene things on the driveway and she made us wash it off with the hose, which is how I discovered the nice bright colours. Hehe. :p

I need to go to the dollar store, I want chalk!

My neighbours are all old and look at me funny anyway. Ooh, this summer is going to be so much fun!

13. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

i miss playing with sidewalk chalk.... ah, I'll get to it this summer!

14. fylthevoyd

fylthevoyd Super Moderator

my grand daughter already does that....quite the sidewalk artist already...but she is third generation hippie....so what else would you expect:)
    as far as how long does it last some one asked........well my daughters sidewalk is still holding the color from last summer....so it has some staying power.

15. Applespark

it's true I actualy give my son a ha mmer because he'd rather smash it and he makes explsions of color :p

16. natural23

natural23 Senior Member

AppleSpark,

Thanks for the SWC tip; it's been awhile since I had some fun with SWC and hope to try the wetting technique this summer.

Just had an unusual thought: This world might be a much better place if a number of 'heads of state' would relax, sit down together and enjoy a drawing session with, you guessed it, 'sidewalk chalk'.

Peace,

David