If you could send a message back in time..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by IamnotaMan, Jul 10, 2013.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

don't get stuck in seattle until you have a pension or las vagas ever, and DON"T BUY THAT STUPID BOAT. nothing wrong with anything else or why you're doing it. you'll learn not to be afraid of being on the street, but you don't need to be even before you experience it. there are these things called soup lines and shelters and you'll survive just fine.

i know you still loved her, but you're not going to prevent the wedding, don't waste your time imagining that you can or will. you can skip that whole episode that ended up with your buying that boat. just ride that bus further like you were going to. visit canada and then by cheap land in northern nevada or montana in one of those counties where they don't have building codes.

also the baha'is mean well, but the universe does NOT require anything to be infallible. they were preferable to christianity, but check out buddhism, taoism and shinto and indiginous more closely and diversely when you get the chance, and look for chances to do so.

2. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

This reminds me of "The Strange Life of Ivan Osokin" by P.D.Ouspensky.In this short novel the central character,Ivan, a lazy indolent young man who is on the road to a wasted life,one day meets a wizard who grants him the wish to live his life over again.But Ivan makes exactly the same mistakes he made in his first life,even as he realises that he is making them.I think the philosophy of this book is that each new day is like a new life,that the wizard has sent us back to experience the eternal day...Eternal until the end.

3. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

I must have read it in a past life... When I was back in Mother Russia.
    My genetic memory is struggling to remember it hehe
    This is exactly one of the themes I was thinking of.

Also there's an excellent episode of Star Trek. Picard is dying because decades before he fought some alien in a bar and got stabbed thro the heart.
    He wishes he could go back and be less reckless. Q (the Godlike character) says "ok then". So in the alternate reality, he is never reckless and never gets stabbed, so is never critically ill.

Unfortunately, the less reckless Picard sees and lives his alternate life. He is a risk averse idiot, a lab technician his whole life and never becomes captain. He begs Q to send him back to his original reckless path..

Good moral, I think.

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

What, why? o_O

5. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

I've learned so much from my mistakes in the past.It makes me a stronger person today..
    My quality of life is better now. Because I'm not making the same mistakes again..

6. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I would tell my 19 year old self not to marry the guy just sleep with him for a couple years.

7. lode

lode Banned

I would want it written on short telegraph paper

And it would say:

Warning! Spencer, this is Spencer from the year 2013. I have something very important to tell you. It's critical that...

end of telegraph.

Just to fuck with me. :biggrin:

8. laughing-buddha

laughing-buddha Relax and have fun

I would go back 30 years and tell myself not to plan at all and just flow with time.

Whatever I planned never worked and whatever happened was not planned at all.
    Almost every turn has been unexpected (though not always bad)

9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Buy that one owner, low mileage, '65 Sport Fury III with the bucket seats, factory Hurst shifter, factory tach, 426 Max Wedge Police Special with dual ignition and exhausts, dual fed 4 barrel, and heavy duty alternator.

It's only $500.00, has no rust, and all it needs is a battery.

[​IMG]

You will never find another.
    And it was an Indy Pace Car year.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

put the sheets in a dark dry air-tight place..

that is all..

11. a jackal

a jackal Member

he's still an asshole

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Dude... It's all a lie. Even the cake is a lie!

Of course I already knew that, so it wouldn't have changed anything.

13. driftwood_74

driftwood_74 Level 88

Do not put a race car sticker over the head of your penis.

I was 4 years old and it made a ton of sense at the time.

14. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Well if you were concerned about a hole in it, it was prob better than superglue... :-/

15. driftwood_74

driftwood_74 Level 88

I don't think that was my concern. It just seemed to make a lot of sense at the time, that is until I had to piss.... I went crying to Mom for help and she just put me in the tub until it soaked off (love you mom).
    Either way, I think things through a little bit better now!

16. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Never let an anteater stick his head in my pants.

And never visit a protologist wearing wax lips.

17. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

Haha I wouldn't say "don't smoke weed" just "don't be dumb enough to get caught, even though it's just a cannabis caution it's still shitty (and you will sit in the police station shitting yourself about the 50 grams of ketamine that they SOMEHOW missed.." :D