If You Could Own Any Car!....what Would It Be?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pete's Draggin', Sep 6, 2017.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

do railroad cars count?

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

[​IMG]

themnax likes this.
  4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

for me what counts is a suspension system that can tolerate off the road abuse, and a maximum amount of cargo space that can still be parked in an ordinary parking spot without a special permit.
    really anything that was legal on the road that would meet that top spec would be fine, although the better on minimizing energy consumption the better too.

i'm sorry bu no fancy go-fasts for me. i want something durable that i wouldn't have to be all the time fixing too. but really, i'd rather be able to ride a solar powered narrow gauge, then have to have a car at all.

yah its fun to drive. but not so much fun to think about people killing each other, in order to be able to, or having to screw up the countryside for there to be roads to drive on.
    (not much fun to have to drive in city traffic either, which my wife wanted me to do when she was alive, which was why i got rid of the last car i had, along with replacing my d.l. with a state i.d. more then 20 years ago)

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

6. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I'd own one of those big work trucks with those big fantastic wheels. Ford has some. That's what I'd have...a big dualy (front and back seat). Black

7. MeAgain

Here's one:
    [​IMG]
    No back seat though.​

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i still want a sherp

new dealer announced in the area....and they mentioned they will be offering some for rentals so maybe ill get to try one out

theyre only 100k american dollars

9. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

lol that isn't exactly what I had in mind but I'd take that one instead! :2thumbsup: <------------------- dang I miss that emoticon!

themnax likes this.
  10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

One of these would be handy in heavy traffic situations....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eric! and (deleted member) like this.
  11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

12. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

One of these tricked-out bad boys!

[​IMG]

Nah just kidding. I wouldn't step within 10 feet of one of these poser vehicles.

I can't stand ricers. Thankfully, it's a dying fad. And all these glamorous show ponies that many people spent thousands of dollars on, have all ended up in the junk yard. It hit peak popularity more than a decade ago. It seemed to be a big thing amongst my peers in high school and college. It's incredible how much money these kids got their parents to spend on them and their Honda Civics.

13. MeAgain

Oh, oh.

I found another one!
    [​IMG]
    A 1961 Dodge Super/D 500

[​IMG]
    Supposedly only 3 made in this trim.
    400 HP cross ram 413 engine, a 45 rpm record player, Kelsey Hayes wire wheels, “Flight Sweep” trunk lid wheel, “Tower Back” front seat, “Mirr o Matic” self dimming dash mounted rear view mirror, “Satellite” horizontal (drum style), revolving clock. Dual remote fender mounted mirrors, and twin antennas. The more conventional options include, power steering , brakes, pushbutton Torque Flight transmission, “roof sweep”,(spring edition roof moldings), extra large brakes, dual exhaust, two tone paint, rear defroster, “Astrophonic” radio, padded dash, bumper guards, and factory air conditioning. It was also equipped with an automatic ‘lipstick dispenser’.

It's the lipstick dispenser that got me!

GLENGLEN and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  14. MeAgain

1953 Cunningham C3. Only 25 built.
    [​IMG]
    331 Chrysler Hemi engine, custom racing chassis, body by Vignale of Italy. Built only so that the Cunningham race carts could compete as they were banned from LeMans unless 25 production cars were built.

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if i could own any car, there's only one reason i would want to, and that would be to not have to live in a city.
    an ev cargo van, if i could afford one, would be as close to purrfect, as a car for me.

i guess i've mentioned all that already though. one long enough i could streatch out full length to sleep in it
    and haul full size lumber to build things with if i had the land to build them on.

(but it would still be a better world if i didn't have to own land nor a car to do so)

16. 6-eyed shaman

That's nothing, this one came with a make-up kit dispenser!

1956 Dodge La Femme
    [​IMG]

It also came with a built in purse, an umbrella with matching rain boots and jacket, and more. The girliest car ever

MeAgain likes this.
  17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Nope import scene is alive and well and the Honda Civic remains one of the most popular cars in it. Even more so because all the people from 10 years ago have sold the car and the next young guy is getting a car with the work he wants done already taken care of. The style of that pic is not in fashion anymore though. The tail lights are from a different Japanese car from the factory and yes for a while everyone had cheap ebay knocks of those. And the front bumper would be known as "rice" among car people but I think you are using rice in the traditional derogatory way not the way we car people use it. Which is kind of how black people can use the n word we can say it you can't. Although not the same racial things lol.

We all have our interests, I had many fun times going slow in a Honda feeling like I was in a Ferrari with friends.

18. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

That's easy
    [​IMG]
    Where? WHERE is my nuclear Ford?!?!?!?!?!?

Eric! and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  19. 6-eyed shaman

You are right. Tuner culture is alive and well. The ricer stuff not so much. I have nothing against people who tune and mod their economy cars; if you know what you're doing, you can get them to go faster than stock Porsches. I just can't stand the cheap body kit and ugly aesthetics like spoiler wings that add more drag to the car and decreases performance.

One of my high school peers probably spent close to $20-30 grand of his parent's money modifying (ricing) his New Beetle that was given to him by his mom and dad. It was all spent on rims, several different paint jobs, body kits, a rear wing, black light interior, and sound systems. The only performance upgrade he did was the intake and exhaust. Nothing else. Some said it looked cool, but the fact it was a New Beetle made him look ridiculous.

Many years later, I saw that exact same beetle driving down the road by a young teenage girl. The body kit all cracked and banged up, and the headlight missing.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  20. MeAgain

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]