If you could have dinner with any four counterculture folks...

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by beachbum7, May 21, 2004.

1. Gabino

Gabino Member

I'd prefer not to have them over for dinner, since i don't really know any of them,

but i do like to listen to Dylan, Dennis Miller, Ann Coulter, and Isaac Asimov.

2. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

always be open to meeting new people...:p

3. Cloudminerva

Cloudminerva Member

I definitely know him. That would be a trippy dinner!

Ben.

4. waterlily5

waterlily5 Member

John Lennon, Einstein, Jesus (he seems like a nice guy and he can do his water-into-wine thing if we run out..:D ) There are so many more people I would invite but I can't pick just four out :-(

5. Psilodelix

Psilodelix Member

Leary

Lennon

Garcia

Alexander Sasha Shulgin
    (he's a real counterculture god to me, even though he stayed out of the movement)

6. blackisbeautiful

blackisbeautiful Member

i would probably choose john lennon, jimi hendrix, bob marley, and abbie hoffman

7. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

Hmmm. Jerry Garcia, Ken Kesey, John Lennon, Janis Joplin and Dr. Seuss.

8. Silverstar

Silverstar Member

and again Jim Morrison
    Jotie T'Hooft (Belgian poet -> I suggest you read his work)
    Sigmund Freud
    Rudolph Nurejev

love you all :)

9. freedbypeace

freedbypeace A Woman Left Lonely

Elvis, Janis Joplin, Shakespheare, (man I suck at spelling,) and Cleopatra

10. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

Miss_Tambourine_Girl Member

11. wildfire

wildfire Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

ok i have just a few months ago gotten into the 60's and i'm learning fast but it seems that i have only gotten in up to my knees so far and have thus to be completely submerged. i love this thread. i wrote down a list of names that i am going to go look up.

Frank Zappa- absolute genious music

Jim Morrison- haven't really heard much of the doors music but i love his quotes about freedom. i think that the man is brilliant.

Neal Cassady- .....................................I-uhhhhhhhh.....................bah............?.......................(speachless) (inhails deeply) wow!

Ken Kesey-one flew over the cuckoo's nest was amazing and as much as i loved kesey before after reading the electric kool aid acid test....him and the merry pranksters...i'm a big fan of their work...just amazing....he was like a jesus for heads.........wow

12. lover/young_peace

right on wildfire.... awesome blossom list you got there.
    I too think Jim Morrison was brilliant. Also an extremely moving singer. But take into account he was heavy on the drugs, specially alcohol. Many people dismiss his work because of his reputation, but i still think he is amazing. He has really intelligent theories.... Music is really groovy too. Wish I could hook you up with some "Best of the Doors"..... mmmm sweet sweet songs. sing it too me Jim! he was a great man, not too bad looking neither. Ironically today (July 3) is the 33rd anniversery of his death.... oOoOoOo... im having a bad day.

Ken Kesey.... i agree there too. hahaha.... I'm forced to take D.A.R.E. program this year (I dont know if you heard of it or not.... but its where a cop comes in and tells the kids drugs are scary and drug-users are monsters etc...)... so I plan to ask the cop, "Officer? Have you ever been a member of the Merry Pranksters? Are you aware that Tim Leary did enormous amounts of drugs and died happy in his bed at the age of 75??" i know its mean but i want to see what he says.... feel like terrorizing him whoa ooops sorry off topic...

hee hee hee ive forgetton the point of all this so rock on.....

13. Prisoner #6

Prisoner #6 Member

]Prof. Noam Chomsky-this could still at least concievably happen, he's still alive.

George Harrison-and we would definatelly have Indian food at the meal.

William S. Burroughs- (bring a junkie to dinner? Why not :rolleyes: ) Actually very funny and real person!

George Orwell-Another fan of Indian Food, great philosopher and author.

The conversation would be amusing, transcendental , sublime ,and thought provoking. It would be one of those conversations that lasts all night.! :)

14. wildfire

where i live absolutely everyone in my school smokes pot and everyone else around this general area does too. so to teachers dont really care so we've never had any of those people come to the school. but if they did....its time to give the narcos a friggen history lesson.

15. lover/young_peace

heh, where i live kids think you'll die from one joint.... maybe it's those classes they shove down our throat...?
    anyway, Jim Morrison is cool.... you seem cool too so rock on man! :)

~~~~~PEACE HIP FOLKS~~~~

16. SoFarAway

SoFarAway Friendly Fried Guy

Che Gueverra, Bill Maher, Lewis Black, Bob Marley...

17. wildfire

i used to go to a school like that where there might be a few groups of people that did drugs but most people thought that it would fry your brains and you'd be stupid and stuff. other than that it was the best school i'd been to. caught up behind a lota bullshit, but still a good school.

oh, and someone else, i've gotta add one more person to my list. george carlin. i don't think that he was really in the counter culture scene, but he is the best comedian. i agree with almost every word that comes out of this mans mouth.

18. ~piscean]-[delusions

~piscean]-[delusions Member

Timothy Leary
    Terrance McKenna
    Ken Kesey
    Hunter S. Thompson

sharing an experience with any one of those four would be so enlightening.

19. jimi morrison

jimi morrison Member

Jack Kero(UAC) was not part of the counterculture,
    anyway-morrison,bob dylan,hendrix,lennon,janis,jesus

20. jimi morrison

jimi morrison Member

once again Aldous Huxley not counterculture but great author (doors of perception,a brave new world)