If You Could Choose Your Afterlife

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by lunarflowermaiden, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You want to spend eternity on an acid trip? Sounds exhausting.

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I would choose heaven, not reincarnation cause reincarnation is just another life which will again end...while heaven is everlasting life of your soul in peace with God. And that is what I want - to be united with the Creator.

3. Levi

If the Southern Baptists and the Mormons are going to heaven, then no thanks. They'll be eternally knocking on each other's heavenly doors. If Jerry Falwell is there, I choose reincarnation.:leaving:

My relatives who have passed on visit me in my dreams a lot.

Intuitively, I believe in reincarnation.

I think that the goal of reincarnationtion is to get to paradise, though. So, in a way, I choose both.

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Do they talk to you in your dreams ?

5. Levi

Yes, they talk to me in my dreams. Mostly it's my maternal grandparents.

6. Levi

I had a dream that my grandmother described the afterlife to me. I am not joking. She said that she had gone to a beautiful place and that she wasn't sick anymore and she was happy and at peace. She said that it was lovely and she was reunited with her family.

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

That is beautiful ! Comforting...

8. Levi

About two weeks ago I also dreamed that my grandpa introduced me to his dead brother. They were here to attend a funeral. My cousin (who is only 37) is in hospice. I think maybe it was for her. Everyone but me was dead, I think, but they were behaving as if they were alive, you know? It was not scary and it wasn't sad.

I remember now. I had that dream on New Year's Eve in the very room where my grandpa passed away, at my aunt's house.

9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Is your cousin ok ?

10. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

Hehe, but who said it would be an acid trip? Then again, it would be even more exhausting if it wasn't because there would be no end to it [​IMG]!

11. Levi

No.

I know this is OT, but I'll tell you. About 13 years ago a coworker of my cousins and aunt shot them all in the head. The only one who died was my cousin's 7-yr-old daughter. Everyone else is still walking around with bullets in their heads. 5 people, I think.

The cousin who is in hospice has lead poisoning and cancer from the bullet. Her child died in the shooting and her husband died last year. Now she's in hospice.

I think that the shooter should be charged in her death, too. He put the bullet that poisoned her there.

I am going to make sure that if he is ever up for parole, I am there letting them know why he shouldn't get out.

If I could choose his afterlife? It would be serving them for all eternity. Asshole.

12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Oh my God...that is horrible.
    I cant believe someone would do something like that.
    I hope the bastard spends his life alone in prison, without any happiness.
    He is going to be judged, I am sure. In this life and then again after his death.

13. ChrisGriffin

ChrisGriffin Member

I actually want to be reincarnated after I die. If I'm famous, I'd like to have another life similar to what I already lived. If there's no such thing as reincarnation, I'd definitely want to be in Heaven, I try to be the best person I can be. Besides that, even though I don't want to die anytime soon, I'm anxious to meet God.

14. SlydeHippie

SlydeHippie Banned

Dude, you're only 14. The very basis of life, you are still an adolescent, as am I.
    But I'm saying you can't exactly say

"I'd like to have another life similar to what I already lived."

because you have not yet live one.

I personally would like Heaven, but not the Judeo/Christian view of Heaven. True Heaven, with True G-d. What that is?

Only the pure will know.

15. ChrisGriffin

ChrisGriffin Member

I know that but I'm saying if I live a good life & I got reincarnated, I'd like to have a similar life to that. Besides, it's very rare that I even think about this stuff.

16. SlydeHippie

SlydeHippie Banned

It's alright bro, I meant no harm.

Some people just don't like to exercise their minds, and that's fine. I choose to not live life ignorant though, I like to know.

17. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I've heard this before....I cant remeber where....

18. RyJa

RyJa Member

My own little Paradise...I have in my mind the type of place I'd like to go after I die...
    I would have said reincarnation, however with the way the world is going, why would I want to come back?

19. maddhatter

maddhatter Senior Member

it would be cool if in heaven there were all the drugs you wanted available for free, and there was no health risks involved. if that was an option i'd choose that. of course i'd still want friends, and family to be there.

20. Ayzcrava

Ayzcrava Member

Wow only 9 people that are not me do not want an afterlife? I'd rather just not be when I die, because I wouldn't know I didn't exist anymore, so it wouldn't matter. Seems rather easy.