If You Could Choose Your Afterlife

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by lunarflowermaiden, Apr 4, 2007.

1. jango

jango Member

i think that your afterlife is all the great and beautiful things that you hav collected over your lifetime and then they are put togeher to make the mst beautiful place with all your favorite things and all the ppl you love.

2. maddhatter

maddhatter Senior Member

i wouldn't say its reincarnation, cause you'll never figure it out. its just a bit more complicated, and i cant put it into words. so i hope of reincarnation, although a heaven would be neat.

3. jneil

jneil Member

I will spend eternity in the Summerlands.

4. peacechicka1

peacechicka1 Member

Im not really sure. I voted Heaven, but would I want to stay there forever? I think I would get tired and rebel myself outta there. So...perhaps I would want to be reincarnated, but I wouldnt want to be stuck in a shitty life. lol

5. A_Lonely_Road

A_Lonely_Road Member

I agree. :)

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I'd like to reincarnate into a spoiled housepet :) that's the life!

7. Heaven_Sent

Heaven_Sent Member

I don't know how I'd feel about reincarnation--I'd rather just have an eternity of peace and perfect happiness

8. SummerEco

SummerEco Member

this is what i believe...
    " I not scared of dying because I'm prepared for death. Because I don't believe in it, I think its just getting out of one car and onto another" --John Lennon

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You don't believe in death?

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

when i want fantasy, i want something i've never even immagined, let alone heard of, and i'm not talking about differences of degree either. i will be very disappointed in any afterlife that does not exceed even that. and i have little fear of being disappointed.

=^^=
    .../\...

11. Hibiscusparadiseyogi

Hibiscusparadiseyogi Member

Well I would choose paradise whether that would be in heaven or in reincarnation.

12. cogliostro

cogliostro Sir Psycho Sexy

I wanna come back as a killer whale.

13. broony

broony Banned

I vote for heaven/paradise for one reason only. I want to see my family again.

14. SummerEco

SummerEco Member

okay i believe in leaving one "life" and entering another, so yes "death" but not "death" as in that being your last time of existance, you leave this journey to enter another journey-- in a way like reincarnate but sort of a different concept. :) hope that answered your question..

15. Death_to_Frosty

Death_to_Frosty Member

I voted heaven because I'd like to relax the rest of my life in my own paradise. But I wouldn't mind reincarnation, I'd like to take another swing at life. I just wouldn't want to be anything other than a human.

16. Asmodean

Yeah but with reincarnation you start again as a child. Not exactly what happens if you switch cars (generally) :D

17. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

I think reincarnation because you could see the world in many aspects, but lunar flower you have a good point since you wouldn't remember your past life.

18. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

If heaven is a place where youcan not be unhappy then that's where I want to be going. If it's just some golden kingdom on the clouds it would be boring after a few years and I'd rather choose to be reincarnated.

19. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

I see a lot voted for reincarnation, and I almost did too. However, I do not want to be spending all eternity on this earth (no offense to those who do!) I'm curious to see what happens next, past this realm of our reality.

"For death is either one of two things: either a state of nothingness and utter unconscious; or, as men say, a change and migration of the soul from this world to another.......Now if death be of such a nature [state of nothingness and uncoscious] I say that to die is to gain; for eternity is then only a single night. But if death is the journey to another place, and there, as men say, all the dead abide, what good can be greater than this?" - Socratese, written by Plato from "The Repbublic"

20. Asmodean

That's a great quote! :)

I suppose that if there's a thing like reincarnation, there isn't another world to spend another conscious life. Reincarnation would probably be ment to eventually reach the light and 'live' in the end in unconscious bliss in or be part of heaven/light/god.