If You Cloned Yourself ...

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by Duncan, May 25, 2004.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

... are you certain that it would have the exact same sexual orientation and turn ons ?

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

im pretty sure almost everything would turn him on too:eek:

3. Southernman

Southernman Boarischer Rebell

Two of me would be to much for this planet.
    About the exact same sexual orientation and turn ons I'm not shure. May be, if only the genetic things would count, but in my opinion even lerning by trying and making experiences, the social environment and other factors count. What I mean is, you can make a clone from one single cell, get a brain in the final product, but nothing of that, what's in the original brain, thoughts, memories, fantasies and so on.

4. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

And don't forget about the Spirit or the Soul!

Would another Spirit claim the cloned body for it's very own... or, would part of your own soul split off and occupy the clone?

Or.... Gasp! Would the physical body of the clone be Souless and bereft of spirit?

5. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Good questions, Sam...I've often wondered about those things too when thinking about the human cloning issue...

6. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

If a physical body can be replicated, can't a spirit be replicated. Personally I think the spirit would be completely different since a spirit metamorphs with each incarnation.

7. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I'd be too busy warning the rest of the world about my clone to be concerned about such things...

8. Envy

Envy Member

A clone of me would be just as confused as me I suppose.

I recently came to the conclusion that I'm bi, though a clone of me might not know that.

9. Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow Electrical Banana

I don't think a spirit can be cloned, that's something we own by definition...

I think we're all bi to some extent (though genetics plays some part in this). It is our experiences that determine which way we go. If I hadn't found such a cool life partner who happens to be a woman, who knows?

10. Willow_Jon

Willow_Jon Banned

I would hope that a clone of me would turn out betterthan i , having a blue print to work from already !

11. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I'm going to say no--

Sure, the raw material may start the same but it's the experiences, traumas, and the people who surrounded me; played roles in my developmental stage show that made the chisel marks that rendered the formless id into the sculptured soul that is me. Sure, clone the individual- but can you clone the circumstances?