If you can think demographically, you are an enlightened human.

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Jan 17, 2019.

1. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I live in a Christian country on a Christian continent.

Why would you even want me to discuss a religion that has so few adherents in our areas?

If you keep up your personal garbage, I will ignore you. Grow up.

Regards
    DL

2. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

You need to look at reality and recognize how little the majority matters.

Regards
    DL

3. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Because you say so many nasty things about conventional Christianity, but say so little about your small cult, which has so few adherents in any areas. (There's a reason for that). You profess maturity, but mostly practice name calling, which is childish.

4. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Indeed. Inquisitions and murders at the hands of those you wish me leave be.

Strange that you promote murderers over their victims.

Regards
    DL

5. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Ah, reality!. Seems you, like all of us limited humans, only see a very narrow slice. Your slice seems narrower than many I come across.

However, I said elsewhere, I am not interested in video posting made by you to support, as you see it, your views. If you have something to say, say it in your own words or don't bother. The Latter option is one I'd seriously consider.

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

You're a bit out of touch. Still living in the past. The last killing by the Inquisiton was in nearly two centuries ago. Figures you'd like Brigitte Gabriel. Her shrill bigotry sounds much like your own. "Fantastic", as in "Based on fantasy; not real". As I understand the argument, she seems to be saying that even though the vast majority of a group or category is peaceful and good, the minority that isn't can cause trouble. That is true, but a nonsensical non sequitor as a defense for holding a majority of Muslims responsible for the activities of a minority of extremists. That's demagogue's "logic".

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    BlackBillBlake likes this.
  7. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

I choose not to converse with you if you’re going to be disrespectful.

8. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

You are the one out of date.

What are these if not a tamer inquisition and abuse of people?

African witches and Jesus
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr6gvtYrga8

Brain Washing ( Jesus Camp ''Highlights'' )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac

Death to Gays.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyuKLyGUHNE

Go ahead and support out vile mainstream religions all you like. I refuse to.

Regards
    DL

McFuddy likes this.
  9. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I refuse to give respect to those who do not earn it.

Regards
    DL

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Witches? Really? Here again, you dredge up atypical cases to tar an entire religion. What do Africans have to do with American, European, or Asian Chrisitans? Witchcraft fears figured prominently in African traditional cultures and were carried over when they became Christians. No Christians I know believe in them. As for brain washing at Jesus camp, that again is limited to a particular kind of Christianity, namely conservative Evangelical fundamentalists. Your cult perfected brainwashing for adults.

“Mighty I am presence”! charge me with the fulness of the ascended masters’ divine love! release all its qualities and attributes of perfection into dynamic action through me and my world at all times.

“Mighty I am presence”! charge me and my world with the pure electronic substance from the unfed flame in its cosmic activity of the ascended masters’ consciousness eternally sustained.

“Mighty I am presence,” great cosmic beings, great host of ascended masters! stand guard over me and my world forever; prevent any irritation from ever acting again! charge me with such almighty ascended master self-control, that only ascended master perfection can ever register within me, my world and all to whom my thought is directed and keep it eternally sustained." etc. Sound familiar?

Again, Christian attitudes toward gays vary enormously. By repeating the same fallacious arguments, you demonstrate the adage that the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

11. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

They all read from the same vile book and end in adoring a genocidal son murdering God that they can somehow see as good.

Regards
    DL

12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

But they read the book very differently, some literally, some historically-metaphorically.

13. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

The same result. Adoration of a genocidal S.O. B. that they somehow see as good.

Regards
    DL

14. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Ok great

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Yahweh is "genocidal" only if the Torah is taken literally, which many Christians don't. I regard it as, not the word of God, but the words of men seeking God and pursuing a variety of different, sometimes conflicting, agendas. It should be taken seriously but not literally. (Marcus Borg, Reading the Bible Again for the First Time) It provides an indispensable context for understaning Jesus, His time, and His mission.

16. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Well, 70% of Christians say they believe in a real literal Satan and nearly 100% of Christians say that they believe in a real literal Jesus.

So your "many" is thus refuted.

As to Jesus' mission, whatever it was, was a dismal failure.

Regards
    DL

17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Hmmmmm. Where did I used the word "many"? If you're referring to the passage you just quoted, it doesn't say anything about "many' anything. The only place I recall using the word "many" in the threads on this page was in Post # 43, where I said " you say so many nasty things about conventional Christianity". I stand by that statement. .So my "many" isn't refuted. It seems to be your "many'. Are you trying to put words in my mouth? If you're referring to some other passage of mine, you should quote it, so that we know the context. But let's assume somebody said something about "many" Christians. I infer from your remarks that you think it had something to do with their beliefs in the Bible as literal truth. Catholic and Orthodox Christians, who together make up more than three-fifths of Christians worldwide, have never been biblical literalists, but believe instead that the Holy Spirit works to guide the Church as to the true meaning of Scripture. I think most Christians, including myself, believe that Jesus was a real historical figure, and most believe He was the Son of God in some sense. So what? As for Satan, research published by the Center for Research on the Apostolate at Georgetown University found that only 17% of Catholics (the teachings of their Church to the contrary) believe that Satan is a "living being", Only 21% of “other Christian affiliated” individuals believe that Satan is a living being. That 70% figure that you tout refers to a real but not a literal Satan.; 4 out of 10 (40%) strongly agreed that Satan “is not a living being but is a symbol of evil”.

Most US Christians don\'t believe Satan, Holy Spirit really exist
    What, the Devil? – Catholic World Report
    Americans More Likely to Believe in God Than the Devil, Heaven More Than Hell
    60% of American Christians Don't Believe in the Actual Reality of Satan

So you don't know what the mission of Jesus was, but you conclude it was a failure? Why is that? And you've said on another thread you were a Gnostic Christian? Are you saying then that the Gnostic Jesus was a failure? If so, why do you continue to use that misleading label?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  18. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Okie

Do not ask again. I lose respect easily when I begin to see too many flaws.

"Yahweh is "genocidal" only if the Torah is taken literally, which many Christians don't."

Regards
    DL

19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Thanks for adding the passage you were complaining about. So I just explained that "many" Christians don't literally believe in passages from the Old Testament. Many :"consisting of or amounting to a large but indefinite number ." BTW, I don't give a rats ass about your respect.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    McFuddy and Asmodean like this.
  20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol yeah, what a threat :D