If you can think demographically, you are an enlightened human.

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Jan 17, 2019.

1. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

If you can think demographically, you are an enlightened human.

My God told me so by choosing me when I troubled myself to find him.

In Gnostic Christianity, God is seen as a point in this graphic. Think God above God ad infinitum.

That fractal situation where religious and scientific sides are both residing.

The big question is; is God a supernatural or natural entity.

Thinking demographically is an attribute that all Gods must have, be he a human or a divine supernatural entity.

If this is true, and knowing we have demographers galore, should we not have them advise us on the best possible ends to some of our problems, as their knowledge and skills, give them a unique view of the world. Any chart is better than Trump the Twerp.

I do not know if the Great American Twerp is a plant by Russia or the Democratic oligarchs, but I thank whoever is pulling his strings for him as he is doing the middle class, that is left leaning, a huge long term benefit.

All Hail The Great American Twerp for making the left leaning America Great Again for real.

Regards
    DL

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You shouldn't judge people if you're a Christian, it's literally one sin that is echoed through all the readings and scripture. It also seems to be the one sin Christians don't pay any attention too, but it'll land you in hell. :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  3. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

So You told you that thinking demographically is a good thing, is a good thing? Well alrighty then. May your thinking be blessed I suppose

I would tell I & You & you that it is neither. The action of thinking demographically can be either good or bad.

It can also be acutely misleading......due to it's inherently subjective nature.......

Hmm I wonder has there ever been such a thing as a humble god? I can only think of one but that's off topic so & still technically debatable so yeah.............

Peace n' love
    RH

4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Maybe if you could stop thinking altogether whilst retaining full consciousness you might be edging slightly toward 'enlightenment'.

Okiefreak and Running Horse like this.
  5. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

If you do not judge, you are not following scriptures.

Gen3;22 Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil;

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Scriptures are clear that all must judge what is sin as that is how you learn to recognize it and avoid it.

Regards
    DL

6. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Retaining full consciousness would have to include thinking for the consciousness to know of itself.

Because of this fact, I thumbs your idea as unlikely.

Regards
    DL

7. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Thanks for the blessing buddy. I need all the positive energy I can get.

Humble is for the sheep and I am a sheep dog nipping at the humble but deadly to the innocent Christian heels.

If your God just wants you to be a sheep, enjoy the nip.

If the biblical characters were real, Satan would be the only humble Goddess because as the Great teacher, she must have that trait to teach it. Satan is Sophia. Wisdom was personified in the name ( Sophia ), that Gnostic Christians use.

She is within us all, as we all start off from reproduction as female.

You are mostly right in your thinking; but wrong in thinking that the facts we end in accepting as facts, cannot be seen as objective, even as you being correct that they come from a subjective point of view.

That subjective point of view is backed by a person who is deciding to thing of it as objective.
    Gnostic Christians do that in choosing the best rules and laws to live by. Some define that as God, and in a sense, it is.

Regards
    DL

8. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

ftfy

Running Horse and GreatestIam like this.
  9. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Psalms 25:9 He guides the humble in what is right & teaches them His way.

Proverbs 18:12 Before a downfall the heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.

Proverbs 11:2 When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.

Matthew 23:12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, & those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Luke 14:11 For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, & those who humble themselves will be exalted

Philippians 2:5-8 In your relationships with one & another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. & being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death - even death on a cross!

The bible seems to indicate, both in the Old & New, that humility is something we should strive for. It even goes to show Christ's humility as a target to be aimed for. Seeing as your rightness is the cornerstone holding the idea you espoused in the creation of this thread up.... Please explain to me how you would reconcile your views with scripture, that same scripture you would seem, at least superficially to cleave to.

As to the subjective vs objective. No person, no matter their level of intellect has proven their subjective ideals as objectively true. Your ideals cannot be backed up logically, rather, not as far as I can tell.

P.S. To any mods who take note of this post; I seek not to proselytize with these scriptures I've quoted, only to reach a better understanding of the underlying thought processes of the OP. If this is still unacceptable, even in this context, kindly let me know.

Thanks
    RH

ZenKarma and McFuddy like this.
  10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I think Jesus' injunction to "Judge not , lest ye be judged" (Matthew 7:1) applies to judging other people, not in distinguishing what is good from what is evil. "Love the sinner, hate the sin, as the saying goes". Having good judgement is central to effective human existence.

McFuddy, BlackBillBlake and Lynnbrown like this.
  11. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

That's your idea and perhaps your experience, but not the experience of long term meditators, or the teachings of many mystical schools, You confuse mind and consciousness it seems. But the animal with no rational mind at all is aware just like you and me.

12. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Interesting quotes on honor and duty as they would pertain to God and his sheep.

They see honor in genocide and Gods who would rather kill than cure. Satanic monsters.

Ya, ya. Lets all run to those people to have them teach us their morals. They are really exemplary.

Eh. No thanks.

Regards
    DL

13. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

What are you to judge on if not the overall god or evil in other people?

I think that your quotes are just another way of reminding us that reciprocity, the Golden Rule, applies.

We judge a million things a day and at it's simplest, we see all things as good or evil. That includes all the people around us if only indirectly.

The bible is just telling us to do what we cannot help but do. It just asks us to judge justly.

I do and that is why I condemn the mainstream religions.

Regards
    DL

14. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I confuse nothing so far. I just see it a tad differently. This following will show what I mean. We are close but just not quite kissing yet.

Gnostic Jesus was questioned as to what sees the vision?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/maps/primary/mary.html

The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'

For where the mind is, there is the treasure.

Christianity does not quite agree, wording wise, with us.

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The treasure is in you and all you know enters you through your mind and consciousness. The mind is more of where the treasure is than the heart. It creates the melding with the Godhead.

I confess that I have only gone telepathic twice and that that is a requirement of connection with what the theists would call God and I just call a cosmic consciousness that is a part of nature. There is nothing supernatural in modern Gnostic Christianity.

Regards
    DL

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Jesus is telling us that precisely because we are not God and cannot know all of the circumstances leading to another person's thoughts and actions, we can't judge their ultimate standing in the sight of God. we can judge whether or not that person broke the rules and therefore must be subject to social correction. That's the job of judges. A good parent disciplines children, but without hating them. And there are extreme cases, like Nazis, serial killers, and Trump, who put this non-judgmental principle to the test. But ultimately, it works to our own benefit not to be consumed by hatred for fellow human beings.

16. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

This is not correct.

We can know that God would plan for the best possible end of all life. Not that such a God exists given what we know as facts.

If you start with the obviously wrong assumption, as you just did, all else that follows is likely to need adjusting.

Regards
    DL

17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

When most people think demographically, they're thinking about the statistical study of human populations, such as size. density, distribution, and vital statistics. You seem to have something else in mind. And what a bold statement to declare that "If you can think demographically, you are an enlightened man". How cryptic. Cool images, but what are we to make of them? God is seen as what point on what graph? Just as there's a fine line between genius and insanity, there's also a fine but clear line between profundity and obscurity. What side of the line are you on?

Your response makes no sense. I respect the wisdom of Gandhi in defending non-violence in the satyagraha because imperfect men have no right to judge other imperfect men. I find that we are all such sinners that it is better to leave the judging to God."

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  18. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Would a God create for the best possible end, of for less than the best possible end?

Answer that and it will all make sense.

Regards
    DL

19. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Mostly the way you put it but I do not exclude any statistic as generally speaking, they all have an effect on each other.

In this link I gave somewhere ------

If you think of the last bubble graph as a finite demographic system, taking even the smallest bubble out changes all the stats by a small margin.

Regards
    DL

20. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

On the God WIP side.

What side are you on?

Regards
    DL