If you ad 5 years to live, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Unknown American, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

Suppose you knew that you were going to die within 5 years.

How or why you are going to die is not important. What is important is that you have 5 years or less to live.

You have unlimited financial resources. Money is not a factor.

What would you do? Would you try to make an impact on the world? Where would you go and how would you spend your last 5 years living on the earth plain.

I am sure this has been asked in some way before.

But with resent things going on in my own life I find myself asking many questions.

Just no answers.

2. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

unlimited money? well i'd travel the world and help starving people to develop their land so they could farm it again and live... take my kids with me so they could learn too and see what doing good does for everyone.

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I would relax and try to enjoy life. Spend some time with friends, travel a bit, but eventually settle down somewhere nice in solitude close to when I'm supposed to die so that I could die alone and peacefully.

Nothing too complicated.

I sure as hell wouldn't try to save the world or help something or so.

4. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

5 years with unlimited money is easy to know what to do.

But I'd be spending a LOT of cash.

Charities , scientific research , media companies.
    I'd wanna build a city state from scratch somewhere.Like a huge social experiment
    Constantly on the move.

Then I'd do cultural things , writing , a band.Architecture.
    I'd probably explore Taoist arts and similar stuff , and some new hobbies.

Oh and finally research cryogenics
    Well , no harm hedging your bets eh!

:D

I can't understand people who have say 10 billion and still sit in the office til they die..

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I would probably be the same,do the same....I would be in a nicer house though

6. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Well I honestly think it's very possible I'll be dead in 5 years so.. I don't think I'd do anything differently..

7. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

well I'll be dead in 4 years, when I'm 27. like all geniuses.

8. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

deep sea diving

and buy enough nuclear weapons to blow the world up - they'll be set to launch as soon as i die

9. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

First, I would buy up the Amazon and all other untouched ecosystems to protect them. Second, I would add charcoal to soil around the world to eliminate global warming and starvation. Third, I would travel the world with family and friends and try to experience as much as possible.

10. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

I'd probably continue with my exams, go do two a levels instead of four, go to university. But I'd probably cram so I'd also do various other things - I'd do guitar, learn more languages properly and make a film. :D

Oh yeah and I'd definitely get a proper games console and a mac. And I'd like seamonkeys.

11. CaptainLS

CaptainLS Banned

I'd kill as many people as possible

12. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

I'd unite a few tribes and go from a few raiders and plunderers to a Great Heathen Army and finally form a kingdom :)

and marry a Swedish princess :)

then die in battle before the 5 years is up :)

13. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

I would go about starting a corporation that would change the word in a meaningful way

first off, sea colonies, not just modified cruiseships, but actual, large scale, cities, that would float mid ocean, they would desalinate the water for the city, and generate power using the ocean currents

fund private nature preserves, choosing them in seeking out biological diversity, not contiguity, or specific locations

I would start an endowment to support all of these, and more projects to be managed by someone I trusted, and loved, and believed had an agenda, and scope of vision similar to my own, such that they would continue my legacy

I would become a proponent of web2.0 timeshared computing

I would invest in CUDA processor\desktop supercomputer technologies, hoping to make them sufficiently affordable that games would start being written for them, and that it was realistic for a consumer to own one for such a frivolous purpose.

I would buy congress, and the senate and start making policy

I would seek out the woman who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, build an enormous hobbit hole home, and start a small vineyard so that my family could have something like that.

and I would change the economy in a very meaningful way (in part via my ownership of the bicameral congress of the u.s., companies don't get to be "too big to fail" anymore.)

14. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

I'd travel more considering I'd have the money to do so..

I'd drop out of school that's for sure, get a house on the bay, get a nice boat, spend my nights sitting on the beach drinking wine

15. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Nice...:D

16. TyeDyeChild

TyeDyeChild Member

id buy a huge ass piece of land and just make it a giant hostel for hitchikers, any1 aloud in and out, and i would probably just travel the world with my best friends...and see the world, and just you know, meet pple, and pretty much live life out

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i would erect a 200 foot tall statue of my nude self in central park. i would then build a series of 10 pyramids, one of which would contain my tomb, the others certain death. then i would travel the world sleeping with exotic hookers until my time came.

18. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

not nude........ in your underwear!

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

ingenious! :cheers2:

although this would mean there is no chance of an innocent bystander being crushed to death when the 30 foot penis breaks off... tough decision...

20. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

i'd have sex in fifty states in fifty days,
    i'd go to as many National Parks as Possible,
    and i'd wanna see Primus one last time