If we could do lightspeed...

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Mandykepp, May 24, 2019.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Its all based on 12,000 year old potty humor the computers are about to spit out in elaborate detail, and then anyone who wants can blow this popsicle stand. Bring your own towel.

2. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The amount of energy it would take to reach light speed approaches infinity.

3. Mandykepp

Mandykepp Banned

That’s why the “if we could”... must still be able to look to the stars and dream, no?

4. wooleeheron

Although it is impossible to reach absolute zero temperature, there is a lower temperature which is actually infinite that has been measured. Energy is not the issue, but how energy and information exchange identities, with some quantum systems being 125% efficient. What is required is the specific singularity which describes how the laws of nature and the human mind and brain can express the lowest possible energy state of the complete system, which can occupy any higher energy state faster.

Bizarre though it might sound, physicists have just figured out how to make ice cubes without expending any energy, and there is enough more coming to make everyone go cross-eyed. Forget about Newton, he was an Alchemist who tasted his mercury once too often. Relativity has turned out to express the same mathematics as thermodynamics, and how nothing can ever be too hot or too cold.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Planet is still here, we are just destroying the stuff we need to survive. Thus destroying us

A million years from now, planet will still be here, we wont. Planet wont care we arent here

6. I mentioned this to my buddy the other day. His truck is like, 500 horsepower or something (I know dick about cars) and he was cranking it. It was intense enough...light speed is just ridiculous. I think anyone traveling at that speed would start screaming.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Incorrect, you are basically saying light has infinite energy

8. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

Nicola Tesla said " If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration". If space exploration is your focus then I've always believed this is the key to going further than immediate celestial targets such as the Moon or perhaps Mars.
    I know there are those who say we don't know what Tesla meant by that , it's true we don't , someday I hope we proceed to find out. I believe Tesla was onto something with this but human life is too short and his ideas were too big for his tiny space and time on Earth.

9. wooleeheron

The first researcher I know of is attempting to describe music in terms of phase transitions such as those found in matter. Modern music theory revolves around what's missing from this picture, the silences between the notes, and assuming everything obeys particle-wave duality then you can use the analogy of everything being waves to provide the differentials to describe things, but you still require the integrals (quanta) that Tesla so conveniently chose to ignore. Being a western engineer and scientist, he was a romantic who preferred to ignore the know facts as often as they did not support his reality.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

Irminsul likes this.
  11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying for us to achieve light speed would require infinite energy.

"As an object approaches the speed of light, its mass rises precipitously. If an object tries to travel 186,000 miles per second, its mass becomes infinite, and so does the energy required to move it. For this reason, no normal object can travel as fast or faster than the speed of light."

What if you traveled faster than the speed of light?

Asmodean and Irminsul like this.
  12. wooleeheron

NASA is currently developing their own warp drive, so I suggest you protest they are wasting tax payer dollars.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

A new warp drive. Yep. That'll get me faster internet. :rolleyes:

Orison and tumbling.dice like this.
  14. wooleeheron

They've already tested the engine and it appears to work well enough they are developing it further at enormous expense and expect it to be ready in perhaps 50 years. Without a theory of everything they are taking pot shots in the dark and limping along as best they can, refusing to admit in the slightest the implications of quantum mechanics. My works indicates their engine could be enormously more efficient if they had any real clue what they are doing.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

That's why we need to get the F out of here! :D

16. Mandykepp

Mandykepp Banned

Yup
    We’ll never find a better home than earth.. we owe our existence to this planet, and can’t just pack up and go somewhere better. Men are always so sure something better is just out of sight around the corner....

17. Asmodean

Not so, hence my :D

But i agree with you we need to invest in the possibilities. And that the chance is likely there's nothing better for us then earth (in its unraped state)

18. Mandykepp

Mandykepp Banned

But if we can change our ways and stop and fix the damage we’ve done to our home, why look for another place to mess up just as bad. If you were a landlord and some dudes who had just trashed a place wanted to live in your house and said they just needed another shot (even though they could fix the place they trashed if they put some effort in), would you let them move in???
    I think we are explorers, but we should give up the idea of abandoning earth for greener pastures

19. Mandykepp

Mandykepp Banned

Love your avatar btw!!! So cute

20. Asmodean

Well, messing the new place up just as bad shouldn't be a prime objective :p ;)

I agree, that shouldn't be the main idea behind it. But that we are explorers is a good enough reason on itself imo. And it's smart to develop alternative options.
    But certainly not at the expense of dealing responsibly with our homeworld. Which indeed may be the only natural environment we can live in, and it certainly is so for now and the next century (probably longer and maybe forever until we as a species perish).

But to me both going environmentally friendly and investing in space exploration (and exploitation) is extremely worthy.