If Trump were to be impeached...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deidre, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I heard on the news that Trump stands a good chance of being impeached this year. If that happens, is the US ready for a Pence presidency? Two very different extremes.

Thoughts?

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Not going to happen.
    2024 CNN will say "We finally got Trump out"..

machinist and GeorgeJetStoned like this.
  3. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

The one thing that is so often missing in all of these calls for impeachment is the very simple question, What has he done that requires impeachment?

I hear a lot about what an asshole he is and how he pisses people off, but so far I have not heard a genuine charge that would make an impeachment work.

4. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I think they're going by the Russian situation with the election. An advisor close to Trump highly recommended him to get strong legal counsel, so there might be something to it. I don't know.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

1 year, 71 days, 6 hours, 54 minutes and 59 seconds

[​IMG]

6. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

Trump aimt getting impeached.

7. GeorgeJetStoned

Obama and the democrats had far more direct communication with the Russians than Trump. Nothing happened, nothing will.

OneSwellFoop likes this.
  8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Pence creeps me out even worse than Trump

Trump doesnt have any morals and Pence has uptight religious morals that he wants to inject into secular law. Which is worse?

scratcho and Deidre like this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh and 10 bucks says if Trump doesnt do anything to catch an obstruction of justice charge first, they'll get him for money laundering eventually

snowtiggernd, Lynnbrown and scratcho like this.
  10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Not sure what you're talking about, so I googled it. I also googled 'Obama colluded' and got this article as one of the results. I find it somewhat disturbing that you don't think Trump has to take any responsibility for his infidelities. Yes, Obama Mishandled Russia's Election Hacking. But So Has Trump

I honestly don't know if he should be impeached or not. But I don't like the way he's running the country, and I feel like that counts for something.

11. GeorgeJetStoned

But it doesn't actually. "Feelings" don't matter in this case or Maxine Waters would have had Trump out of office long ago.

The issue I was speaking of was the open mic Obama was caught on giving assurances to Medvedev that AFTER the election (2012) he'd have more flexibility. Obama knew he was going to win. And it didn't take a free psychotic reading to predict it.

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Here's a nice excerpt about impeachment.

Presidential Impeachment: The Legal Standard and Procedure - FindLaw

I think we're hopping mad and rightfully so. The president clearly doesn't take his job or the citizens of this country very seriously, yet he claims to have our interests at heart when he starts a trade war, tweets to fire someone, or tries to throw out NAFTA. Not good! :confounded:

From the same article... farther down the page.

13. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

This is what I've been thinking. If you are religious, that's fine, but it's not fine if you want to impose your views on the general public and influence laws with them. Which I think he would do, he has talked about his ideas on the public school system having intelligent design/creationism taught as part of the science curriculum.

shoeless joe and scratcho like this.
  14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Much will depend on how the 2018 election turns out. If the Democrats take the House, it's a good bet Trump will be impeached. At the moment, the grounds are, so far, thin: Violations of the emoluments clause by continuing to own such real estate as the Trump International Hotels and other properties which foreign dignitaries frequent, possible obstruction of justice charges related to the firing of FBI director Comey, possible violations of federal election law in attorney Cohen's payment of $130,000 to Stormy Daniels, and whatever else the Mueller investigation might turn up, if anything. Impeachment is simply bringing the charge(s), and the grounds are "treason, bribery or other high crimes or misdemeanors." As President Ford used to say when he was Republican minority leader, "misdemeanors", from a practical standpoint, is whatever can command a majority vote in the House. But conviction and removal would require a two-thirds vote of the Senate in a trial presided over by Chief Justice Roberts. Only two Presidents (Andrew Johnson and Clinton) have been impeached in the history of the U.S., and none have ever been removed. Unless there is real dynamite in the Mueller report, I doubt that Trump will be convicted either.

Eric! likes this.
  15. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

How can a country operate when the elected representatives act like a bunch or petulant children who have had their sweets taken away.

Trump obviously had a dream of returning America to some of it's former glory, but since his election, both his own and the opposition parties have been creating distraction after distraction. All at the cost of the taxpayer, where one days security for Trump costs more than we spend in a year for the entire UK government.

Wanting to have a good relationship with Russia, Trump started of on the right foot with them. THAT WAS WRONG.

He threatened North Korea. THAT WAS WRONG.

When they saw sense, he wanted to kiss and make up with Kim Jon THAT WAS WRONG.

To level the playing field, he proposed taxing steel imports. THAT WAS WRONG.

How the Russians could have altered the outcome of counting a vote is beyond me. People put a cross on their voting papers, put it in a box and it is counted. If some past idiots decided to computerize the system, send data over the internet and remove the ability to audit the voting papers. THAT REALLY WAS WRONG. But Trump did not install the rigged system, which has clearly been used in the past.

I have a simple suggestion.
    Take away all their security, fancy cars and helicopters. Close all their offices and let them work from home. Their are plenty of abandoned houses to chose from when they all move to DETROIT.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

but don't they say that every year about every president? the entire purpose of the news is to exaggerate everything. that's why every upcoming storm is going to be the worst ever, and every year there is an evil flu that kills everyone that no one has ever met, and there's a race war going on as we speak, and etc.

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  17. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Being impeached only means he'll go to trial. He'll have to be convicted of something to be removed from office.

So, impeachment doesn't automatically mean Trump's out, Pence is in.

18. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

You don’t honestly believe he has any chance for reelection in 2020 but let’s say that he does, If he democrats were take control over the house & senate in November
    there’s a 95% probability that the impeachment proceeding would commence as early as February 2019

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

cnn kool aid does not compute beep beep..

20. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

It's amazing how many people still don't know the definition of the word Impeach after having a president getting impeached in our lifetimes.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018