If Obamacare was really as bad as cons say...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rjhangover, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Sig

Sig Senior Member

I got some from there. I got a lot of the numbers straight from the Medicare trustees report though.

2. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

OK, well that's interesting. Haven't heard that argument before. I'm going to check it out.

3. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

any morons are easy to make fun of. john only glanced on the fact that many businesses are cutting full time workers and only hiring part time workers to cut costs of obamacare. and some companies have already started...including the place my mother works. now i have to help out my mom to afford her electric bill on top of pay my own health care insurance which i just barely make enough that its not subsidized but really dont need it yet because im relatively young and healthy at the moment.

4. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Na, it's not the cost of Obamacare. Corporate business has been cutting jobs since 2007 at a rate of 800k per month, since the economic collapse the cons engineered. It's all about giving the top 1% everything, and turning everyone else into the peasant class, like Mexico. It's called a Banana Republic. They just use Obamacare as an excuse. They do the same thing with Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, education and welfare. Cut it all, and give Millionaires another tax cut. And they'd love to destroy the minimum wage so they could pay us all 50 cents an hour.

Rosie the riveter was on NBC news last night. She's 93 and making $40.00 an hour. Rosie became famous back during WWII, doing the same job she has now. Cons seeing her making $40 bucks an hour, probably gave them the bloody piles(hemorrhoids).

5. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

But both factcheck.org, and politifact.com have already pointed out that that shift from full-time to part time workers was already happening regardless of Obamacare.

It's a post-hoc ergo proctor hoc fallacy.

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/09/obamacare-myths/

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/09/spinning-premium-rates/

^This second link has more to do with claims about the prices of premiums etc., who is telling the truth, lies, and/or half-truths.

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/09/factchecking-pernicious-obamacare-claims/

^This third link really kinda shows the Senator's Cruz's half-truths or misrepresentations in his speech from a few days ago.

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I will play along for this thread at the moment. I dont think it matters the reason for the cutbacks what matters are the results. Which will be more people getting subsidized health care. Will the country be able to support all these extra people that will be making not enough to purchase health care on thier own.

I may browse through the cruz link later but i only saw a couple of highlights and the green eggs and ham story so i dont particularly care much about reading supposed lies to a speach i didnt hear in the first place.

7. Mason Grey

Mason Grey Member

most people i know have no health insurance and will continue to have none

8. tahoe

tahoe Member

$300.00 a month and a $6000.00 deductable. (that's the cheapest plan and that's per person) I'm glad you can afford it but I know I can't. I will still be without medical insurance.

9. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

If you're going to try to bullshit people, you have to at least make it believable.

The young think they are bullet proof until they get sick. Then they go to the emergency room at the hospital, and the hospital says, "Sorry, no insurance no service." Within five years all your buddies will have insurance, and they will be glad for Obamacare, because it will be cheaper than their cell phone bill.

10. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Eh correction. The "cheaper than your cell phone bill" is a soundbyte, liberals can't make that claim. They can say that costs are projected to be cheaper than the system was pre-obamacare though.

11. Red Fox VII

Red Fox VII Member

The cheapest plan will cost $100 a month or so for a person. Where did you get your $300 a month information for? I believe the $300 a month is the plan for someone with a $48k a year income. That's for someone of average income, which is relatively affluent.

If you make a lot less, it wouldn't be anywhere near $300 a month.

12. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Yes they can make that claim, because it's true. Just like the libs can make the claim that Bubba Clinton balanced the budget and created an annual surplus that Shrub Jr. destroyed in his first six months, by giving a $3 trillion tax cut(welfare) to millionaires, and just added it to the national debt. But cons prefer to live in denial, rather than face up to reality. And when Obamacare kicks in, and the country realizes it's a good thing, the cons will refuse to call it Obamacare any more, and they'll probably pretend they never tried to stop it.

13. Red Fox VII

Red Fox VII Member

They will simply move on to the next progressive bill and attack that.

14. Red Fox VII

Red Fox VII Member

As they've been doing since, and even before, slavery was abolished.

15. Red Fox VII

Red Fox VII Member

Back then they were arguing that freeing the slaves would destroy our economy. Remember that?

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

like it was yesterday

17. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Do you not fathom the difference between 'giving' and 'not taking'?
    And how do you come up with $3 trillion?

There's Left reality, and then there's the reality that we actually deal with on a day in and day out.

18. Individual

Individual Senior Member

And just when was that?

September 28, 2013?

19. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

uuum, Lincoln was a republican, it was the south that believed abolishing slavery would ruin their economy

20. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Lincoln was also a bigot that wanted to deport all the blacks after the war. The war was really about profits for corporate businesses in the north. The south was tired of corporations getting all the profits, that's why they decided to secede. And without the raw materials the south had, the corporations had no product to make profits with.

Republicans have always been for the rich and corporate business.