If it ain't Dutch... it's racist!

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by skip, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

No, but must I respond with "I agree?"

If I don't respond it either means it doesn't deserve a response, or I agree with what you've said.

I agree, I agree, I agree... ok?

2. consolidated

consolidated Banned

I just had the feeling I was talking into thin air.. not much fun posting on a forum when nobody responds..

3. skip

BTW, my comment about being in a protest in Amsterdam was a response to Velvet's comment:

"Maybe if you settle down for a change somewhere and really start participating in the local politics I'll take you serious."

Protesting was the ONLY avenue for participation available in local politics to expats, or had you not considered that? We cannot vote in local elections. Nor could we participate in EU wide elections.

And in fact it was a protest against MY COUNTRY'S policies. If I had been in NYC for the protest around the same time, I would've been herded into a cage, without any rights or chance to see a lawyer for 24 hours, denied phone calls, even basic needs, undergone interrogation, been entered into a national database, and probably had future travels restricted. Not to mention the potential injuries from the police brutality now meted out to peace protesters regularly.

That is the kinda shit going down in the US to intimidate protesters. That is why today you do not see Americans flooding the streets demanding a withdrawal from Iraq. They've been cowed by their own government into complacency. Your turn is next! You've been warned.

4. velvet

velvet Banned

Oh please! Don't act like participating in a protest in the US is dangerous like that.. here are some links to the 2004 NYC anti-war protests:

http://www.pbase.com/ira_morenberg/protest_nyc_29aug04
    (I guess all the people in the picture got arrested eh? With their anti-bush shirts...)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ll=chi-newsnationworld-utl&ctrack=1&cset=true
    Headline: At least 100,000 protesters.. oh my.. that must've been a full jail that day!

5. skip

And for those of you who are unaware of my contributions to the scene...

I've been engaged for the past 9 years in various online and publishing projects with the goal of bringing back the values lost from the various movements of the 1960s-70s, including an historical look back at the hippy movement (in a website and a book I wrote & published). This is to help counter the revisionist history being taught in America that seeks to undo all the social changes & human rights gains we fought hard for. Roe vs Wade is just one typical case in peril (the right to have an abortion)

I have launched a series of travel websites with the aim of encouraging young people to travel and discover cultures with different values and lifestyles. I've discovered that those who adopt conservative attitudes have very limited direct experience of the world & other cultures, and this is NOT a generalization.

I've been very active with promoting the medical and recreational use of marijuana and have had a number of article and photographs published in very popular mj magazines & books.

I'm also the founder and webmaster of the biggest set of FREE SPEECH forums on the internet. Despite what Velvet thinks, these are free speech forums. And I deal with people fairly and don't play favorites and that is why Velvet was banned. She broke guidelines.

I could go on, but I'm sure I risk boring you all to death.

6. consolidated

consolidated Banned

indeed.. *yawn*

7. velvet

velvet Banned

yeah.. and one of those guidelines is that you can't ask questions about the banned, isn't it? Plus that still doesn't justify deleting an entire profile with all the post someone ever made.. that's like errasing someone from history.. tearing out the pages so to say.

8. consolidated

consolidated Banned

that doesn't sound like free speech to me..

9. velvet

velvet Banned

Nope.. and I quote from the guidelines: "Once someone has been banned from the site, we don't not allow complaints about it."

And then he says the Dutch can't take critique.. hehe.. hey, what was that saying again? Something with a pot.. a kettle.. help me out here... ;)

10. skip

You missed out on what happened B4 the US went to war. Try looking at the 2002 protests. That is the period I am referring to. Here's only one image from the protest you mentioned.

You don't know what you're talking about. And you said you were involved with Indymedia? Really involved? How? Cause you would've had to have seen the images they posted up of police brutality. I remember one woman with a busted face. I had a whole bunch but they're not on my laptop (it's been years).

I really don't see what you & your buddy mafuman are trying to prove. That I'm some kind of liar, or loser or what? You're really failing badly. You just don't want to admit the truth, so you lie & attack me. Really good tactic. You know that's exactly one of the tactics the US government uses when they infiltrate various activist groups. They try to turn one person against another & discredit the leaders. Is that your goal here?

At least get your facts straight.

11. skip

Yeah Velvet was banned for ONE DAY, and you should've seen how she cried about it to everyone. Like the world had ended, and look she's still crying about it. You are a real crybaby I see.

12. skip

Then you have no idea what it really means, in a real situation. And if you continue to discuss the banning procedures of this site, you will be banned.

If you don't like it leave, NOW.

You too Velvet, as you've already had enough warnings.

13. consolidated

consolidated Banned

what real situation? This is the internet..
    I like a lot of different things on these forums, why should I leave those when I don't agree with one thing?

14. velvet

velvet Banned

with the risk of getting banned again I do feel the need to explain myself a little further, since you're starting with the name calling now.

.. I'd like to point out that I'm not complaining about the actual banning (it's your forum, do what you want.. but don't brag about it being free speech because well, it's not).. but I have a HUGE problem with the complete erasing of someone profile. I have seen it happen a number of times now and the only reason I can think of is pure vengeance. It serves no other purpose, plus that everyone is afraid to ask about it because there is always the threat of being banned or deleted yourself. That's all I'm saying. Oh, the crybaby I am *hides in a corner sobbing*

But I'll shut up now, for I get deleted as well.

15. skip

Well you are FAR off topic now, and if you read the forum guidelines, you'll see that continually straying off topic itself is a violation of the guidelines, and is troll like behavior.

So you are now banned. This is exactly what you did before & were warned against. Our policies are clearly stated, yet you continue to act as though they don't exist.

See you in a month. If you care to come back.

16. skip

Because when you signed up you AGREED to follow the guidelines. Got it?

Since you now state you Don't Agree, you are banned too.

Anyone else?

17. skip

Now that this thread has gotten SO off topic, I guess I need to close it.

I thank all who helped seal it's demise.

This is what happens when ppl don't follow the guidelines.

Just for the record, the main reason we delete a person's posts is when they try to circumvent our bans. It's called a deterrent. So come back again Velvet, as you did last time and see what happens.

And when you don't agree with our ban policies, it means you no longer agree with our guidelines, and therefore your membership is terminated at our discretion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.