If God loves us unconditionally, why does he kill us instead of curing us?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And this became so, because of sin

wilsjane likes this.
  2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I may read it then. I'd be keener if it was a physical book. I'd read it aloud in a dramatic voice while at work.

Eric! likes this.
  4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

I use a text reader. Its written to be flat, normalized, with part of the joke being that whether you interpret the book as literally true or a joke is up to you. So you can read it anyway you prefer. The poetry all contains popular song lyrics and quotes whenever possible, so that it doesn't speak in any one single voice.

5. Desos

Desos Senior Member

Well there is the part about man being created in the image of God.

Also genesis 3:8

And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden

Then in exodus 33:11 it says that the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend.

So then God must have a face, and therefore a body like that of men.

Revelations 4:2-3 also gives us a little bit of insight.

Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.

And He who sat there was like a jasper and sarduis stone in appearance.

But in verse 5 it says that there are also seven Spirits of God.

So in revelation there is a reference to a figure that sits on a throne in heaven. Once again this leads me to believe that God has a physical body.

Also notice that the verse you quoted states that God is Spirit, not God is a Spirit.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  6. They're not even above the pettiness of kings in Heaven?

7. Desos

Desos Senior Member

No that is why Jesus is referred to as the King of Kings because in the eternal age He will be just that.

But Jesus is far more worthy to rule than any earthly king.

What king on earth is there that gave his life for you?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  8. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

A problem arises when people believe only what they want to believe from the Bible and ignore what doesn't agree with what they want to believe.

I could address each of your statements here but that would hijack the thread and I do not wish to do that.

But here, you state; "Then in exodus 33:11 it says that the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend.

So then God must have a face, and therefore a body like that of men." So let me ask you; if
    Exodus 33:20 (KJV)
    20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

John 1:18 (KJV)
    18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

are true, then what can Exodus 33:11 actually be talking about?

9. Toasted Oats

Toasted Oats Members

Let's see; Christianity. Oh, right.

believe or burn.jpg

And don't forget to tithe!!

parua and Irminsul like this.
  10. Desos

Desos Senior Member

Re: olderwaterbrother

Well when Moses did see God you can see what his reaction was in deuteronemy 9:19 and hebrews 12:21.

Deuteronemy states that God listened to him at that time also. I wouldn't lump in Moses with the category of the average man. He was chosen by God. So he was actually able to be a sort of middleman between God and humanity to communicate the Law of the old testament to the Jews, as well as the ten commandments. Hebrews states that Moses was exceedingly terrified and afraid when he saw God. That is because coming into the presence of the divine is like a consuming fire. Hebrews 12:29. But somehow Moses was able to escape death because he was chosen by God. But any other man would have died. You can see this in exodus 19: 21-22 where God told Moses to warn the people of Israel to stay away from Mount Sinai. The priests had to consecrate themselves so that God would not break out againt them. But Moses, as the elect of God, was consecrated to an extent that he could actually communicate with God face to face.

And in numbers 12:6-8 God said:

"If there is a prophet among you, I the Lord, make Myself known to him in a vision; I speak to him in a dream. Not so with My servant Moses; He is faithful in all My house. I speak with him face to face, even plainly, and not in dark sayings"

But that does not change what Jesus said about how God is Spirit. I just think that He also has a physical body, or else how is man able to worship in Spirit and truth and yet we have physical bodies?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Show yourself, coward!