If God loves us unconditionally, why does he kill us instead of curing us?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Feb 2, 2019.

1. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

Somehow I don't think we've seen the last of him.

Running Horse likes this.
  2. I told you guys he was a flash in the pan.

3. parua

parua Members

Unconditionally?!
    5bf.jpg

4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

God loves us as if we were God ourselves, but he's immortal and we're not. How many gods do you want? I'm sure we could special order one. However, the assumption that God doesn't have a warped sense of humor, belies all the evidence.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  5. God is a teenage girl with guardian angels.

6. wooleeheron

For a small donation, God can be whatever you want, since nobody has copyrighted or patented the laws of nature yet.

7. And no one ever will. There's no way to determine if everything is normal or absurd.

8. wooleeheron

The question is not what is normal and what is absurd, but what is more creative and efficient, which is exactly what they are closing in on. Quanta can be 125% efficient, and there's simply no rational explanation possible, but it makes them also more creative, meaning they express more emergent and metamorphic effects. Jokes turn out to be more efficient than logic in countless situations, because 42 is as good as it gets. As strange as it might sound, that means modern science should also be able to prove Santa's infectious sparkling laughter really is magical, and can convey energy and information more efficiently than classical physics can account for. There are only about a dozen other ways I've figured out how to prove the principle of identity is consistently vanishing down the nearest rabbit hole or toilet of your preference, but the neurologists will possibly be the first to prove it.

9. Nah. It's what is normal and what is absurd. There's no way to tell.

10. wooleeheron

Classical physics and logic are 2,000 years old, and have proven incredibly inefficient for countless applications. Your fucking computer would not work if it had to rely on classical logic, even if it used modern physics, because it would fill a warehouse and be as slow as a snail. Think of it instead as quantum mechanics and fuzzy logic simply provide shortcuts that classical logic cannot touch, because it is too inflexible, but that makes it good for correcting errors.

11. You using bullshit to baffle, or are you being serious? One can never tell with you.

Maybe a better way to put it is one cannot discern what is abstract from what is normal.

12. wooleeheron

Quantum induced microwave vibrations have already been located in the brain. Its about efficiency and creativity, with just about everything in the universe moving towards occupying the lowest possible energy state of the complete system, while also expanding and expressing maximum entropy production. However, what is efficient and what is creative can be considered relative and context dependent. You can also think of it as proving that imagination is more important than knowledge.

13. So what? Quantum induced microwave vibrations don't mean anything to anyone. It's just an attempt to seal the deal with mumbo jumbo. You can't prove a damn thing.

14. It's just a bunch of quackery that no one can really make sense of.

15. wooleeheron

Quantum Cognition is respected field that has been around for decades now, and has been used to demonstrate how quantum mechanics make the brain more efficient and explain all the insanity. The way people normally make decisions, does not obey classical logic for a fucking reason, and the evidence indicates we would be extinct if either our minds or brains resembled anything remotely like reality. The world around us is just too complex to rely upon classical logic alone, which is far too limited.

16. Blah
    Blah
    BLAH.

17. wooleeheron

The first intelligent thing I've heard so far.

18. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

i came into this thread hoping there had been a conversation between andy and woo.
    not disappointed.

19. wooleeheron

No matter how often I tell people language is all math to me, they never seem to get it, that I can use anything they say to learn more. It doesn't matter how nasty it is, doesn't matter how stupid, I can use it all and mother nature always gives me whatever I need to figure out something new. Right now I'm just getting ready to write the last chapter of my book, so I actually have to take it easy and just absorb what its supposed to be about before I try to write it. But, its just like assembling a jig-saw puzzle, and the only expertise I have in that regard is knowing how to collect pieces and how to assemble them faster than anyone on the planet. I know famous Taoist masters and whatnot, but none of them know a damned thing about physics and linguistics, while physicists are trained to reject Taoism and also tend to know nothing about linguistics. The physicists might as well be arguing with themselves, while the Taoists tend to contemplate their navels and try to pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist.

Which was all good and well with the Taoists, until the NSA and everyone else started bugging their computers. Taoists don't watch much TV, but the NSA even got Sony to add cameras to some of their TVs that only the NSA knew about. Voluntary simplicity is one thing, but even most Taoists don't care to spend the rest of their life in a cave. The government has already classified some of our poems as "Vital to the National Defense" and nobody wants their legacy turned into weapons of mass destruction, but the idiots have no clue what to do other than chant and be happy.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Driftrue likes this.
  20. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I'd buy your book.