If God loves us unconditionally, why does he kill us instead of curing us?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

It would take too many posts. Over, and over, and over again you've evaded direct questions. Everybody following your posts knows this. Many besides me have commented on it.

Flashdown likes this.
  2. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I'd say the same.

Okiefreak likes this.
  3. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Here's your chance. What is the name of the specific Gnostic denomination, sect, organization or fellowship group you belong to, and where is it headquartered? That seems like a straightforward and reasonable question that would help in putting your posts in context.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  4. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I have said that the closest I resemble is a Chrestian/Cathar type of Gnostic Christian.

As an esoteric ecumenist I cannot idol worship any creed, especially my own.

I am to let my God, I am, lead me in a perpetual search for the perfect.

Brand me whatever you like. I don't care. All I am doing is talking of what my apotheosis led me to. Take it or leave it.

Regards
    DL

5. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

Let's just start with this.

The whole premise is ill conceived and based on false assumptions.

God doesn't kill us, Mankind brought death upon themselves and as for curing us, God has worked out for us a cure, if we accept it.

If a doctor gives us the medicine that will cure us and we reject it and die, does that mean the cure was no good and that he killed us?

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You really believe mortality is not a part of nature? But a burden mankind put on themselves?

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what isn't known isn't known. the causes of death and illness, many, of them at least, are known and well known.
    as for gods or a god, absolutely anything is possible, but owes absolutely nothing to what people, or their beliefs, tell each other.

as for mental suffering, that one is a burden we create for each other statistically; mostly by hating logic.
    i won't try to blame that on religious beliefs entirely, but they're certainly not innocent of encouraging it.

only logic and consideration together can reduce or even end them.
    and imagination helps too, by bring joy to life that would not exist without it.

as for why does god or gods or whatever else might exist as their functional equivalent, do or do not do anything,
    i'm sorry, but religious beliefs are human speculation, and no one flavor of belief, knows the will of intentions of any of them.

(i also seriously doubt the goodness of anything with a penis, and what would a god want or need with one anyway?)

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well if you're going to "what if"; what if your so called cure, is actually the poison that really is killing us?

also, i'm sorry, but neither christianity, nor any other brand name flavor of belief, knows jack about god or gods or any of the rest of it.

it may be all possible, but to pretend its known is pretending.

parua likes this.
  9. Z-Man1983

Z-Man1983 Members

I don’t think he kills us. We kill ourselves. Not speaking of suicide but the other means. War. If we don’t agree with someone we go to war. It just depends on what scale. Or we try to experiment with medicines. Along the way they do the exact opposite of our goals but oh well “progress.” I’ve always felt the human race is a race of arrogant and selfish people. If we can’t have what you have killing you to get it isn’t out of the realm of possibility. In some way or another our actions inevitably result in death.

10. People are arrogant and selfish, it is true.

11. OlderWaterBrother

The Bible seems to indicate that men were meant to live forever on the Earth and that it wasn't till man's disobedience that death fell on mankind and the rest of the Bible shows how God has worked to remove that "burden".

12. OlderWaterBrother

Do you even know what the cure I mentioned is? Otherwise how could you consider it "poison"?

If You want to "believe" it is all pretending, be my guest but there are many "believe" differently.

13. OlderWaterBrother

Honestly? Without penises, there would be very little animal life on this planet and that would include you, in fact with the exception of some of mankind, everything with a penis is a goodness.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

and this has precisely what to do with gods or god-like beings???

and no, there would be no life that reproduced sexually as we know it, but there are many other known forms of biological reproduction,

however we were talking about gods or a god, which do not need to reproduce, given eternal existence, nor any requirement for physical form in order to exist.

15. OlderWaterBrother

Absolutely nothing but then your statement "i also seriously doubt the goodness of anything with a penis" uses the word "anything" which would include "anything" with a penis, not just "gods or god-like beings" and so I was just reminding you that there are many things with penises that can be considered a goodness.

Which is what I just said but pointing out one of the lives that would not exist is you but perhaps you don't consider your existence a goodness.

Yes, we were talking about "gods or a god" but as I mentioned, you extended the scope of the discussion with the use of the word "anything" and so I pointed out the difficulty with that statement.

But if you want to return to just talking about "gods or a god", God is a spirit being and thus has no corporal body and does not have any need for a "penis" whether it is a goodness or not. Calling God a Father has more to do with the role he played in the creation of the universe than it has to do with whether he has a "penis" or not.

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The question remains: do you believe/think mortality isn't a part of nature. But an unnatural part of life caused by a burden humanity put on themselves.
    I know what the Bible implies, but I didn't ask for that. Unless you comply your critical thinking skills to whatever the Bible may indicate.

Why put believe between ""? It's a fact the believers believe it is certain. They don't know (hence the significance of faith) and if they claim otherwise they are indeed pretending.

17. Desos

Desos Senior Member

God isn't a spirit being. That is why He said let Us make man in Our image.

Jesus was foreknown from the foundation of the world. Because God knew that man would fall. So then yes death is a part of nature. So I would consider fallen and then redeemed man to be greater than the state that Adam and Eve were in during the first paradise.

So then when man fell it was because of something in his heart that satan latched on to which led to him convincing eve that she should eat the forbidden fruit. So when we talk about the fall of man we have to remember it in the context of satans rebellion.

Anyway I'm going to get out of here before thegreatestiam gets back

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  18. OlderWaterBrother

The topic appears to be directed at “Christianity” and so I used what the Bible says to answer your question.

If you want me to “fess-up” about what I “believe”, please define what you mean when you say “nature”.
    I put it between parentheses for a couple of reasons, one is that not everyone understands "believe" to mean the same thing and second I wasn’t sure if you consider yourself a “believer”.

19. OlderWaterBrother

John 4:24 says God is a spirit, so I would say yes, he is.
    I understand that to mean that we would have God’s qualities and not that God has a physical body like ours.
    Some would say that the “world” was founded when Adam sinned and not when he was created and so God did not know man would fall at the time of Adam’s creation.
    Probably a good Idea. ;-)

20. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

GreatestIAm isn't coming back man