If God loves us unconditionally, why does he kill us instead of curing us?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Feb 2, 2019.

1. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

The tree of life, you might have noted, was ignored by A & E whom I guess decided, not that they really could make a free willed decision without the information in the tree of all knowledge, to ignore it as eternal life without intelligence and being too stupid to reproduce was not a good choice.

To believe that Saint Germain attained eternal life, I would need to be able to confirm something in the supernatural realm and I cannot nor do I believe that such a realm exists.

If it did, Gnostic Christian thinking shows that, like fractals and matrix thinking, there could be a whole line up of Gods above Gods.

Supernatural beliefs are for those of low I.Q. or delusional minds.

Regards
    DL

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You see Satan as a supernatural entity?

3. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

No one, which is why God locked it away.

Call it a part of an intelligence test where only the really dumb would crave eternal life being as bright as a brick and too stupid to even know when one is naked and unable to reproduce.

A & E graduated which is why Jews see Eden as our elevation and Christians sing their hymn calling Adam's sin a happy fault and necessary to God's plan.

You do not seem to recognize that and seem to think that God's plan was thwarted, making God an Omni-loser.

Regards
    DL

4. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

The highest office in the Cathars was a human Parfait.

If you see that as supernatural and want to ignore what a Gnostic Christian is telling you of our beliefs, have at it.

Regards
    DL

5. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

No. I see her role in the myth as God's loyal opposition.

Regards
    DL

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Do you consider yourself a modern Cathar?

7. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

They are the sect that most closely mimics what a modern Gnostic Christian would think like.

There might have been some of the many sects that might have been closer, but Christian inquisitions burned too many of the holy books in their zeal to end freedom of religion for me to be sure.

A modern Cathar Parfait would not IMO walk into the fires that the inquisitors used.

The scriptures IMO are related to thinking and not the physical and have nothing to do with our bodies living eternally. I think they speak to the eternal life of ideas and our way of thinking.

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Regards
    DL

8. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Parfait is French for Perfect, often the Latin 'Perfecti' is used to designate the cathars who had taken the Consolamentum.

It isn't 'supernatural' in itself, but a human created designation. But that's not to say that the Cathars didn't believe in the 'supernatural'.

I haven't seen anything that would make me think of you as Gnostic Christian,

Okiefreak likes this.
  9. storch

storch banned

I do not recognize a god. Therefore I do not think that a god's plan was thwarted. I also do not think that a book that offers a flawed chronological order of creation is worth trying to reconcile with reality.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  10. BlackBillBlake

I guess you assume the Cathars spoke French.

There are no modern Cathar Perfects, so this is a purely a hypothetical saying. But if not now, why were they ready to die then?

11. Why did God even put the tree of life on Earth. Or of the knowledge of good and evil. Did they look really good, or what?

storch likes this.
  12. storch

storch banned

Apparently, the hypothetical god is hypothetically into temptation and gotcha scenarios.

GreatestIam likes this.
  13. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

If we believed in the supernatural, we sure had balls as we called Yahweh a demiurge.

But let's say I believe you, what was the name of our supernatural God?

Regards
    DL

14. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I don't know.
    Likely because life was a lot harder in those days than today and we generally live twice as long as they did back then.
    No argument for sure and that is why I do not try.

Talking serpents and donkey play havoc on the notion of reality and cannot be reconciled to anything but myth.

Regards
    DL

15. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

God did not do that.
    The scribes who made up the story did and I think that the moral of the story that the Jews put to Eden, that it was where man was elevated, was correct as A & E showed us that it is better to seek knowledge and wisdom than a long life of being as bright as a brick.

Christians call it a fall yet sing of Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to God's plan. Christians are trying to have their cake and eat it too.

They should not have reversed the more intelligent moral of that story.

Regards
    DL

16. BlackBillBlake

I think life was actually fairly good by the standards of the age in the South of France before the crusade. Especially for the wealthy, land owning Cathar nobility. Maybe people lived shorter lives, but why that would make them more inclined than a modern person to die in a horrible manner rather than give up their beliefs and convert I can't see.

17. BlackBillBlake

'We' once again. Irrelevant. It was all centuries ago.

18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I thought you were claiming that status for yourself. Your arguments go in circles. You have practically nothing in common with Gnostics except the word.

19. storch

storch banned

I don't recall saying that I had anything to do with Gnostics, do you? Hurry up and answer so that I can tell you that your statement goes no where; not even in circles.

20. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

You're right, you didn't. I somehow got you mixed up with Greatest I Am--and for that I deeply apologize.